• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Winter 2011-2012

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

The first early winter forecast I've seen.. Predicting another La Nina winter altho a lot weaker one...At least my area (NE MT) is in the normal area and not the heavy snow area which they show going around us in the pattern...

I sure hope they are right with their normal winter prediction for here - and wouldn't even mind a real "mild" normal....
At least not the first snow in mid Sept like last year...

http://www.accuweather.com/blogs/meteomadness/story/53551/snow-forecast-for-the-winter-of-20112012.asp

These folks were about right on for our area last year with their early predictions for a strong La Nina and tough winter....Altho I think they surprised even themselves with our record breaking winter from Hell...
http://5barx.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=4826

Some of the old wheat farmers are predicting a tough winter- their reasoning being "so many turtles on the roads"...Now that is a new one to me!!! :shock: :???:
90 Days past the fog indicates we should get a major moisture event around Nov 4th (right when everyone is working cattle/shipping calves)...

I think we are in for another hard mean winter. I was out checking cows the other night and saw deer already changing colors the acorn and berry tree are as full as I can ever remember. And to beet all that the last two mornings have been around 40 degrees winter is just around the corner I am afraid :mad:

All I can say is "BRING IT ON, BABY!!!!!"

50 days in a row over 100, 70 total days for the year so far...

I'm ready for some WINTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nortexsook said:
All I can say is "BRING IT ON, BABY!!!!!"

50 days in a row over 100, 70 total days for the year so far...

I'm ready for some WINTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:agree: no kidding, this is wearing a bit thin, just a bit of green showing here now. 1.80" for the season in moisture, since last August.

Latest posts