• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

WHO DO YOU BELIEVE R-CALF,OR THE NCBA

Help Support Ranchers.net:

WHO REALLY REPRESENTS THE CATTLE MAN

• R-CALF

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NCBA

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Bill said:
Sandhusker said:
Bill said:
The OIE announced it in their written report of their findings and recommendations on the 2003 Canadian investigation. Are you suggesting that USDA runs the OIE?

Hit us with another conspiracy theory. :roll: :roll: :roll:

You didn't answer my question, Bill. Who initiated the idea?

I've never hit you with one conspiracy theory.
OK Sandhusker you stepped in it, who i n i t i a t e d the idea and give us the proof to back up your claim. Don't give the usual song and dance about it being in the archives as you are the one who suggests that the OIE caved to USDA.

It was the USDA, Bill. The OIE had no reason to change anything - the USDA did.

Sandhusker said:
Bill said:
Sandhusker said:

OK Sandhusker you stepped in it, who i n i t i a t e d the idea and give us the proof to back up your claim. Don't give the usual song and dance about it being in the archives as you are the one who suggests that the OIE caved to USDA.

Sandhusker:
:roll: :lol: :lol:

Sandhusker said:
Bill said:
Sandhusker said:

Would you like to EXPLAIN this comment then
It is apparent that some Member Countries are applying trade bans when an exporting country reports the presence of BSE, without consulting the recommendations in the Code or conducting a risk analysis in accordance with its OIE and WTO olbigations. While the Code provides increasingly restrictive recommendations which are commensurate with the level of BSE risk in each of the country status categories it does not recommend any other ban than the above mentioned on trade of animals or specific animal products. Regarding the BSE situation in the EU and more recently in Japan, Canada and the US, the existence of valid up to date standards did not prevent major trade disruptions due to a failure by many countries to apply the international standard when estblishing or revising their import policies. This has been particularly evident in the case of commodities for which the Code recommends that no restrictions be applied, regardless of the BSE status of the exporting country. Except for short trade suspensions during investigation period following a new epidemiological event, it is of particular concern to the OIE that many countries apply trade bans when the exporting country reports its first case of BSE, without having conducted a risk analysis as described in the Code. Such situations penalize countries with good and transparent surveillance system for animal disease and zoonoses, and which demonstrate their ability to control the risks identified,
and then this comment made the month after the first comment was posted on the OIE web site.
Therefore, the subcommittee recommends that the US should demonstrate leadership in trade matters by adopting import/export policy in accordance with international standards, and thus encourage the discontinuation of irrational trade barriers when countries identify their first case of BSE.

If it was as you say, the USDA, why would the subcommittee recommend the US demonstrate leadership in trade matters by adopting import/export policy in accordance with international standards?

Thanks Tam, I couldn't find those quotes.

Now Sandhusker can spend the next day and a half arguing who
I N I T I A T E D the idea. :roll:

Econ101 said:
Tam, sounds like your argument is with the USDA.

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.

Bill said:

Tam's doing some work, why don't you do the same, Bill? If you find a time-line on the events, you will see who initiated the changes.

Sandhusker said:
Bill said:

Tam's doing some work, why don't you do the same, Bill? If you find a time-line on the events, you will see who initiated the changes.
Once again Sandhusker dug a dry hole as he has nothing to back his claims. :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Econ101 said:
You must have missed this in the R-Calf newletter ECON.

On Jan.9 2006 it was R-Calf not USDA who filed with Cebull to reclose the border to Canadian beef and cattle.

Bill said:
Sandhusker said:
Bill said:

Once again Sandhusker dug a dry hole as he has nothing to back his claims. :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know what the story is, I've been paying attention. If you want to know, the story is pretty easy to find. I've already told you how it ended. If you don't want to bother yourself to find it out, fine with me.

Bill said:
Econ101 said:

On Jan.9 2006 it was R-Calf not USDA who filed with Cebull to reclose the border to Canadian beef and cattle.

I don't read that newsletter, Bill. Why haven't you brought your greivances of border closure up with the USDA? You seem to be wrestling a goat here instead of a steer.

Escape goat.

Sandhusker said:
Bill said:
Sandhusker said:

I know what the story is, I've been paying attention. If you want to know, the story is pretty easy to find. I've already told you how it ended. If you don't want to bother yourself to find it out, fine with me.
YOU ARE STALLING AGAIN SANDHUSKER We all realize you think you know the STORY but what we would like is the facts that prove your story. and if you have a few why don't you BRING THEM. Opinions are just opinions and that is all we see from you.

Tam said:
Sandhusker said:
Bill said:

YOU ARE STALLING AGAIN SANDHUSKER We all realize you think you know the STORY but what we would like is the facts that prove your story. and if you have a few why don't you BRING THEM. Opinions are just opinions and that is all we see from you.
Actually he's not stalling as once again Sandhusker can't bring forward the facts that don't exist.

Econ101 said:
Bill said:
Econ101 said:

I don't read that newsletter, Bill. Why haven't you brought your greivances of border closure up with the USDA? You seem to be wrestling a goat here instead of a steer.

Escape goat.

I'll type this real slow for you as maybe English is your second language. :lol:

USDA wants the Canadian border open!

R-Calf wants the border closed! Pretty simple huh?

Why would I complain to USDA about the border?

Bill said:
Econ101 said:
Bill said:

Escape goat.

I'll type this real slow for you as maybe English is your second language. :lol:

Bill- Did you forget that NFU called for immediate closure of the border again? And that the last policy I saw coming from the NCBA called for no further opening (OTM's) until they had more guarantees- which included a fair trade going both ways agreement (that Canada could never come up with in 10+ years...)

Maybe more than R-CALF have concerns.....

Bill said:
Econ101 said:
Bill said:

Escape goat.

I have pointed this out before, Bill, I think most of us want to make sure the BSE threat is handled correctly. The USDA stopped the testing of animals by private companies for export and has had investigation after investigation of the USDA not handling their responsibilities regarding BSE and their regulatory agencies competently. If you really wanted to help all cattle producers you would support some of these issues instead working against some of these issues. It is really easy to wrestle a goat instead of a steer. I see which one you pick time and time again. Maybe you like to eat goat.

Econ101 said:
Bill said:
Econ101 said:

Escape goat.

I have pointed this out before, Bill, I think most of us want to make sure the BSE threat is handled correctly. The USDA stopped the testing of animals by private companies for export and has had investigation after investigation of the USDA not handling their responsibilities regarding BSE and their regulatory agencies competently. If you really wanted to help all cattle producers you would support some of these issues instead working against some of these issues. It is really easy to wrestle a goat instead of a steer. I see which one you pick time and time again. Maybe you like to eat goat.
Do you own any cattle?

Oldtimer said:
Bill said:
Econ101 said:

Escape goat.

Bill- Did you forget that NFU called for immediate closure of the border again? And that the last policy I saw coming from the NCBA called for no further opening (OTM's) until they had more guarantees- which included a fair trade going both ways agreement (that Canada could never come up with in 10+ years...)

Maybe more than R-CALF have concerns.....
Yes but only R-Calf has applied to get the border reclosed to under 30 months and beef. Trying to use other groups to add legitimacy to R-Calf, how predictable.

Bill said:
Tam said:
Sandhusker said:
Actually he's not stalling as once again Sandhusker can't bring forward the facts that don't exist.

Fine, I'll draw you each a picture. I'll even start a new thread for you. If both you of weren't so dang intent on only finding fault with R-CALF and their members you might actually learn something that could be helpful to you.

Latest posts