• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Who would ?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Who would take thier Whole Family to NFR in Florida Vs just Adults to Vegas?

• 1. wouldn't go

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2. Sure a whole family trip

• 3. Stay home and mope

• Total voters
Count me out on a trip to Florida for the finals. Too far and too warm that time of year. I'd get there and wanta stay after the below zero days weve had the past month. :D

I hope they keep them in Vegas. And there are plenty of things to do as a family in sin city.

We have four young kids. That being said if I was to go to the nfr I would rather go to Vegas. People aren't going to take all their kids to the rodeo with the price of tickets so somebody is going to be with them anyway so it would be better if they were at home with grandma than in the hotel with her. If your main reason for the trip is the rodeo then have it in Vegas. If you want a family vacation then go to Disney world. After being out and about with the kids all day not to many are going to have the ambition to go to a rodeo. Or maybe that's just my kids! :shock: :lol:

3 M L & C
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:37 pm Post subject:
We have four young kids. That being said if I was to go to the nfr I would rather go to Vegas. People aren't going to take all their kids to the rodeo with the price of tickets so somebody is going to be with them anyway so it would be better if they were at home with grandma than in the hotel with her. If your main reason for the trip is the rodeo then have it in Vegas. If you want a family vacation then go to Disney world. After being out and about with the kids all day not to many are going to have the ambition to go to a rodeo. Or maybe that's just my kids! Shocked Laughing

:lol: Absolutely agreed. I have enough trouble containing my one kid at the local rodeo's let alone in Vegas. Don't think i can afford to go now, let alone take an entire family.

to visit our daughter in Yuma last year, we flew into vegas and drove..... the return trip, we decided to stay the night in Vegas with everyone, and fly out the next afternoon.

that night, we toured around the big pyramid, and the castle type hotel..... all was good for all ages..LOTS to see.
then we went out for a walk, saw the Hard rock Hotel and a few other things before we turned around and shoved the kids back inside.... my boys were 17 and 14 at the time.....and apparently looked like they needed a hooker, cause I took away 35 cards they got in a 4 block walk from the guys selling ass on the streets...

so kids can go to vegas, but parents need to be aware of where the heck you go !!!

Vegas is, what it is. Moving the Finals to Florida would be a mistake for a while for sure. Nevada gaming is hurting. By and large and the 10 days the cowboys come to town is great for Vegas. I am sure they don't want to loose the millions of dollars that are spent by those who flock there on a yearly basis. Money talks and BS walks so it will be interesting to see if this just a ploy by the PRCA to get interest back in the sport..

Count me out too. I've been going every year for years. And while I love my kids dearly it's nice to go with my wife and leave the kids with grandma for a few days a year. It's about the only vacation we get. While I'm not a big fan of all Vegas has to offer. I still have a pretty good time. Now I know there are good cowboys and rodeo fans east of the Mississippi, but in my opinion the NFR should be out west. What Vegas should do if they move it is put on a saddle bronc only event call it PSBR. That would be better than the rodeo anyways.

It has NOT been decided to move the NFR from Vegas....yet. FLA has offered more money than LVE, for now. What LVE isn't being upfront with is the incidental $200 million the NFR brings into town every year in what was historically the slowest month of the year in Vegas. Now December is the highest grossing month they have, thanks to the NFR.

The PRCA wants more money for the CONTESTANTS, so they will have the opportunity to be on an earning level with other major athletes. $25K/round win and $100K to win the average/event is the minimum they want. This year, the purses only increased 1.7%. That's not even keeping up with inflation.
LVE needs to pony up the dough, or it will bite them in the a$$ if the NFR moves elsewhere.

Would I go to Vegas? Yes.
Would I go to Florida? Nope.

I have plenty of mixed feelings about this. Everyone knows what LV is.....and that unsavory things can and do happen everywhere these days! Granted, sleaze isn't as openly visible in other places, but parents do need to be cautious and aggressively protective of their kids, including young adults, anywhere. If under-age, forced prostitution is happening to minor kids in SD, and it is, it is happening EVERYWHERE!

For the record, I haven't been to the rodeo in LV, but have enjoyed being there for other events, though my favorite 'down time' fun was the boat ride down the river a few years ago. I would really like to do that again. With exception of very few music talents, the entertainment isn't that much fun, IMO.

On the other hand, Walt Disney would have been a wonderful teacher of cattle handling, judging by the way crowds of humans (probably the most difficult to manage critters on earth!) are 'managed' at Disney World/Land. And, isn't the arena at LV a little small, or would a bigger one put people too far from the action?

I wonder where the 'politics' of the 'dust-up' between the contestants and the PRCA figures in this situation?

mrj

untill the score line is lenghtened for the cattle I will prolly never go.... Give me Cheyenne.. That's where they part the men from the boys, the cowboys from the the wannabees.....

katrina said:
untill the score line is lenghtened for the cattle I will prolly never go.... Give me Cheyenne.. That's where they part the men from the boys, the cowboys from the the wannabees.....

