• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Why we need to stick together

Help Support Ranchers.net:

sw

Reaction score
This is an email sent to Steve Pilcher of the MSGA in response to his comments about the 9 wolves killed in Mt in the last month. This is exactly why we need to stop this constant bickering (ie Bull Session) and stick together as farmers and ranchers. We do not need to be fighting amongst ourselves or these people will put us all out of business.

You are taking more than '$500 - $600 out of the wolves billfolds' each week. YOU AND YOUR KIND ARE TAKING THEIR LIVES!!!!!!!!!

As a citizen of this nation, I want the small number of wolves that we have left to thrive and live as a protected species. I, personally couldn't care less if the cattle growers, who murder the cattle for profit, lose $500 - $600 a week due to the wolves. The lives of the wolves are worth far more than $500 - $600 each, they are priceless. The wolf is a true symbol of the American frontier. Why do you and your kind think that you have the right to further reduce the number of these beautiful animals that exist in our nation?!!

The wolves were free to roam in this land far before people took it over, polluted it and destroyed it. What makes you think that you and the "cattle growers," AKA 'cattle killers for profit,' have more of a right to the land than the animals that GOD put here?!!

What will this nation be like after you and your kind kill and eliminate every creature that gets in the way of your "oh so holy profit?!!' It will be a miserable, ungodly land to have to live in, and it will be thanks to people like you and the members of your 'association.'

You and your kind are truly evil. You see the creatures that God put on this land as nothing but profit for your pockets. You see the cattle as money, rather than the beautiful animals that God created. You see the wolves as a threat to your money, so you think that they are disposable. I am sure that God is looking sadly down on you people.

You people think, quite sadly and mistakenly, that you are gods and that you should decide which creatures get to live and which ones should die, all in the name of money, which you obviously think is a false God. You are breaking a commandment!

The wolf is a true symbol of the true American frontier and the beautiful land and wilderness that this nation once was. If the wolf is put into extinction in this nation at the hands of people like you and your 'stockgrowers association," which is really a 'stock-killers for profit association,' then you will have played a major role in destroying one of the last things of beauty left in this nation.

Who do you think that you are to take the wolf away from me? I want wolves to exist in my United States of America. You want to steal more than "$500 - $600 from my billfold," you want to steal the wolves from me and every other citizen of this country. Who do you think you are?!! You are not God!! You and your kind cannot decide which animals should be allowed to live and which animals should be murdered for your profit.

You see the creatures that God put on this land as nothing but money signs. Animals are living creatures, not sacks of flour or corn. Cows feel pain when you slit their throats for profit. The wolves feel pain when you shoot bullets into their bodies. I don't want animals to suffer so that you can make an extra dime.

I want wolves to exist in this United States of America!!! I don't want wolves to be needlessly murdered!!! Stop playing God!!!!

Mary Ptaszynski
New Jersey
[email protected]

who is the enemy of the wolf??

a cow man who fences in thousands of acres, basically not desturbing the natural environment, who occasionally kills a predator

or

a city planner who dozes in the entire ecosystem and puts up powerplants and suburbs totally rearranging the natural habitat

looks like the liberal tree hugging jerks ought to pull thier head out of their butts and see the world from a different view.

besides, the "frontier" is not in the dakotas any more....it is Mars!

I swear, some of those fools still think we are fighting the Indians out here!

Dear Mary Ptaszynski of New Jersey,

I read your comments, regarding your love for wolves, with great interest. I understand that they are more important to you than money is. I also understand that you would be interested in saving them from extinction.Since they are so important to you and money is no object, I am prepared to make you the following offer. I am confident that since God Himself is on your side in this matter , you will gladly accept my kind offer.
I have a pair of wolves hanging around my place. They have yet to bother my cattle but I have no doubt that they would not hesitate to take a calf or even a cow if the opportunity presented itself. They are ,after all, large dangerous predators... it is what they do for a living.
Rather than shooting them dead,before they interfere with MY making a living, I would be prepared to trap them, live and unharmed, and have them shipped, COD. of course, to your address in New Jersey, if you would be so kind as to provide it.
I know that ,since they are worth so much more than mere dollars to you, thay would be well fed and cared for, at your own personal expense. I would be happy that they are away from my cattle, and you could hold your head high knowing that you have done your part to protect these majestic creatures.

