• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

WHO DO YOU BELIEVE R-CALF,OR THE NCBA

Help Support Ranchers.net:

WHO REALLY REPRESENTS THE CATTLE MAN

• R-CALF

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NCBA

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
HAY MAKER said:
Bill said:
HAY MAKER said:
Jason I hate to be the one to say this but,some folks would'nt call that regression..................good luck.
MsSage, here is the answer to your question right here.

While NCBA supporters encourage trade, typical R-Calf supporters such as Haymaker don't can't even see benefit in sales of breeding stock to another country. :roll:

That's not fair or true Bill I do support fair trade,but not at the risk of compounding the BSE problem,you know as well as I "OTM" cattle are a risk,and all "OTM" cattle need to stay in place untill BSE is completely understood...........good luck
A lot of OTMs selling out of Midland these days?

Bill said:
HAY MAKER said:
Bill said:

While NCBA supporters encourage trade, typical R-Calf supporters such as Haymaker don't can't even see benefit in sales of breeding stock to another country. :roll:

That's not fair or true Bill I do support fair trade,but not at the risk of compounding the BSE problem,you know as well as I "OTM" cattle are a risk,and all "OTM" cattle need to stay in place untill BSE is completely understood...........good luck

You sell alot of "UTM" breeding stock ?.................good luck

HAY MAKER said:
Bill said:
HAY MAKER said:

Yes in fact the majority of the breeding stock we sell is under 30 months. Do you not know what breeding stock is or is it UTM and OTM you have a hard time comprehending?

Bill said:
HAY MAKER said:
Bill said:

Yes in fact the majority of the breeding stock we sell is under 30 months. Do you not know what breeding stock is or is it UTM and OTM you have a hard time comprehending?

I believe you are the one with the comprehension problem tonite Bill................good luck

HAY MAKER said:
Bill said:
HAY MAKER said:
Jason I hate to be the one to say this but,some folks would'nt call that regression..................good luck.

So Haymaker if we follow your logic all OTM cattle from Texas should be quarantined in state........... perhaps to be safe maybe they should be banned from slaughter also!! Might be a real business opportunity.......you could start digging burial pits...............either fill em with worthless cows or your r-cult bull sh*t........ either way you'll need lots of holes :!: :roll:

cowsense said:
HAY MAKER said:
Bill said:

So Haymaker if we follow your logic all OTM cattle from Texas should be quarantined in state........... perhaps to be safe maybe they should be banned from slaughter also!! Might be a real business opportunity.......you could start digging burial pits...............either fill em with worthless cows or your r-cult bull sh*t........ either way you'll need lots of holes :!: :roll:
:clap: :clap: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: Way to go Cowsense

Tam said:
cowsense said:
HAY MAKER said:

:clap: :clap: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: Way to go Cowsense

It has been rumored,that Texas has more cattle than Canada,if Texas was to have as many cases of BSE as Canada,I would have no problem accepting the need for a quarantine................good luck

Haymaker: Under international trading rules Canada and the US have EXACTLY the same risk hazard status- they are both classified as minimal risk countries for BSE! Whatever you ask for Canada will also have to be followed in your country! Perhaps you could ask for a better surveillance program that will show the true state of the disease in your country.

cowsense said:
Haymaker: Under international trading rules Canada and the US have EXACTLY the same risk hazard status- they are both classified as minimal risk countries for BSE! Whatever you ask for Canada will also have to be followed in your country! Perhaps you could ask for a better surveillance program that will show the true state of the disease in your country.

Do you realize that you're talking about rules the US and Canada had changed? The USDA wanted Canada and the US to be in the same classsification so that trade could be "justified". I call it the Tyson/Cargill amendment.

cowsense said:

Well under international common sense its plain to see the US & Canada do not share the same risk,packers/usda may sell that argument to a chicken or pig farmer but cattle men aint buying...............good luck

Sandhusker said:
cowsense said:

Do you realize that you're talking about rules the US and Canada had changed? The USDA wanted Canada and the US to be in the same classsification so that trade could be "justified". I call it the Tyson/Cargill amendment.
You conveniently keep spouting the R-Calf party line but don't mention that the rules were changed at the recommendation of the OIE.

Call it whatever you want, it was the USDA and CFIA following the advice of the OIE.

Bill said:
Sandhusker said:
cowsense said:

You conveniently keep spouting the R-Calf party line but don't mention that the rules were changed at the recommendation of the OIE.

