• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Will Embarrassing the President Make Us Safer?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

kolanuraven said:
WHSH...the reason probably that your granparents success is brought up in such a spiteful way is that these people are jealous of your family's success. I don't have a clue who you really are but a lot of these folks seem to know you.

They keep making snotty remarks about show cattle/steers etc knowing full well that if it were not for the show circuits and the people who work them, these folks would not have those ' soggy" calves to brag about as the better genetics would go unknown to most of these yahoo's. ( Some one pleeeeeeaaase tell me where in the hell ' soggy' came from and what it means???)

And my final point is that they can't stay on point because they take that time for making snide remarks !!!

Damn, damn, double damn, hell....I bet TeXan is gonna want me to move this to Ranch Talk!!!! :roll: :roll:

I appreciate what your trying to convey but in all reality they don't know me anymore than I know you. They are so use to latching on the attack dog talking points that they hear daily from their AM Talk heros and try to idolize them by tearing people down without the hint of a fact. They probably think they know me because they are going through all the western South Dakota democrats they can think of. I don't vote down party lines but that in itself makes me an enemy of the right wing cartel.

nonothing said:
aplusmnt said:
Work Hard and Study Hard said:
Loose me? I think you meant lose but the term you chose is fitting of you. I thought this was easy to comprehend but you really are a complete idiot. feeding a herd that needs 10 bales per day 3 will result in most of the cattle dieing of hunger, feeding them 4 will only prolong the death. Just like in Iraq sending 20,000 troops will just prolong the war and the losing outcome will be the same. I don't know if you and your friends think it's funny but we buried our last grandfather 5 years ago, frankly i'm puzzled how my grandparents who had been out of the cattle business for 20 years somehow find their way into biting attacks at myself. It's rude, and below the belt and I expect an apology. I'm sure they both saw the cows were fed and are well taken care of.

By the way:

"What kind of cattleman are you that you would only feed 2 or 3 bales of hay when they need 10?"

Thanks for making my point on Iraq.

Quite the Drama queen aren't we? I have no idea if or when your grandfather died. Point is you make a comment that I should find some other message board because my children show calves (which still makes no sense to me). That is about the stupidest thing I have ever heard anyone say on here.

Point about your grandfather is someone made reference that you run some other family members cattle for them not those that you bought yourself. Rather that is true I do not care because I am not the one telling you to go find some other message board.

Cowboy up and quit being such a baby, my grandfather died less than 5 years ago and I am not some girly man about it!

And before calling me an idiot you should give some thought to how stupid it is to assume that 20,000 more troops would not help save lives of the existing troops in Iraq. Please explain how more will die just because more are there? Does it not make sense to you that more rest, less missions, more back up, more containment could actually help save the lives of those troops in the field currently? Could not one more tank being in a fight help save lives of those fighting the battle? Would not maybe one more helicopter with Missile's maybe help save more ground soldiers?

You are mixing your feelings of rather we should be there in the first place with reason of rather more back up can actually help the current soldiers.

I doubt many soldiers in battle when faced with the enemy ever said please do not send us more help we do not want more soldiers to die!

Aplus you call him a girly man? ......Why not take your own advice and walk your talk.....I am sure the troops could use a good cook like you or janitor in Iraq supporting them,since your to p***y to walk your talk.They may find you a non combat job there.You also try to demean peoples lifes here,yet you wont walk your own talk...Your the one writing the hate and screaming to kill all muslims,yet you do nothing but sit at home.Letting young men and women fight for you as you eat your dinner in a warm safe place..Then you come on here and tell others to man up....Are you Joking?You are the last person on here that should call anyone a girly man,unless of course,you are looking into a mirror..........YA,YA,A,I know you think I should worry about Canada,no need to repeat for the 1000 time,just cause your at a loss for words.

PS...YA,YA,YA I know you support the troops...I am sure you turn in to fox tv everynight,as you enjoy a nice bowl of icecream as you sit and watch the nights war footage,all the while telling yourself that you are supporting the troops from your comfy couch ...

lmao, you sure are a feisty one aren't you. :lol: I wish I had that beat a dead horse Emoticon of Jigs for you. :lol:

Only thing more pathetic than having your lame argument is the fact you keep using it over and over again. :roll:

And once again I am done arguing with you over an issue, you bore me and do not challenge me to think on any issue. My time would be better spent watching the news about Anna Nicole or Brittany Spears, because the depth you bring to such an important issue as the Iraq war and the fight we have with Radical Muslims is about as deep as the issues them Hollywood girls face!

You should have more time now to watch MTV, ET or whatever other T's it is you watch Dude! Because we know that is the way you roll. :lol: :lol:

kolanuraven said:
WHSH...the reason probably that your granparents success is brought up in such a spiteful way is that these people are jealous of your family's success. I don't have a clue who you really are but a lot of these folks seem to know you.

They keep making snotty remarks about show cattle/steers etc knowing full well that if it were not for the show circuits and the people who work them, these folks would not have those ' soggy" calves to brag about as the better genetics would go unknown to most of these yahoo's. ( Some one pleeeeeeaaase tell me where in the hell ' soggy' came from and what it means???)

And my final point is that they can't stay on point because they take that time for making snide remarks !!!

Damn, damn, double damn, hell....I bet TeXan is gonna want me to move this to Ranch Talk!!!! :roll: :roll:

I appreciate what your trying to convey but in all reality they don't know me anymore than I know you. They are so use to latching on the attack dog talking points that they hear daily from their AM Talk heros and try to idolize them by tearing people down without the hint of a fact. They probably think they know me because they are going through all the western South Dakota democrats they can think of. I don't vote down party lines but that in itself makes me an enemy of the right wing cartel.
You two are so sweet and innocent, I don't see how anyone could be naughty to you little darlings.

