• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Will the Border be Blockaded?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Big Muddy rancher said:
Will R-CALF obey the law or will their be border blockades . If their is vandalism to Canadian trucks will R-CALF publily denounce these actions.

One way to find out :)

From what I have read the "rules and regs" for coming south with cattle are equal to a "blockade".

BMR,

Last time i checked the grills on those big Bull haulers are big enough to smash through a group of R-calfers. Just one problem not sure If Id want $%&T like that on my truck!! :lol: :lol:

Mike said:
From what I have read the "rules and regs" for coming south with cattle are equal to a "blockade".

While the rules for importing Canadian cattle will add to the costs, I imagine that US feedlots are eager to get their hands on those feeders. The main effect will be to keep the Canadian packers more competitive than their US counterparts, as they won't have to pay the extra costs of crossing the border.
I don't see Canadian ranchers getting much of a price increase, as the Tyson and Cargil palnts in Alberta will want to keep their criminal margins, and the US buyers will have to discount the price they're willing to pay by the costs of import.
As far as having r-culters blockading the border, who cares. They would just be demonstrating their ignorance and disregard for the rule of law, again.

Mike said:

They will come south without incident. Those producers shipping south are fully prepared to operate within the designated protocol. Most cattle in the set aside program have already been marked and numbered.

agman said:
Mike said:

They will come south without incident. Those producers shipping south are fully prepared to operate within the designated protocol. Most cattle in the set aside program have already been marked and numbered.

I'm sure you are right Agman- their will be no blockades... Most R-CALF members realize that this is only one battle in a longtime war concerning imports and exports, trade agreements, and the governments lack of action concerning identifying imported foods and taking the measures they are mandated to do to protect consumers and producers......

If prices take a nosedive, without a quick recovery --NCBA will again be a big loser and R-CALF will take up more of the representation of the cattle producers........

[/quote]If prices take a nosedive, without a quick recovery --NCBA will again be a big loser and R-CALF will take up more of the representation of the cattle producers........
If not then R-Calf USA will fade into oblivion as another radical fringe group who's time has come and gone........

Redriver said:
I don't see Canadian ranchers getting much of a price increase, as the Tyson and Cargil palnts in Alberta will want to keep their criminal margins, and the US buyers will have to discount the price they're willing to pay by the costs of import.

Fats here have already gained 5-7 cents. Price before the ruling was overturned was 87.50.

US price of 80 cents is about 96 to a buck here depending on the dollar, less 5-8 cents for freight. We should see another 2-5 cents added to our fat price this coming week.

Big Muddy rancher said:
Will R-CALF obey the law or will their be border blockades . If their is vandalism to Canadian trucks will R-CALF publily denounce these actions.

Actually, we are recruiting Canadian steers to be suicide bombers. We are telling them that if they become a Moohadin and take one on the chin in this life for Mooallah, in the next life they will each have a circle of alfalfa, 100 heifers of various breeds, and their testicles back.

We have yet to see an 87 cent fat. :shock: Can't even remember what that is, it's been so long.

Manitoba cattle are basically still in the 70's. Apparently, with some strength at the end of the week some hit 83, but who knows how many. Maybe only a couple, enough to make a good report for the radio. :?

We were hurt way more than Alberta in all this, because most of our fats used to go south or east. How come this is the only business on the planet where the seller pays the freight? Anybody ordered anything from far away lately? I bet the seller didn't absorb the shipping cost.

Sandhusker said:
Big Muddy rancher said:

Actually, we are recruiting Canadian steers to be suicide bombers. We are telling them that if they become a Moohadin and take one on the chin in this life for Mooallah, in the next life they will each have a circle of alfalfa, 100 heifers of various breeds, and their testicles back.
:lol: :lol: :roll: :shock: :D :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Correction, only a pig could be a sooeycide bomber. :wink:

Oldtimer said:
agman said:
Mike said:

I'm sure you are right Agman- their will be no blockades... Most R-CALF members realize that this is only one battle in a longtime war concerning imports and exports, trade agreements, and the governments lack of action concerning identifying imported foods and taking the measures they are mandated to do to protect consumers and producers......

If prices take a nosedive, without a quick recovery --NCBA will again be a big loser and R-CALF will take up more of the representation of the cattle producers........

