• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

winter has arrived

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Hayguy

Reaction score
-20C with a 35K N.W. wind blowing snow I'll tell you what, it's winter out there. no relief in sight for at least a week. have had 2months to get ready though. bottom bale trailer parked by a fence line feeder, wood trailer full and parked by the back door, round bale feeders full, shouldn't have to start anything for a week anyways, reloading bench here i come :lol: :lol:

Same thing here, north wind started blowing yesterday and the temp started dropping. -21C this morning, although the wind seems to have died down. Supposed to get down to lows into the -30's over the next week. Which is just fine if the wind isn't blowing and the sun is shining. Guess we'll see how it goes, as I don't think we'll have much say in the matter :D

We got a taste of it again too. Got down to -19C/2 below F here last night but only a light breeze and a few inches of snow. But at least the mud is gone again.

Until tomorrow when it's to rain AGAIN!!! :shock:

Temp 27 here this morning- but dropping- and the wind is howling as the Canadian cold front moves in...Supposed to be 5 Below tonight- and could be 15 below tomorrow night and for the next few days...

A Pacific front moving in off the coast is predicted to bring us some snow too... Weather boys are saying a chance of snow all week long...

But the long range for us is predicting a warm up by next weekend- and the following week temps back in the 20's-30's... I hope they are right- as this mild weather has sure been easy on the haystacks...

Miserable for sure but the cows are still doing what they do best. Snow stopped, wind or not they headed back out.
Jan2012305.jpg

We are in Buffalo, Wyoming and it's sure a different world out there
today from yesterday. Snow on the ground and 15 degrees. No wind.

Planning to go back to Mt. to load hay trucks on Wednesday...not
sure what will happen as it is supposed to be a high of only 7 there.

Warmed up to -30C from -35 last night. Slight breeze and fine snow in the air.

Will be nice if our expectant cow holds off a few more days. :roll:

-30 here also gcreek. Looks like it's going to settle in for the week at least. Oh well, there's only about 60 or 70 sleeps til we can expect things to start thinking we're close to spring!

It was just a matter of time, hope it dont get too bad up there and it dont get too far south, still dry down here temps 60's and 70's F.
good luck

hayguy said:
-20C with a 35K N.W. wind blowing snow I'll tell you what, it's winter out there. no relief in sight for at least a week. have had 2months to get ready though. bottom bale trailer parked by a fence line feeder, wood trailer full and parked by the back door, round bale feeders full, shouldn't have to start anything for a week anyways, reloading bench here i come :lol: :lol:

Sounds like perfect weather for the bench, I really never got into reloading anything except shotgun shells, had a good time with the multi loader.
good luck

10 Below here this morning...
Still 2 Below at noon- but the sun is out- barely any wind and the old cows are out grazing or standing around soaking up the sun...
Temps are supposed to be back up in the 20's by Friday- and near 30 by the weekend... Weatherguessers are unsure where the heavier snow is going to go- saying anywhere from 2" to a foot in some places that may hit us around Thursday...

was 3 degrees (farenheit) this morning when i woke to get riley to school....wind was howling and had a nice blanket of snow on the ground!! hmmm...mother nature playing tricks on us or is the weather man actually gonna be spot on this time?? calling for snow all week!! :roll:

Minus six degrees Fahrenheit here at the moment, with a three mile per hour breeze and four inches of new snow. It could be much worse, but this is still just about the coldest and most winterlike weather we've had so far this season.

Hayguy do you need any brass-I've got some kicking aroung gave about a 1,000 away a couple years back. I know it's crazy but I'm a bit paranoid about handloads-watching a 210 double drop tine mulie stroll across the trail while i tried to unstick a jam might have something to do with it lol. My buddy killed him so that's how come I know what he scored. I got a nice 175 the next day but he wasn't the Muy Grande.

That's one contest I am happy to lose with our rather mild -32. For those of you who say it doesn't matter after -40, think again, -40 is cold, -50 is really cold.

Latest posts