• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Wild cattle catchers needed in California!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Hey M's Nacona;
Who did you ride for on Devil's Garden or is that the area you're trying to find out about? Are you looking for some wild cattle to just run and rope to test your horses? Do your extreme adventure clients want to catch wild cattle or just shoot them? I'm not asking these questions to try to harm you, but rather to try and get a feel for what information you're exactly looking for so I can accutately answer your questions if in fact they're directed at me. Its kind of hard for me to tell just exactly whos talking to who on this site.
I am familiar with the Devils Garden country. When I was in that area though, the ranchers running up there did a pretty good job of gathering the country and there weren't any wild cattle up there.
I try to make a point of answering anyone's questions to me as long as they aren't asked with the intention of hurting me or unless the answer is just none of the asker's business.
Thanks
Wildcowcatcher

Hey cowcatcher,
You're the hombre I'm lookin' for, can you put me in touch with the Ranger and range that these wild ones are runnin' in. I live on the sierra/cascade divide in northern California and happen to be in the market for a bunch of big slicks.
Thanks,
Nacona

Hey AZ thanks for the message I've been as busy as a one legged tap dancer. But tellin' the truth I kinda enjoy chattin' with you fellas. I was'nt talkin' bout your spread or your Grandpappy, I was talking to all them fellas that were sayin' how genteel real ranchers are. 2 answers for 2 questions, 1. I rode with the Flakes in Monitor Valley NV. I probably ain't fully recovered from dealing with Ray and Merlin so forgive me if my answer has been flakey. 2. I rode the Devil's Garden and as far as I could tell we purty near brought everything home. We almost buried some durn fine horses while doin' it. As to my methods that depends alot on what the g-men require, if they want live count I can do'er but if your wantin' wrapped beef I got wrapped beef for sale. From my experience with 3-4 year old slicks if you dog 'em hard they'll turn back hard on you. That's when even a mediocre roper gets serious. But the bad news is they over heat and end up runnin' with the Devil's herd anyway. So my preference is to give catchin' a whirl or 3 then consider workin' quiet from 50 to 100 yards to avoid adreniline in the wrappin'. Most of the big slicks I've handled somebody forgot to dehorn so you need a quick thinking nimble pony. I've seen a 2 year old brahma bull slick that could clear a 6 foot panel with a 2 step start purty as a jumpin' horse on the TV. As far as peta types go if there is 1 that could make the ride to ground zero I'd be mighty honored to buy 'em a coffee and see if the blood sweat and tears had changed their thoughts one iota. Last thought is rumers say the wildys in question are in the some of the remotest country left in America, Far northern california between I-5 and the coastal range and by Mt. dome in the shasta wilderness either way it's mean as h3ll. I kinda like both places and neither is to far from me but far enough to be a stranger. I understand enough about politics to know the difference between what a Ranger says and what he don't say, sometimes the gray area is mighty wide.
Nacona

Nacona, I have deleted the the e-mail with information. I gave all info at the time to Gary Williams. He said he was gonna contact Ranger for details. Have't heard anymore.

Thanks cowcatcher,
I'll try him. I think he's on this thing? I could also give you the ranger districts and we'll see if one rings a bell. While it's been full of ups and downs I'm thinkin' this journey may have enough facts in it, to be worth the ride. I'll look back for the Gents you sent the stuff to. Now that you fellas have settled, I'm gettin kinda bored let's talk about hay prices, that should put some fire back in it for all of us.
Nacona

cowcatcher said:
Wow! The power of the world wide web. I got an email from a ranger in California looking for someone to catch and REMOVE about 100 head of wild cattle from forest rangeland. Thought it was a joke to start with but is legit. Job is in very remote location and would be for someone that knows what they are doing. I of course am on the other side of the country and my private jet is in the shop. Ha ha. I emailed the ranger back and told him if I heard of anyone closer I would let him know. Any takers? Let me know. Would be alot of WORK but for us that like wild cow catchin' it can be alot of fun too. Paul

Hey men be damb carefull, got budy setting in jail right now for deal real close to this. Honest fellow known him for years, just thought he was earnin a wage. Turns out he was stealing, no to way around it make them sighn a contract or somehting. Take care.

Where's those wild cattle?Me and some buddies might be interested in a little pay day!Gather those suckers and haul em' straight to auction! :lol: But like someone mentioned before,you don't want to be rounding up some poor guys cattle from an allotment the government is kicking him off!!Makes for real hard feelings!!Seriously though were is it located?!And is it legit?

Latest posts