• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Why Saskatchewan Deer Get BIG!!!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Northern Rancher

Reaction score
MoosominTrip006.jpg

Smart little critter huh.

That is actually 5 hours south of me-and I am allowed to hunt there-amazing what hunting on foot with a bow does for getting access. I was scouting for deer earlier this summer and caught that little mulie posing by that sign.

We have a power plant not far from my place. Its posted'No hunting!! The BIGGEST bucks you ever seen on that land. Smart Buggers NEVER set foot off that posted land. Us hunters just salivate every time we see one on the other side of that posted land :(

Hey NR..... a night shot??? and he's still standing??? :wink:There are some that are complaining about all the round bales being left out this year..... they say that they get in the way of their night "shots" :twisted:

Don't know what that old boy was thinking -I took some pics with my digital and they were too dark so I went and got van and shone the lights on him-nice old buck. I didn't find him last weekend with my pointy stick though.

Really nice buck, NR.
The fawn in the pic behind the no hunting sign should grow up well, have a nice roll of fat on it as long as it stays where it is.

sw wants to know, is that a 170, 180 buck (the one in velvet)? Really nice one, we'd love to have one of those on our wall! We were riding couple weeks ago to bring our 2 and 3 year olds home to calve, ran into 3 mule deer bucks, of course, sw didn't have his camera THAT day, but I would classify those as 180. They were absolutely AWESOME! Prob'ly won't see them again until hunting season is over with.

LastMoosominTrip070.jpg

I'm guessing this old boy would net 180 plus-not alot of deductions and real good main beam and mass. I shot a 184 last year and this guy looks as big or bigger. If sw ever wants to come out for an antler feast send him up. You literalyy can see deer horns from every room in our house and most of my friends too lol. Ty found some real good sheds this winter that measured 165 before spread.

IMG00069.jpg

Here is my little 137-6/8 I got last year. Not even close to your big boy, that is a mule deer right or not. All we have down here is White tail. Some good pics.

Not trying to be a sells man or nothing but here is a web site to look at. http://www.snapshotsniper.com/Index.htm This is a good friend of mine and I help him make these cameras all by hand. They are the best you can get.

That is a nice looking buck mudhen!

What does that sticker in the picture say about france?

Radar said:
That is a nice looking buck mudhen!

What does that sticker in the picture say about france?

Yeah Radar- I saw that too-- Unless my mind is just reading it the way it wants to I think it says "John Kerry for President OF FRANCE... :lol:

NR, what area do you go hunting at? We are in between PA and Saskatoon on Highway 11.

Latest posts