• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Wolf/Coyote Hybrid

Help Support Ranchers.net:

BINGO!!!

The beavers were even coming up several hundred yards into my parents yard and cutting down Mom's fancy yard trees!!

Seems that here the State Wildlilfe folks, who by the by all live in Metro Atlanta!!, thought the beavers would create ponds, thus creating a whole eco-enviroment.

Ok...if it happens where they may have already establilshed themselves but don't go willy nilly up and down the roadside setting out breeding pairs!

And YES that's exactly how it happened as one Wildlife officer told me himself....then I found out they gave me 2 pairs!! Guess they really like me!!

But I have for years and years routed my small herd from water crossing to watercrossing...never using the same one for a long time. I rebuild the banks when a tree goes out due to high water....I try to do good. Not for the world in general but for ME cause this is my place and I don't want anymore land than possible washing down stream after I already paid taxes on it!!

Now with this eminent domain passed by the Sup Court...makes ya wonder why even try to own anything. Major corps are now gonna stop paying for acerage from people and go straight to local govt's and get the land that way....'yotes...beavers and all!!

;-)

Also, Doc ..please don't think I was offended by an " eastern slam" as I wasn't. I've worked A LOT in NE, WY, MT and Dakotas with /in the cattle business and had to deal with a lot of the tree huggers myself in that part of the country.

I've develped a pretty thick hide as being a woman working in the cattle business makes you tough....I had to get tougher being a SOUTHERN FEMALE in the Western cattle biz!

Believe me, we've got " move in's" here equal to yours...I bet they're related!!

;-)

Thats another thing I fight with my plow jockey neighbors is beavers-they constantly dig out dams on our creek. In a drought situation the water they hoild back is pretty valuable to a rancher and I've never seen a problem with streambank erosion due to beavers. That said we live in pretty thick bush country -it might be different where they've been introduced with not many trees around.

Latest posts