• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Who is becoming your top Republican Presidential Candidate?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Ted Cruz is my favorite of the candidates running. Though I would be comfortable voting for Trump or Huckabee. IMO, Ted Cruz is the only candidate who has demonstrated he is a true conservative.

Cruz has proven he is not a RINO like some of the other candidates, particularly Jeb Bush and Chris Christie. I would hold my nose and vote for Bush of Christie if they are nominated, only because the worst of the R team is still better than anything the D team has to offer.

IMO, two terms of Obama has brought our nation down worse than Jimmy Carter did. We absolutely must reverse course or kiss America as we know it goodbye. Reagan was the polar opposite of Carter, I likewise see Cruz as the polar opposite of Obama, and as our best shot at true "hope" and "change".

I listened to Dave Ramsey's interview of Ben Carson on his show this past Wednesday. I was very impressed with Dr Carson and his ideas, but I don't think he has the traction to get elected. IMO, Dr Carson would be excellent to be nominated for a cabinet position.

Last week I ordered a couple caps from the Cruz 2016 website. The Made in USA caps cost $25 each + shipping. All profits go to support the Cruz 2016 campaign. I sent one of the caps to a rabid liberal Hillary supporter friend of mine in NY. I bet she is still fuming! :p :p :p :p :p :p

I like Cruz a lot. My first choice is Rand Paul. We face an epidemic of 8 years of statist judges that must be reversed, and too few of the republicans make this an issue. As for the Supreme Court, the next president should ask for the voluntary retirement of conservative justices and replace them with young strict constitutionalist justices - that may serve for 50 years.

Pragmatically speaking john Kasich and bush for vp almost guarantee a victory by delivering Ohio and Florida. I could support Kasich, but I like the crazies better

John SD said:
Ted Cruz is my favorite of the candidates running. Though I would be comfortable voting for Trump or Huckabee. IMO, Ted Cruz is the only candidate who has demonstrated he is a true conservative.

Cruz has proven he is not a RINO like some of the other candidates, particularly Jeb Bush and Chris Christie. I would hold my nose and vote for Bush of Christie if they are nominated, only because the worst of the R team is still better than anything the D team has to offer.

IMO, two terms of Obama has brought our nation down worse than Jimmy Carter did. We absolutely must reverse course or kiss America as we know it goodbye. Reagan was the polar opposite of Carter, I likewise see Cruz as the polar opposite of Obama, and as our best shot at true "hope" and "change".

I listened to Dave Ramsey's interview of Ben Carson on his show this past Wednesday. I was very impressed with Dr Carson and his ideas, but I don't think he has the traction to get elected. IMO, Dr Carson would be excellent to be nominated for a cabinet position.

Last week I ordered a couple caps from the Cruz 2016 website. The Made in USA caps cost $25 each + shipping. All profits go to support the Cruz 2016 campaign. I sent one of the caps to a rabid liberal Hillary supporter friend of mine in NY. I bet she is still fuming! :p :p :p :p :p :p

John,
I just finished reading the USA and Great Britain "Hot Bet" for the U.S. Presidential Candidates are as follow:

Odds to become President of the U.S:
Hillary: 1.1 to 1
Jeb Bush: 4 to 1
Donald Trump: 8:1
Bernie Sanders: 14 to 1

Republican Nominee:
Bush: 1.88 to 1
Trump: 3.5 to 1
Scott Walker: 6 to 1
Marco Rubio: 6 to 1

Democratic Nominee
Hillary: .25 to 1
Sanders: 6 to 1
Biden: 8 to 1

I don't see Ted as having the chance this go around and I definitely don't see Christie. I agree with you pertaining to Dr. Carson not having "traction" or as I call it, "charisma" enough so he can shine more than the others on stage. Oh boy, I bet not only your friend is "fuming" but the whole state of NY is on fire!

Thanks for sharing!
Sweetbasil

Brad S said:
I like Cruz a lot. My first choice is Rand Paul. We face an epidemic of 8 years of statist judges that must be reversed, and too few of the republicans make this an issue. As for the Supreme Court, the next president should ask for the voluntary retirement of conservative justices and replace them with young strict constitutionalist justices - that may serve for 50 years.

Pragmatically speaking john Kasich and bush for vp almost guarantee a victory by delivering Ohio and Florida. I could support Kasich, but I like the crazies better

Hello Brad!

