• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Winter storm headed our way!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Manitoba_Rancher

Reaction score
Theres a winter storm brewing and heading our way. Looks like we could get quite a bit of snow. We don't really need it but after the drought 2 years ago we will take it. It will just be hard on the newborn's if they wonder out of the shed.

AN ALBERTA CLIPPER WILL DEVELOP OVER NORTHERN ALBERTA THIS EVENING THEN TRACK SOUTHEASTWARD ACROSS SOUTHERN MANITOBA ON SUNDAY. A FEW SHOWERS OF RAIN OR FREEZING RAIN WILL DEVELOP AHEAD OF THE SYSTEM, THEN TURN TO SNOW SUNDAY MORNING. THE SYSTEM IS EXPECTED TO GIVE 5 TO 10 CENTIMETRES OF SNOW WITH THE HIGHEST AMOUNTS OVER WESTERN AREAS, ESPECIALLY IN THE HIGHER TERRAIN OF THE RIDING AND DUCK MOUNTAINS.

THERE MAY ALSO BE SOME BLOWING SNOW ALONG WITH THE SNOW GIVING VISIBILITIES LESS THAN 1 KILOMETRE AT TIMES, HOWEVER THESE POOR VISIBILITIES ARE NOT EXPECTED TO LAST MORE THAN THREE HOURS AT ANY ONE LOCALITY. CONDITIONS WILL START TO IMPROVE SUNDAY EVENING IN MOST AREAS.

THE ABOVE WARNING REGIONS MAY BE ALTERED SLIGHTLY AS THE SYSTEM GETS CLOSER TO MANITOBA AND ITS TRACK BECOMES MORE CLEAR. PERSONS PLANNING TO TRAVEL ON SUNDAY SHOULD BE PREPARED FOR POOR ROAD CONDITIONS.

And to think we need to haul bales tomorrow! :help:

[/img]

I will trade my fire forecast for you snow forecast.

tn_fire802.gif

amen, rancher!! manitoba...i guess my "rain dance" did get through to mother nature but she doesn't own a GLOBE!!!! :D :D :wink: sure could use the moisture down here....things are getting a wee bit ugly....dusty, brown and the snowpack is only a fraction of what it needs to be!!! hook up a few of those industrial sized fans and blow some our way!!! 8) best of luck to you when this hits....hope all your babies do well!! :wink:

rancher, ranchwife, I'd gladly send you all the rain we got overnight. I thought it was getting sloppy around here before with the snow melting. I was wrong!!! Yuck! :|

Shelly,

It is snowing like crazy here and its still +2. Real wet sticky snow. This isjsut perfect weather for calves isnt it? :(

We didn't get any snow but it's still drizzling on and off. I just dreaded going out this morning and checking the calves. The stupid little buggers have a big shed they can get into to stay dry but noooo, they have to stand out in the rain and get sopping wet! I'd better hit the local feedstore tomorrow and stock up on scour pills! Damn weather!

Sorry about whining about the moisture, rancher and Oldtimer and ranchwife. I know you guys need the moisture and can't get it, sure wish there was some way to pass it on to you. I've had enough of snow and rain to last me awhile! I long to put away my overalls and rubber boots till next winter.

My calves are the same Shelly they have a cattle shelter to go into,but they have to stand outside and get wet.Hope we don't have to treat,to many calves after this.That's not fun!!Even though it's been a mild winter,i am ready for spring also.I'm tired of carrying around all these clothes.

Shelly, Was 68 degrees here and the sun was bright. No mud to speak of, spring grass is shooting up, and the calves are kicking up their heels.
Fruit trees are blooming and the frogs are croaking. Come on down!

Shelly & 3words, We're getting the same slop here in n.e. BC.

Second night of rain. Keep rolling out straw for dry bedding for the calves, but pretty futile as seems like the frost is coming out. Pens are a right bloody mess.

Might be changing to snow as I write. Sure hope so.

Take care.

They say snow in our forecast towards the end of the week. Don't know if that'll be much better than the rain we got. I do know it'll be damn icy this morning! I'd better put on the skates!

Latest posts