Cal said:
kolanuraven said:

You two are so sweet and innocent, I don't see how anyone could be naughty to you little darlings.

I know, I only want the best for you to Cal.

Cal said:
kolanuraven said:

:lol: :lol:

sog·gy /ˈsɒgi/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[sog-ee] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–adjective, -gi·er, -gi·est. 1. soaked; thoroughly wet; sodden.
2. damp and heavy, as poorly baked bread.
3. spiritless, heavy, dull, or stupid: a soggy novel.

This word might fit your cattle....not mine.

Some stupid ' buzz word' that someone came up with while drinkin' and lying to some buddies meanwhile he was trying to sell them his slow and dull witted cattle no doubt!

If you know cattle, you also know that this is a word not used by the folks who play with real money!

Enough...this is done. I'll put it on Ranch Talk also so I won't get yelled @ by Miss TeXas!

kolanuraven said:
If you know cattle, you also know that this is a word not used by the folks who play with real money!
You're wrong. Soggy is a word not used by those people who "think" that they know cattle and try to pass off those tight gutted , nonpreforming, hard looking, cattle. What would you know about real money anyway. Real money is grocery money. Money the real cattle world uses to pay off notes, buy more stock, make improvements on the place etc. Real money is not Armand Hammers money.

Old Webster probably never worked a cow or saw a "soggy" calf....

Quite a few western terms and words don't show up in the dictionary...

kolanuraven said:
sog·gy /ˈsɒgi/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[sog-ee] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

Some stupid ' buzz word' that someone came up with while drinkin' and lying to some buddies meanwhile he was trying to sell them his slow and dull witted cattle no doubt!

Enough...this is done. I'll put it on Ranch Talk also so I won't get yelled @ by Miss TeXas!

This is from "The Cattleman's Guide to Feedlot Lingo"
http://www.ag.ndsu.edu/pubs/ansci/beef/as1161w.htm

Soggy Cattle: Cattle from a backgrounding or growing operation which are fleshy or overly conditioned. (Opposite of Green Cattle)

Soapweed said:
kolanuraven said:
sog·gy /'s?gi/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[sog-ee] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

This is from "The Cattleman's Guide to Feedlot Lingo"
http://www.ag.ndsu.edu/pubs/ansci/beef/as1161w.htm

Soggy Cattle: Cattle from a backgrounding or growing operation which are fleshy or overly conditioned. (Opposite of Green Cattle)

Learn something new every day. I always thought it was a livestock Judging term judges used when describing a Deep bodied calf. Never realized it related to their conditioning.

Glad to hear there are others out there that consider "SOGGY" cattle to be a compliment. Was afraid I might have to tell a whole bunch of folks around here that it was an insult to call cattle SOGGY!
Guess it must be a local thing for some to think it is an insult, but a friend of mine who runs cattle in the southern states says it all the time and another who live out west does too.

quickdraw said:
Glad to hear there are others out there that consider "SOGGY" cattle to be a compliment. Was afraid I might have to tell a whole bunch of folks around here that it was an insult to call cattle SOGGY!
Guess it must be a local thing for some to think it is an insult, but a friend of mine who runs cattle in the southern states says it all the time and another who live out west does too.

Yep--I'm just happy as a pig in mud when someone tells me my calves are soggy looking...

Oldtimer said:
quickdraw said:

Yep--I'm just happy as a pig in mud when someone tells me my calves are soggy looking...
Me too , and I know what they mean by it.

kolanuraven said:
( Some one pleeeeeeaaase tell me where in the hell ' soggy' came from and what it means???)
Damn, damn, double damn, hell....

Texan said:
Frankk said:
Is putting the wounded in building eighteen and then claim they caused the rats and roaches supporting the troops?
Frank, I saw that on the news last night about Building 18. This is an issue that we can ALL surely agree on. It is despicable to think that our wounded service people would be stashed away in a place like that.

They deserve a first class place with somebody to wait on them hand and foot. They deserve the very BEST that this country can provide for them. They DON'T deserve that dump. :mad:

I found it remarkable that everyone says they support the troops but something like this has gone on for some time now unnoticed. There was recently a center for the intrepid opened in Texas. It appeared like a state of the art facility maybe that will help.

Frankk said:
I found it remarkable that everyone says they support the troops but something like this has gone on for some time now unnoticed. There was recently a center for the intrepid opened in Texas. It appeared like a state of the art facility maybe that will help.
I've been trying to keep up with the story a little bit and it seems the SecDef took a look at it today. Maybe that will do some good. I think they said that nobody had offered to resign yet - if I was Gates they never would have had a chance to resign.

The Texas deal looks really, really impressive from the news accounts I have seen - as it should. Those guys deserve the very best that this country can give them. Period.

Click onto the link below and take a few minutes to browse the website for the Intrepid center down in San Antonio, Texas. It looks to be a wonderful operation; and its just too bad that the needs of all those wounded vets have been largely ignored by the feds for so long, to the extent that this private citizens funded organization and facility was needed.

http://www.fallenheroesfund.org/fallenheroes/about/item.php?id=1

kolanuraven said:
...if it were not for the show circuits and the people who work them, these folks would not have those ' soggy" calves to brag about as the better genetics would go unknown to most of these yahoo's.
WTF are you smoking? Believe it or not, we would still have a viable cattle industry in this country without the show crowd. Sometimes you people forget who drives this train.

kolanuraven said:
Wrong! Soon as you started that show circuit BS, I knew that you had it posted in the right place. It fits in Political Bull a lot better than it does Ranch Talk.

Latest posts