TimH. :wink: :wink: :roll:

greg said:
Tim if you didn't send it...do it then post her reply :D

Greg, No I didn't send it. I just posted that for a joke. But , now that you mention it, her e-mail address IS there.......
Maybe I will copy and send it to her. Might just get an interesting response but I would suspect that NO response would be more likely. I always find it amusing how most of these tree-hugger types back off when the cash is coming out of THEIR pockets.
I'll send it and post her response, if any. :D

One of the funniest things I ever saw was in the 'turdpond' bar in Buffalo,Wyoming-you Buffalo residants know the place. Anyway we'd just delivered a load of bulls and were tipping a few with my Wyoming buddies. Anyway the topic of our 'Canadian' wolves came up and this old boy started sounding off how our no good wolves had cost the Wyoming taxpayer like a 100 grand a piece. My buddy looked him in the eye told him we don't let our 'good' wolves go that cheap. Even the old boy had to laugh-we've got wolves all around us and were still ranching-i'd bet anything coyotes cause more losses than your wolves ever will.

TimH said:
greg said:
Tim if you didn't send it...do it then post her reply :D

Greg, No I didn't send it. I just posted that for a joke. But , now that you mention it, her e-mail address IS there.......
Maybe I will copy and send it to her. Might just get an interesting response but I would suspect that NO response would be more likely. I always find it amusing how most of these tree-hugger types back off when the cash is coming out of THEIR pockets.
I'll send it and post her response, if any. :D

Tim,

IMHO, I think you should send that letter to her (Mary), along with an ugly picture of a wolf bearing down on a cow made weak from repeated attacks (I'm sure you can find one on the web). She thinks we are killers...these people don't and won't see the whole picture. That is their main problem. Send it, you'll have me behind you. sw and his family have had to deal with wolves BIG TIME (their ranch is in ID). Ask him.

Hanta Yo

Maybe you should send her a pic of a wolf trotting off with a cocker spanial in his mouth-by the way a dead dog is the best wolf bait going-freeze him solid then stand him on the ice in a small lake-set your traps in a circle around him.

It would appear that Good Old Mary is declining my offer. She seems to care only about American wolves. I just didn't realize that wolves respected international boundaries. My mistake.... :roll:

Here is Mary's response-

To Tim H. of Manitoba, Canada:

First of all, I do not know why you are responding to a correspondence that I sent to Steve, unless he is either illiterate or cowardly.

I have no idea who you are or why you have taken it upon yourself to respond to my e-mail, unless you are quite full of yourself and mistakenly think that you are some person of importance.

I am a concerned American citizen addressing matters that are occurring in my nation. You labeled yourself as a resident of Manitoba, Canada. What do you have to do with matters that are occurring in my nation? I assume that you are some ranch worker up there in Canada?! Who are you and why are you responding to a correspondence that was electronically mailed to someone else?

I was quite entertained by the bizarre e-mail that you sent to me. It further demonstrated to me the mentality of people, like you, who murder defenseless animals for profit. THE COMMENTS AND IDEAS THAT YOU TRIED, UNSUCCESSFULLY, TO PUT FORTH IN YOUR E-MAIL ARE JUST PLAIN SILLY AND DEMONSTRATE YOUR COMPLETE IGNORANCE.

You are not even a citizen of my great nation, The United States of America, so why do you mistakenly think that the wolf-slaughtering matter that is occurring in my nation is any of your business, since you live up there in Canada?!!

If you want to raise living creatures and then murder them for money, that is, unfortunately, your prerogative under the law (I assume that what you are doing is legal up there in Canada - I am dealing with American law and you are not), but YOU HAVE TO ASSUME THE RISK AND THE DANGER THAT YOU HAVE PUT THE CATTLE IN BY FORCING THEM TO BE IN OPEN SPACES ON LAND WHERE WOLVES HAVE EXISTED FOR HUNDREDS OF YEARS SO THAT YOU CAN SLAUGHTER THEM FOR PROFIT IN THE FUTURE. NOW, YOU ALSO WANT TO SLAUGHTER THE WOLVES. YOU OBVIOUSLY DO NOT PLACE ANY VALUE ON LIFE. One moral crime leads to another, and to another, and so on. You cannot infringe on the land where wolves live and then just kill them to eliminate the problem that you, yourself, have created; that is evil and wrong!

So, again, why is a Canadian so-and-so that no one has ever heard of responding to e-mails that were sent to American citizens, regarding matters occurring in the United States of America?!!

I feel that I have already wasted enough time and wasted enough of my words on a ranch person like you, so I will just end it right here.

p.s. How many helpless animals have you murdered today?

