• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

WHERE'S LILLY ???

Help Support Ranchers.net:

katrina said:
:clap: :arrow: :arrow: :secret:

Yeah,I havent forgotten about you girl,Im still wondering about this rain dance stuff, Reality or coincidence ? .............good luck

Faster horses said:
If it worked, why question it? :lol: :wink:

Because,if I can get this figgered,I will change my name from HAY MAKER ta RAIN MAKER and get rich :wink: ..............good luck

Unless the Indians had a pow wow over on the reservation and did the rain dance, aint been no dancin done for the rains we got. Sure been some good drenchers, the good kind that last and last and soaks in. Still cloudy here, and it started after midnite again and went to about 8:30ish. :wink: Even kept on my clothes, no running to be done. Guess yall over to the west could have run both directions? in that case TY..lol But we have been very fortunate and not had a problem of no rains, been getting them fairly regular and things are growing great here. Even the yard that needs mowing lmao, hey might get me about 2 round bales out of it if could talk them into baling it. Then I wouldnt have to mow.

Anyway back to washing them clothes I need to get clean, or I will be going nakie to work.

Everyone have a GREAT SUNDAY, "Fathers Day"

Easty

Still dry in Alabama. I am feeding hay like the middle of winter. It is a good thing I got a first cutting a few weeks ago or I would be buying hay like so many others. I have been seeing hay sell for $45 to $60 a roll for a 4 X 6 roll. All I have sold was two rolls to the lady next door that buys hay every year. She got it for the same price as last year, $30 for a 5 X 5 roll. I also put her on notice that I don't think I will make enough for all she needs this winter. If we get rain soon we just might get by.
We have already lost one cutting and most of the corn crop so if things don't improve the stockyards will be over run with cull cows.
We tried the "rain run" yesterday morning. Me and her lit out from the kitchen and made it most of the way before we had to slow down and walk on into the barn. About that time, my daughter came driving up for father's day and there we were, naked in the barn. We climbed up in the loft and hid like we weren't home. It could have been fun but my daughter was out looking for us and recruiting the help of the dogs. We somehow escaped detection and I was able to sneak around behind the house and raid the clothesline and get dressed behind some bushes. Armed with some shorts and a top I made it back to the barn and rescued my assistant, but only after she chewed my "not nice" about how crazy I am and how I was never going to talk he into any such craze stunt again.
And the worst of it, still no rain. But we will never forget the "Rain Run"

Bama....... You got to make the rain gods smile......Did you stretch out before you started??? :D :D You got to put your heart into it and be creative...... :D :D It'll rain...........

If one of you girls that can make the rain run work would like to hire your services out please let me know. You can just dirve on down and bring your trailer. I would trade a nice calf for a 3 day 3 inch rain.

Yup,worked here in the TX Hill country,got two good rains and a good chance of more all this week...............good luck

EastTexasGal said:
Unless the Indians had a pow wow over on the reservation and did the rain dance, aint been no dancin done for the rains we got. Sure been some good drenchers, the good kind that last and last and soaks in. Still cloudy here, and it started after midnite again and went to about 8:30ish. :wink: Even kept on my clothes, no running to be done. Guess yall over to the west could have run both directions? in that case TY..lol But we have been very fortunate and not had a problem of no rains, been getting them fairly regular and things are growing great here. Even the yard that needs mowing lmao, hey might get me about 2 round bales out of it if could talk them into baling it. Then I wouldnt have to mow.

Anyway back to washing them clothes I need to get clean, or I will be going nakie to work.

Everyone have a GREAT SUNDAY, "Fathers Day"

Easty

Sooo evidently, you have to get someone else a looooong ways off to do the rain run. "Bama did it and you got his rain. Let me know how far west you are of him so I can get somebody that far east of me to do the rain run, and I'll get lots of rain. K? :wink:

Lets see, maybe Illinois would work for me. Or even Minnesota, Denny? :lol:

Come on guys, we are really dry and need the rain. :cry:

I never had any luck myself,did'nt even cloud up,until ...........we got a pretty girl a runnin ,then all hell broke loose,Lightnin thunder high winds,elmo said he had ta catch her and put her back in tha truck,had some cows on some bottom land and was afraid she was gonna cause a young flood and wash em away,I still got water gaps to patch.........good luck

HAY MAKER said:
I never had any luck myself,did'nt even cloud up,until ...........we got a pretty girl a runnin ,then all hell broke loose,Lightnin thunder high winds,elmo said he had ta catch her and put her back in tha truck,had some cows on some bottom land and was afraid she was gonna cause a young flood and wash em away,I still got water gaps to patch.........good luck

OK, so first i got to find me a good lookin', young girl...................... :wink:

Jinglebob said:
HAY MAKER said:

OK, so first i got to find me a good lookin', young girl...................... :wink:

Yep,then just follow Katrina's instructions............good luck
PS Or talk Katrina into doing one for you,I think it has something to do with the way they shake it ?

Whatcha mean shake what,you have watched enough pretty girls ta know.........there aint much that dont shake when they are runnin :D .............good luck

alabama said:
I don't care what them ladies shake. Just shake it so it will rain.

Hey Katrina can you shake up a lil rain for a good ole boy from Alabama ?...........good luck

Latest posts