Thanks for sharing! I don't think the supreme justices will "voluntary" retire, even if there are drooling, they will still be glued to their seats. I don't understand why we need to have our supreme court justices be in office for that many years, because it keep us from bringing in new ideas. It could be an interesting strategy from a voting perspective to bring in Kasich and Bush into office, but the voters will have to be sold on that ticket, and I don't know how the majority feel about Bush.

Have a great weekend!
Sweetbasil

While I am enjoying "The Donald's" antics and Non PC talk I am not that comfortable with the thought of him as president. I'd be leaning towards a Teddy Cruz/ Scott Walker/ Carly F as a serious contender. Just my devalued Canadian 2 cents worth.

sweetbasil said:
Brad S said:

Hello Brad!

Thanks for sharing! I don't think the supreme justices will "voluntary" retire, even if there are drooling, they will still be glued to their seats. I don't understand why we need to have our supreme court justices be in office for that many years, because it keep us from bringing in new ideas. It could be an interesting strategy from a voting perspective to bring in Kasich and Bush into office, but the voters will have to be sold on that ticket, and I don't know how the majority feel about Bush.

Have a great weekend!
Sweetbasil

You might have intended something different from how Im understanding it, but new idea introduction as far as ruling on our Constitution is what's got us in trouble. The ideas and rules of how the country should function were well thought out 200 years ago. All new interpretations have been harmful. We need judges that can the English language and understand its meaning, without trying to change the definition of words.

Shall not infringe upon, is pretty obvious.

Big Muddy rancher said:
While I am enjoying "The Donald's" antics and Non PC talk I am not that comfortable with the thought of him as president. I'd be leaning towards a Teddy Cruz/ Scott Walker/ Carly F as a serious contender. Just my devalued Canadian 2 cents worth.

Hi "BMR!"
Your "devalue Canadian 2 cents" are welcome! I am not a fan of Scotty nor do I believe he will be a finalist for the nomination. I am enjoying to see the support for Ted among our Ranchers.net friends.

Have a great weekend!
Sweetbasil

sweetbasil said:
Big Muddy rancher said:

Hi "BMR!"
Your "devalue Canadian 2 cents" are welcome! I am not a fan of Scotty nor do I believe he will be a finalist for the nomination. I am enjoying to see the support for Ted among our Ranchers.net friends.

Have a great weekend!
Sweetbasil

I think I like Scott Walker's "Blue Collar" he really stood to his convictions dealing with his state issues whether right or wrong he took a stand and defended it.
What don't you like about him?

I've got a "Hillary for Prison 2016" bumper sticker. I might hold off a while before I get that in the mail to my friend in NY :wink: :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Greetings Everyone,
I had this "aha" moment as I was writing a million prayers and getting my prayer jars ready so I can pick my daily prayers out each day. Would it be possible for you to share what specifics changes do you feel are critical and good for America to stay competitive, prosperous, and continue to stand with strong Christian roots?

P.S. Your ideas could help me create a "Prayers for My Country" jar, so I can start praying for the candidate whose leadership could help us meet our needs.

Thanks!
Sweetbasil

sweetbasil said:
Greetings Everyone,
I had this "aha" moment as I was writing a million prayers and getting my prayer jars ready so I can pick my daily prayers out each day. Would it be possible for you to share what specifics changes do you feel are critical and good for America to stay competitive, prosperous, and continue to stand with strong Christian roots?

P.S. Your ideas could help me create a "Prayers for My Country" jar, so I can start praying for the candidate whose leadership could help us meet our needs.

Thanks!
Sweetbasil
I'll start. How about a president that will actually let persecuted Christians into the United States, and make an effort to stop them from being massively slaughtered in regions controlled by radical Islamists?

http://www.refiningtruth.com/immigration-muslim-preferred-christian-allowed/#.VeJkM_ZViko

Traveler said:
sweetbasil said:
Greetings Everyone,

Thanks!
Sweetbasil
I'll start. How about a president that will actually let persecuted Christians into the United States, and make an effort to stop them from being massively slaughtered in regions controlled by radical Islamists?

http://www.refiningtruth.com/immigration-muslim-preferred-christian-allowed/#.VeJkM_ZViko

Hello "Traveler!"

Thanks for sharing! This is definitely a great need and will make a great prayer! If you think of other needs, please share them!

Have a blissful Sunday!
Sweetbasil

Sweetbasil, good to have your comments on "Political Bull". There are so many candidates who sound good....now, if they will keep their word if/when they are in office!!! Realizing they often can't do what they want to do, but the thing which will make me most likely to vote for a person is if they support and make a serious attempt to follow our Consitution. Most of our problems can be pretty directly attributed to failure to do so, after all!

