• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Worth while reading

Help Support Ranchers.net:

agman said:
Econ101 said:
agman said:
You never seem to run out of phony accusations with your twisted view of events. Any money that any packer MAY have received from the checkoff for product development is minuscule compared to their own R&D. For you to think or suggest otherwise shows your continuing illiteracy concerning the packing industry and checkoff allocations. But that is par for you-all foam and no beer. A wannabe intellectual who has likely failed at every turn.

What point did you want to make, agman? It seems you just wanted to call names here.

When I want to suggest something I will. When I want to just come out and say it, I have no problem with that either. I come out and say enough stuff without you having to attribute suggestions to me. Do you want to answer my points in my post instead of making up suggestions and attributing them to me?

My reference is to your 99.8%. Where did the other 0.2% go to. Either you are certain of your claim or you are not. Close does not count.

I always leave every possibility open as I am not God, nor do I pretend to be with a straight 100% that you chide me with.

Mike: "Why are you asking me? Is it because you don't know?"

Why are you diverting the question? Is it because you don't know?

You were critical of MRJ's statement, and said............

Mike: "Tyson is probably the world's largest case ready beef processing company. Pre-cut, pre-packaged and ready for the case.

And you're saying they don't cut beef into individual cuts?"

That leaves the impression that all of Tyson's products are "pre-cut, pre-packaged, and case ready".

Let's see how much you really know Mike ..........

Once again ........

Does Tyson send uncut meat in boxes to various suppliers that further break those products down, trim them, then repackage for sale.

Yes, no, or I don't know?

Does Tyson seperate the flat iron steak before they send it out pre cut, pre packaged, and ready for the case?

How about you Tommy, you are so quick with the referee whistle, let's see how much you know. Get in the game Tommy and answer the questions or are you more comfortable nit picking statements from the cheap seats? Why don't you contribute something useful once in a while?

~SH~

~SH~ said:
Mike: "Why are you asking me? Is it because you don't know?"

Why are you diverting the question? Is it because you don't know?

You were critical of MRJ's statement, and said............

Mike: "Tyson is probably the world's largest case ready beef processing company. Pre-cut, pre-packaged and ready for the case.

And you're saying they don't cut beef into individual cuts?"

That leaves the impression that all of Tyson's products are "pre-cut, pre-packaged, and case ready".

Let's see how much you really know Mike ..........

Once again ........

Does Tyson send uncut meat in boxes to various suppliers that further break those products down, trim them, then repackage for sale.

Does Tyson seperate the flat iron steak before they send it out pre cut, pre packaged, and ready for the case?

How about you Tommy, you are so quick with the referee whistle, let's see how much you know. Get in the game Tommy and answer the questions or are you more comfortable nit picking statements from the cheap seats? Why don't you contribute something useful once in a while?

~SH~
\

SH, why don't you answer your own little questions? Maybe you could call your buddy at Tyson. Stop asking other people to do your bidding. Do you think everyone will fall for your tactics?

Conman, who voted an idiot like you to be "forum police". I realize how much you hate answering questions that reveal your studity but mind your own business. Nobody cares what you think.

Answer the questions Mike!

Let's see if you know as much as you think you do.

~SH~

~SH~ said:
Conman, who voted an idiot like you to be "forum police". I realize how much you hate answering questions that reveal your studity but mind your own business. Nobody cares what you think.

~SH~

Its better than having a circus chicken masquerading as "forum police".

~SH~

You know as well as I do that Tyson sells both boxed meat and pre-cuts. Heck, on occasions they even sell fats with the moo left intact.

My response to Maxine was because she stated that Tyson didn't cut meat.

Exactly how many flats did Tyson separate last year? Let's see how much you know.

MRJ wrote:
"Since Tyson doesn't cut beef into individual cuts"

Mike: "You know as well as I do that Tyson sells both boxed meat and pre-cuts."

It's pretty hard to blame Tyson, like ignorant Conman did, for not knowing how to cut out the flat iron when most of that is done at the retail level. That was my point.

How many flats did Tyson seperate last year?

How the hell would I know the exact number? I doubt Tyson even knows that.

What I do know is that most if not all of Tyson's flats are cut out at the retail level, not at the processing level. Which once again proves the stupidity of Conman's blaming Tyson for not knowing how to cut out the flat iron steak. He can't post without revealing his ignorance. Why he persists is beyond me.