Call it whatever you want, it was the USDA and CFIA following the advice of the OIE.

Who initiated the idea, Bill, the OIE or USDA?

HAY MAKER said:
cowsense said:

Well under international common sense its plain to see the US & Canada do not share the same risk,packers/usda may sell that argument to a chicken or pig farmer but cattle men aint buying...............goosd luck
An R-Calf member touting International common sense? :roll: You don't even want trade!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

The world sees Canada and the US at the same risk level with countries such as Japan and a few others seeing the US to be higher risk.

Sandhusker said:
Bill said:
Sandhusker said:

The OIE announced it in their written report of their findings and recommendations on the 2003 Canadian investigation. Are you suggesting that USDA runs the OIE?

Hit us with another conspiracy theory. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Bill said:
HAY MAKER said:
cowsense said:

Well under international common sense its plain to see the US & Canada do not share the same risk,packers/usda may sell that argument to a chicken or pig farmer but cattle men aint buying...............goosd luck
An R-Calf member touting International common sense? :roll: You don't even want trade!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

The world sees Canada and the US at the same risk level with countries such as Japan and a few others seeing the US to be higher risk.

The "higher risk" of the U.S. has more to do with credibility than anything else---and you have said nothing about that credibility, Bill. Rcalf, myself, farm groups, individuals like flounder, and others have been speaking up about that credibilty gap and yet as a Canadian subserviant to the decisions out of a potentially corrupt USDA, you remain silent. I understand why you do it, but do you think it is right?

My question I posed to rkaiser a long time ago when I asked if Canadians would have their little govt. bailout without the help of Tyson/Cargill was revealing. Producers in Canada have the same problem as producers in the U.S. with these large agribusinesses running the show and politicians taking money and getting influenced by them. You do nothing when you show your lack of integrity when you break down a producer in your chief importing country to help solve this problem. Maybe you have given up on it. It shows which golden rule you really believe in and want to fight for. In short, it shows the depth of your character.

Bill said:
HAY MAKER said:
cowsense said:

The world sees Canada and the US at the same risk level with countries such as
Japan and a few others seeing the US to be higher risk.

Well there you go Billy boy,label your beef product of Canada and ship it straight to Japan,seems to me that would make every body happy,canuckle heads & R-CALF...............good luck

Econ101 said:
Bill said:
HAY MAKER said:

The "higher risk" of the U.S. has more to do with credibility than anything else---and you have said nothing about that credibility, Bill. Rcalf, myself, farm groups, individuals like flounder, and others have been speaking up about that credibilty gap and yet as a Canadian subserviant to the decisions out of a potentially corrupt USDA, you remain silent. I understand why you do it, but do you think it is right?

My question I posed to rkaiser a long time ago when I asked if Canadians would have their little govt. bailout without the help of Tyson/Cargill was revealing. Producers in Canada have the same problem as producers in the U.S. with these large agribusinesses running the show and politicians taking money and getting influenced by them. You do nothing when you show your lack of integrity when you break down a producer in your chief importing country to help solve this problem. Maybe you have given up on it. It shows which golden rule you really believe in and want to fight for. In short, it shows the depth of your character.
Econ speaking about character and credibility?

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. Plato

Bill said:
Econ101 said:
Bill said:

Econ speaking about character and credibility?

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. Plato

Yes, Bill, the Japanese do not believe the USDA and Goodlatte's little rant did nothing to change their mind. The USDA has a big credibility problem. I am glad to see that the Japanese think the Canadians are doing a little better in that regards with Japan. Those remedies were forced onto Canada, they did not just happen. It still does not solve the USDA credibility problem.

Bill said:
Sandhusker said:
Bill said:

The OIE announced it in their written report of their findings and recommendations on the 2003 Canadian investigation. Are you suggesting that USDA runs the OIE?

You didn't answer my question, Bill. Who initiated the idea?

I've never hit you with one conspiracy theory.

Sandhusker said:
Bill said:
Sandhusker said:

You didn't answer my question, Bill. Who initiated the idea?

I've never hit you with one conspiracy theory.
OK Sandhusker you stepped in it, who i n i t i a t e d the idea and give us the proof to back up your claim. Don't give the usual song and dance about it being in the archives as you are the one who suggests that the OIE caved to USDA.

Latest posts