I wish Jeb B. had listened to his mother when she said she didn't think he should run. Not that there is that much wrong with him, but just the fact of having the 'dynasty' label attached will make him less able so serve well, if he were not inclined to be pretty much of a 'party line' if winning the office of President of the USA. That party line used to serve us well, but leaders have strayed way too far from Constitutional government......in both major parties, especially the Dems.

Re. farming: government involvement has been intended and pretty well succeeded in keeping food costs very low for consumers, far more than 'helping' farmers. Tho some have taken more than 'fair' advantage of programs to be very successful businessmen. Human nature, I guess. There seem to be lots of beginning farmer programs right now which I fear will set up young people in situations they cannot hope to succeed in without government assistance forever. The problem of not enough land for young farmers to enter is more due to high costs of entering the business than a lack of land, especially considering the average age of farmers now is in upper 50's or 60's and the trend of farmers to not retire, but to die on the job, so to speak, working hard well into old age, imo. If more land truly is the problem, a great solution would be to sell some of the government owned land. It would be better managed by private owners than by what federal standards have been in recent years, for sure!

The lack of willingness to work 'hard' , 'low paying' jobs and use welfare programs is very troubling. People shouldn't be allowed to do that if they are physically able to work. The end result will probably be more robotic machines doing the work, and ruining the job market for humans who have little training and poor attitudes for menial jobs. Starting at the bottom isn't a bad thing. If people work into better jobs, get more training, and even just show up regularly, on time, and prepared to work, and to learn more skills, life will get better. Granted, we need to have good management, honesty, and fair treatment of workers to make it all work out.

The myth of the streets of the USA being paved with gold seems to have been the cause of no small amount of our immigration problems, as too many people are gullible enough to believe that, and our generous welfare systems 'proves' it too some of them.

I'm still studying candidates, and am quite impressed with Carly, Ben, a couple of governors, mainly those who have ideas beyond 'party status quo' look worth considering. I think we need people with good business sense, honesty, and willingness to be less popular in order to restore our Constitutional laws.
mrj

SweetieB wrote; but with all respect, we do need immigrants to keep us functioning. For example, I don't see my child working as a maid cleaning hotels or being a picker. These are jobs not many people want to do because they are labor intensive.

I think it should be a requirement that everyone when young hold a menial, labor intensive job for a period of time. Even YOUR kids and mine. You might be surprised how it builds character and an appreciation for a job well done.

You sound like you think you're a step above everyone else.

Mike said:
SweetieB wrote; but with all respect, we do need immigrants to keep us functioning. For example, I don't see my child working as a maid cleaning hotels or being a picker. These are jobs not many people want to do because they are labor intensive.

I think it should be a requirement that everyone when young hold a menial, labor intensive job for a period of time. Even YOUR kids and mine. You might be surprised how it builds character and an appreciation for a job well done.

You sound like you think you're a step above everyone else.[/quo

Mike,
Hope you are having a blessed day. I am sorry if I am coming off on the wrong side to you, but I don't know what my children will want to do when they are able to hold a job and that was the reason I said " I don't see my child working as a maid cleaning hotels..." That statement doesn't say anything about whether I believe in a young kid having a minimum wage job much less on the benefit of working at a young age to build character. One thing I have learned at a very young age, is to truly respect others, and don't label them without being in their shoes. I am hoping that you will take a moment and "walk" in my shoes for a few minutes.

I know the value of holding minimum jobs at a young age; my first job was during the summer after my 6th grade at a local pizza place where I worked as a cashier. Since I couldn't drive and I didn't grew up with loving parents; the director of my summer school program arranged among his staff to pick me up on their way to school. I didn't have a ride back, so I would walked what it is about 5 miles from the school to the main Blvd to take the bus to get to my work after having being in summer school all day. Since I have been taught good work-ethic and I needed to survive, quitting has never been an option to me. I worked there for a while until I got fed up with the manager treatment of me. I would be picking up both phones taking to go orders and managing the cash register and doing the daily sales accounting for him. It was fast, and I did great even with my limited English skills at that time. There is no better feeling than having that manager begged you to come back, but my character was strong enough to see that I wasn't going to submit myself to a manager that didn't treat me in a dignified way.