I am certain people such as yourself will blame any price decline on imports just as you credited, incorrectly so, the price advance on the closed border. Fed cattle prices peaked at $94 this year and have declined to $80 this past week. This happened while the border was closed. BTW, beef cutout values which is what the packer receives, have declined from $165 ot $132 during the same period. Fed cattle breakeven are from $85-$95 so fed cattle producers at now losing from $50-$150 per head. To think this type of a loss will not result in lower feeder and calf price is naive to say the least. Beef production is set to increase after declining for 2.5 years. Production up-prices down or supply and demand at work. Unfortunately that is beyond your scope of comprehension. How many months of lead time have I provided readers on this forum about the changing or declining demand structures impact on beef. Did you pay attention to the warning? I expect you just thought as long as the border is closed price will stay up or advance. The border closure, as I stated many times, had only a minimal positive impact of prices received in this country. The trend in domestic production and domestic demand were the dominant factors causing the higher prices.

I expect you will continue to ride a lossing horse by continually being misinformed on the facts. That is no surprise coming from you, as well connected legally and politically as you are!! Keep throwing your money at a leaderless and worthless orgainzation - R-Calf.

agman said:
Oldtimer said:
agman said:

I am certain people such as yourself will blame any price decline on imports just as you credited, incorrectly so, the price advance on the closed border. Fed cattle prices peaked at $94 this year and have declined to $80 this past week. This happened while the border was closed. BTW, beef cutout values which is what the packer receives, have declined from $165 ot $132 during the same period. Fed cattle breakeven are from $85-$95 so fed cattle producers at now losing from $50-$150 per head. To think this type of a loss will not result in lower feeder and calf price is naive to say the least. Beef production is set to increase after declining for 2.5 years. Production up-prices down or supply and demand at work. Unfortunately that is beyond your scope of comprehension. How many months of lead time have I provided readers on this forum about the changing or declining demand structures impact on beef. Did you pay attention to the warning? I expect you just thought as long as the border is closed price will stay up or advance. The border closure, as I stated many times, had only a minimal positive impact of prices received in this country. The trend in domestic production and domestic demand were the dominant factors causing the higher prices.

I expect you will continue to ride a lossing horse by continually being misinformed on the facts. That is no surprise coming from you, as well connected legally and politically as you are!! Keep throwing your money at a leaderless and worthless orgainzation - R-Calf.

Agman- It won't matter if you predicted it or not- won't matter what the reason is the prices fall--many producers have seen how much of an effect the Canadian cattle impact the US cattle prices...NCBA has made promises of the Japanese, Asian Rim, and worldwide trade reopening "IF" we open up to Canadian cattle-- along with the presumption that this global trade will create a cattle price boom...I don't see either happening- and definitely not soon enough to not negatively affect NCBA....

But people will remember how good prices were while the border was open--That is a tangible they can see and touch (cash in hand)- not only the producers, but the businessmen that depend on good Ag prices and Ag economy to survive- those that actually in the last couple years finally sold new trucks, equipment and machinery for the first time in years...."IF" the border opens and stays open- and cattle prices keep dropping and remain depressed for any period you will see R-CALF's numbers and backing increasing at two fold the rate they have been.....

OT,

What good will that be to increase the R-calf members if you can't win a court case to keep our cattle out? There will not be as many live cattle moving south as there was before the border closed so why worry so hard?

I remember seeing pictures of a border blockade at Sweet Grass. The Americans were using a Versitile tractor with a Degelman dozer on it to stop the trucks. Again a display of how short sighted they were using equipment made in Canada to stop cattle trucks going south.

Big Muddy rancher said:
I remember seeing pictures of a border blockade at Sweet Grass. The Americans were using a Versitile tractor with a Degelman dozer on it to stop the trucks. Again a display of how short sighted they were using equipment made in Canada to stop cattle trucks going south.

I don't imagine many US farmers would know that a lot of their machinery is made in Canada, they just assume it's american. Just a general lack of knowledge down there.

redriver said:
Big Muddy rancher said:

I don't imagine many US farmers would know that a lot of their machinery is made in Canada, they just assume it's american. Just a general lack of knowledge down there.
Hey Bedwetter!
While you are imagining.....imagine this.......my boot about ankle deep in your ass!
Oh....feelsth good eh?

Latest posts