End.
She sure TOLD me!!!! :wink:
BTW, Great idea Greg. Thanks a lot!!! Now Mary thinks I am a "so-and-so". I am crushed. :lol:

She must be one of those that thinks wolves, critters and such line up @ the borders to cross back and forth.

Should ask her what she ate for dinner? If she's a veg/vegan...well doesn't that cabbage have a soul also???

Guess she told you guys for sure.....that's funny!!

"Forcing Cattle to live in open spaces, where wolves live"....hmmmmm sounds like this woman thinks cows would prefer to live in barns.
Buffalo, native to this land never once have I seen one in a barn.

And since when do wolves carry bill folds with that kinda money in em?

Someone Cull this woman........quick LOL

I guess if ya did put buffalo in a barn...ya better look quick cause I'm betting it won't last long!!!

Apparently this woman is a city woman and could never understand or make it on a ranch/farm ANYWHERE..Canada or America!

But...scary thing is she's NOT the only one thinking like that. I don't hunt down predators just for fun...but if one of'em is on the hind leg of my cows/horses/dogs etc....it's gonna die.

Tim write her back and tell her their Canadian wolves we sent there :shock: :eek: :D Too Funny :!: Maybe we should ALL send her a letter :wink:

I think it'd be great if we all sent her a letter -- asking her what she eats -- even if she is a vegetarian, some "wild, expensive" animal probably was killed in trying to produce the product....or do veggies fall from the sky from God himself?

People like her irritate the heck outta me. But that's how naive some people are...and the more naive they are, the louder (and more uneducated) their talk becomes....

Would love to see her put out in the prairie amongst a pack of those "sweet defenseless" wolves and see what she thinks when they turn on her....will she be thinking of that $500-600 then?

Guess it takes all kinds to make the world go round huh... :roll:

To be honest I think the smart thing to do with her is just to ignore her-she's obviously not quite all there but sooner or later someone will send her a statement that will end up being turned against them. She's entitled to her opinion even though it's one none of us agree with. Quite frankly the overreaction to the wolves is a bit much-how many of you that are crying about them have (a) ever seen a wild wolf, (b) ever seen a wolf kill
(c) ever felt threatened by one in the wild-I'm talking first hand experience not my third cousin's uncle four states over lost his ranch and four kids to them-like I've said many times before there are thousands of cows and 100's of wolves up where we ranch and though there are some losses they aren't unmanageable. They might even make some ranchers some money if they run some elk off your hay meadows. To my knowledge there's only been one documented wolf attack in Saskatchewan on a human. I think replying to the lunatic fringe (Mary) just makes her think she has a valid point,

I was in a McDonalds in Livingston MT a few yrs back....a bunch of ranchers were in there..think it was sale day @ the local barn. Anyway, some folks from CA came in and picked up the local paper and there was a'wolf' story on the front page.

Well...long story short, it was quiet an entertaining floor show that erupted and got REALLY loud for a while as both sides expressed their feelings...I got out of there before the law arrived...but it was coming to that in a matter of minutes.

It is a hot button issue for sure.

I tend to agree with Northern Rancher about the wolves and dealing with people like Mary. We do need to stick together as their are many issuses that will affect the ranching indystry in North America. One of my beefs with R-Calf's devisive(sp) mandate.
I also wonder if these people that live "back east" realize that where they live had wolves as well. Maybe Central Park should be repopulated with wolves. :cowboy:

We do know we had wolves ( I'm in the Southeast) and guess what....they have reintroduced the wolf into parts of Western NC and also the elk...but not the smaller eastern elk that existed then...OH NO....they had to go and bring out elk from Idaho.
They are on a whole about 20% larger I think that the non existent eastern version!!! Just makes bigger holes in the fences!!!!

kolanuraven said:
We do know we had wolves ( I'm in the Southeast) and guess what....they have reintroduced the wolf into parts of Western NC and also the elk...but not the smaller eastern elk that existed then...OH NO....they had to go and bring out elk from Idaho.
They are on a whole about 20% larger I think that the non existent eastern version!!! Just makes bigger holes in the fences!!!!

ENJOY :cowboy:

Wait until afew people are killed from hitting them with their little cars.

Bmr,
your point about R-Calf is the reason that I posted that idiots email and I tend to agree, don't waste your tiime on those types cause we will never change their minds unless we could turn some of the wolves loose in Central Park. Unfortunately, these people back east with their good intentions have no clue as to what it is really like out here. The wolves are a big deal to them, mostly because they won that fight and they now think they can do more, something likt the Buffalo Commons comes to mind. :mad:

Latest posts