My next job in high school was working at a local hospital in San Carlos, California as a kennel assistant. As you can imagine, I picked feces and cleaned up after my sick patients (animals), and I was proud of that. It was one of the most interesting jobs but most rewarding because I was appreciated by everyone there. I would get there after school to come and clean up, feed the animals, and start the laundry for the other person who working during the day. On Saturday, you could eat out of the floor in the back and I would get everything done and cleaned by 12:00 PM. The doctors wouldn't come in during the week to the back before I started working, but because I take pride in everything I do, I did my job well and offered them a cleaned place to come and eat and interact with the animals during their break. As they say, "if you have time to lean, you have time to clean" and I don't like to waste my time or my employer's resources on me, so they slowly also brought me in and gave me more responsibilities in the surgery room, which taught me appreciation for what Veterinarian's do. In the meantime, I was also a Police Cadet, volunteered at the local library and Kaiser Permanent, tutored classmates in math and Spanish, and for some reason, managed to take Advance Placement classes, so that I could push myself to learn the English language faster. It was through God's grace and strength that I was able to manage my time because I grew up so poor that I didn't have a bed of my own until I went to college, much less a computer to do the required work that was asked for the AP classes. So, I would be the type of student who will be meeting my teachers at 6:00 AM to ask if I could be allowed to type in my essays as it was required for them to be turned in typed.

I know what work ethic is and what builds character. I know what it is to "pay your dues'" and take personal accountability for everything I do and say. Despite not growing up with the parents that most kids have, I never allowed myself to become a victim of my own circumstances. I trusted faithfully in God and He was my Father, mentor, protector, and provider all of the years when a kid needs caring parents the most. I was sent off to college with a $5,000 scholarship by a miracle of God and a bike donated by two of my teachers. I remember those days at Chico State as a Freshmen when I would be riding my bike across town at 1:00 AM after having been in school (I took 4 classes each semester/quarter) and then working on my feet as a waitress all day long. There were nights that I would my feet were killing me, but the sense of worth that I got knowing that everything that I was doing was because of my work-ethic and the values that I have learned. I would not change anything if I could be born again, because through these trials, I have paid my dues, I have built character, and I have grown emotionally, spiritually, and few inches physically. At the end of the day, yes, it will not matter how hard I will push my kids to instill in them good values, work-ethic, faith, and respect for others; they will be their own individuals and I can only hope that they will work hard like I did and value hard-work by example. I am not like my parents, I am not like anyone else, and I am certainly not 'above anyone else' much less, inferior to anyone else. I am just another person trying her best to stay afloat, live this life in the most responsible way, and do the assignment that God assigned for me to do in this life as Ella.

Respectfully, if you still think 'I sound like I am a step above everyone else' you are entitled to your opinion and I respect it be it right or wrong.

May you have a wonderful week.
Sweetbasil

Well, personally I see my grandkids kids doing any job it takes to put groceries on the table. Just so they do their best is all that matters.

But I don't agree with needing immigrants, as you say, "to keep us functioning". Maybe a few wouldn't hurt but not to the point of taking over the electorate process.

I really didn't expect to hear a pile of I'm A Victim bs either, but it was enlightening.

Mike said:
Well, personally I see my grandkids kids doing any job it takes to put groceries on the table. Just so they do their best is all that matters.

But I don't agree with needing immigrants, as you say, "to keep us functioning". Maybe a few wouldn't hurt but not to the point of taking over the electorate process.

I really didn't expect to hear a pile of I'm A Victim bs either, but it was enlightening.

Hello Mike,
I never said or implied that we needed immigrants "to the point of taking over the electoral process." Your other statement, well, God just answered my prayer and gave me another person to pray for. Please note; when I created this post was with the sole intention of having a constructive debate and to learn about each other's political views, not to offend anyone or for things to be taken out of context.

We don't have the best internet and no TV, so everything I know, which isn't much, is what I read or hear on the radio. The one thing that makes Trump stand out and stand alone I think is the fact that I don't think he can be bought. If I understand correctly he is funding his own campaign and is running it with less than 20 people. The man could only have two ulterior motives, he could possibly split the vote by running as an independent allowing Hillary to be elected ( let's hope the man has a conscience ) or it could be a notch in his belt. He doesn't need the money or the glory, he is already at the top of his game. I think he is for real and he is calling it like he see's it, no matter who it might offend. I am not too sure that a President with some grit and enough spine to stand up for what he believes in and represent his country would be all that bad. I don't know if he is the man for the job but he sure has my attention.

Latest posts