~SH~

EEF NEWS
Tyson, Kroger, Beef Board team up to promote value beef cuts

by Pete Hisey on 9/14/2005 for Meatingplace.com

Kroger has launched a month-long promotion for flat iron steaks in 200 Texas stores. The steaks, provided by Tyson Fresh Meats in vacuum-packed case-ready format, will retail for $4.99 everyday and $3.99 on promotion, according to Tony Mata of the National Cattlemen's Beef Association, which is involved in the promotion. Kroger is hitting that price by purchasing whole clods, having Tyson cut out flat iron and petite tender steaks, then grinding the remains for burgers.

The promotion will include billboards, radio advertising, in-store signage, extensive sampling, appearances by celebrity chefs and later this month an "Iron Chef" competition using flat iron steaks as the primary ingredient. Mata told Meatingplace.com that after breaking several value cuts into the restaurant industry over the past four years, the beef industry — in the form of NCBA, the Beef Checkoff and the Cattlemen's Beef Board — is turning its attention to the retail market.

Randy Irion, who manages retail programs for NCBA, said that in 2001, when value cut steaks first entered the retail market, only 42 stores nationwide carried them. In 2004, that total reached 905, and at midyear this year, it was nearly 5,000. "The flat iron is the breakout item in the value cut world," Irion said.

What I do know is that most if not all of Tyson's flats are cut out at the retail level, not at the processing level.

Looks like they have cut quite a few.

SH...How about you Tommy, you are so quick with the referee whistle, let's see how much you know. Get in the game Tommy and answer the questions or are you more comfortable nit picking statements from the cheap seats? Why don't you contribute something useful once in a while?

You mean like you do Scott? What is the last useful thing you posted Scott?

I looked up the info on Tyson and pre-cut beef and was about to post it when I saw that Mike already had. MJ once again said something she did not know anything about.
You must have missed the info I posted refuting MJ's statement that M-COOL would only show the meat as "imported", not country of origin.

Mike said:
EEF NEWS
Tyson, Kroger, Beef Board team up to promote value beef cuts

by Pete Hisey on 9/14/2005 for Meatingplace.com

Kroger has launched a month-long promotion for flat iron steaks in 200 Texas stores. The steaks, provided by Tyson Fresh Meats in vacuum-packed case-ready format, will retail for $4.99 everyday and $3.99 on promotion, according to Tony Mata of the National Cattlemen's Beef Association, which is involved in the promotion. Kroger is hitting that price by purchasing whole clods, having Tyson cut out flat iron and petite tender steaks, then grinding the remains for burgers.

The promotion will include billboards, radio advertising, in-store signage, extensive sampling, appearances by celebrity chefs and later this month an "Iron Chef" competition using flat iron steaks as the primary ingredient. Mata told Meatingplace.com that after breaking several value cuts into the restaurant industry over the past four years, the beef industry — in the form of NCBA, the Beef Checkoff and the Cattlemen's Beef Board — is turning its attention to the retail market.

Randy Irion, who manages retail programs for NCBA, said that in 2001, when value cut steaks first entered the retail market, only 42 stores nationwide carried them. In 2004, that total reached 905, and at midyear this year, it was nearly 5,000. "The flat iron is the breakout item in the value cut world," Irion said.

What I do know is that most if not all of Tyson's flats are cut out at the retail level, not at the processing level.

Looks like they have cut quite a few.

Sounds to me that kroger was paying tyson to CUSTOM CUT AND GRIND since they were buying WHOLE CLOD'S. It means they are also taking the trim back as burger. If the same clod was processed any where it would be the same deal. If the flatiron steak was readily available from tyson, why was it not purchased as such?

Tyson Fresh Meats has been actively involved in the development of case ready meats since the 1990s. The company began producing small quantities of pre-packaged beef and pork cuts at Council Bluffs on a test market basis in early 1999. The primary driving forces behind the growth of case-ready meats include enhanced product safety, quality and efficiency.

"Thanks to extensive research and development, we have the packaging and processing technology to bring uniformly trimmed, tender cuts of beef and pork in case ready form to the consumer," according to Gene Leman, senior group vice president of Tyson Fresh Meats. Tyson provides retailers with a full, meat case replacement program for beef and pork, comprising of more than 100 beef and 40 pork cuts.

Latest posts