:? so there are boys and wannabees that qualify for the NFR? i doubt the score will never be lengthened in the Thomas & Mack or anywhere else if the finals move so i wouldn't buy your tickets just yet. :wink:

as for the NFR moving…i think Las Vegas will step up and match or top the current offers, they would be fools not too. the only thing that is for sure is that the board voted 6-3 to reject the bid. i wouldn't go to Florida to watch the NFR. NFR/Florida doesn't even sound right. the finals will stay in Vegas if they really want it. personally, i think that's where it will stay. but just to be safe, if you were ever planning to go to Vegas during the NFR, ya better do it next year.

Justin said:
katrina said:

:? so there are boys and wannabees that qualify for the NFR? i doubt the score will never be lengthened in the Thomas & Mack or anywhere else if the finals move so i wouldn't buy your tickets just yet. :wink:

as for the NFR moving…i think Las Vegas will step up and match or top the current offers, they would be fools not too. the only thing that is for sure is that the board voted 6-3 to reject the bid. i wouldn't go to Florida to watch the NFR. NFR/Florida doesn't even sound right. the finals will stay in Vegas if they really want it. personally, i think that's where it will stay. but just to be safe, if you were ever planning to go to Vegas during the NFR, ya better do it next year.

Yep- I agree... There are other arenas with as little of size and score... Years ago in traveling the Canadian winter rodeos- many were on ice rinks as small or smaller than the Thomas and Mack... And they put on RCA/CRCA approved rodeos plumb fine... And I saw some of the toughs the likes of Benny Reynolds, Larry Mahan, Chris LeDoux, Walt Linderman, Larry Jordan, J.C. Bonine, Marvin Joyce, etc. handle both ends of these little arena's with equal opportunity and no complaining...
You don't know what suckback on a bronc is, until you get on one that always takes a little run, in a hockey rink in Mankota, SK, Canada !! :shock:

I don't see the rodeo leaving Vegas. I don't think the PRCA board has lost their mind that much... Today- thru Church programs, luncheons, brand inspection meetings, a stop at the waterhole besides running around town- I talked to lots of folks that are regulars at the NFR, besides some that have been there and looking to go back-- and none said they would attend if its moved to Florida- no matter what kind of arena they provided...

Justin said:
katrina said:

No that's NOT what I'm saying.... I'll bet they came through cheyenne to qualify.... What I"m trying to say not very well is that the NFR finals is all show and no go.... Look at the team roping times.. Give me a break! :shock: I don't even care to watch it on tv.... Nope no tickets for me to the NFR... But I'll bet you can bet I have tickets to cheyenne. :D

Yeah they'll stay in Vegas and thats just fine.... Either way no skin off my ass.

katrina said:
Justin said:
katrina said:

No that's NOT what I'm saying.... I'll bet they came through cheyenne to qualify.... What I"m trying to say not very well is that the NFR finals is all show and no go.... Look at the team roping times.. Give me a break! :shock: I don't even care to watch it on tv.... Nope no tickets for me to the NFR... But I'll bet you can bet I have tickets to cheyenne. :D

Yeah they'll stay in Vegas and thats just fine.... Either way no skin off my ass.

:? all show and no go? it's the NFR! there are thousands upon thousand who come to watch it….it kinda needs to be a "show". and what do you mean by, no go? as for the TR, big, old steers like that are hard to rope in that type of setup..even for those guys. but they were the same for everyone, that's the important part.

Cheyenne Is hands down the best rodeo i have attended. The NFR is great too. But the Daddy of em' all is my favorite. I'd go every year if i could. I'd like to make it to Pendleton and Calgary someday too.

There are enough people at Anahim Lake and Bella Coola to do me for another year of rodeoing.
Don't you folks know that 3 or 400 is a big crowd to some? :lol:

Went to the CFR once. All in all, it was just another rodeo, complete with political BS and judges that wore coke bottle glasses during a few rides. When I quit competing the glamour died. We go now mostly to visit old friends we don't see elsewhere.

Just the logistics of transporting the stock has to be a interesting problem. Sparkies [J-J]horses have been gone for over 3 weeks and there is some big difference in temp's and weather between here and Vegas, think about Fla. in Dec and Calgary in Dec. If you noticed these northern horses were prety hairy and will be turned out the rest of the winter,no matter what the temp is or how deep the snow. I'm not interested in going to NFR anywhere as it is one of our busy times and besides to dam old to move good in crowds . I personlly think that Rodeo is finally comeing of age in this country and think Las Vegas has been a big part of it. I surely do not want Rodeo to rise to the level's of many of our other pro sports. Sure can see some definite differences and don't like the thought's of our good healthy young cowboys being handled and managed as a lot of the ballplayers. Saw Trevor Brazil and his wife on Fox and Imus this AM and was very proud of how they handled themselves and looked like all american ag people.Fielded a question about abuseing the livestock perfectly and did a masterfull job of explaining the real sport of rodeo.All this is another reason to kep our Rodeo Super Bowl somewhere in the west where it is appreciated properly.

Well...this is good news for me.

Seems if it comes to FL I won't have to worry about running into some of the trash from this site!!! ;-)

Sounds like a winner to me!!

kolanuraven said:
Well...this is good news for me.

Seems if it comes to FL I won't have to worry about running into some of the trash from this site!!! ;-)

Sounds like a winner to me!!

I see someone is a sweet Georgia peach this morning

Latest posts