• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Wyoming Information Needed

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Well, I guess saying "sorry" didn't work! LOL

Compared to where we have lived before, including where we live now, Sheridan is NOT expensive. Not at all! Limited housing, yes, but we have already been sent some places to rent and the monthly rent amazed us at how low it was. Obviously, because we won't be moving until the middle of next year, we can't rent now. Won't pay rent on two places..........where we live now and a new place.
As far as "horse related stuff", we were told somewhat very different by a person who is on the Sheridan Rodeo Committee. But, if that's all you see is what is at the polo grounds, well.
As far as cowboy hats, "not many" is much more than can be seen where we live right now. I have worn both my straw and black felt to Walmart, grocery store and dinner without getting any weird looks. OTOH, when my wife wears hers, she can get some "looks". It's not common here to see a woman, especially an older woman, wearing a cowboy hat. And, we had a member of LBRA (Little Britches) tell us, "Don't worry about wearing your hats in Sheridan. Perhaps you will start up an old trend of wearing them again there. Sheridan isn't totally dead on the "Western way of life" he said.

Anyway, this is why we are making the visit to Sheridan. To judge for ourselves..........like it or not, and go from there.
yeah in another internet page you posted about moving to Cheyenne for 4 YEARS, and being only 60 miles away and after 4 years you finally went and decided no. I don't think Lake Desmite will be to your liking for boating either.

yeah in another internet page you posted about moving to Cheyenne for 4 YEARS, and being only 60 miles away and after 4 years you finally went and decided no. I don't think Lake Desmite will be to your liking for boating either.
Well, I don't know about that! We visited Cheyenne in 2020 and CFD wasn't happening yet. After that visit, and reading some replies about the "good, bad and ugly" about Cheyenne, we decided against a move there. But, who knows, we could change our minds. Even with the "bad and ugly" about Cheyenne, there are still plenty of folks that live there and love it.

As far as boating close to Sheridan, we'd go to Tongue River Lake in Montana. Actually, when we visit Sheridan, we will also drive to Tongue River Lake and check it out.

I seriously doubt that you know the meaning of rude.
I bet your sister-in-law was right on.
You have insulted many ranchers on this forum you are so full of yourself.
This is called Rancher's.net, not Cowboys.net or PRCA.net.
I meant to tell you, I have financially supported this site. That's why I have Supporting Member under the name. Where is yours? Just wondering.

I meant to tell you, I have financially supported this site. That's why I have Supporting Member under the name. Where is yours? Just wondering.
How rude and arrogant! There is no reason for you to be such a jerk. FH has been on this site for years and contributed more to it than you can even imagine. She almost singlehandedly kept it going when it was almost dead. Everyone that contributes here financially has the choice to request their donations be kept private. Not everyone brags about giving or thinks it should give them special favors.

Taunting FH with such childlike behavior certainly won't win you any friends here. Remember these folks are or were real deal ranchers. Friendships have to be earned. Such taunting is just disgraceful and insulting. Your taunting falls under personal attacks which violates this forum's rules. Maybe you should request a refund from Angie. and cancel your memebershop here.

How rude and arrogant! There is no reason for you to be such a jerk. FH has been on this site for years and contributed more to it than you can even imagine. She almost singlehandedly kept it going when it was almost dead. Everyone that contributes here financially has the choice to request their donations be kept private. Not everyone brags about giving or thinks it should give them special favors.

Taunting FH with such childlike behavior certainly won't win you any friends here. Remember these folks are or were real deal ranchers. Friendships have to be earned. Such taunting is just disgraceful and insulting. Your taunting falls under personal attacks which violates this forum's rules. Maybe you should request a refund from Angie. and cancel your memebershop here.
Maybe you should stop picking on me, like you do in another forum!

Anyway, I was only making a comment about supporting the site and YOU took it as a personal attack on FH and others, of which it definitely wasn't. I have said "sorry, I apologize" to FH without any reaction at all, except how bad Sheridan is. FH doesn't like what has happened to Sheridan and I can't do a thing about that. All wife and I know is what a member of the Chamber of Commerce and a member of the Sheridan Rodeo Committe has told us.

I done this thread to possibly get some info, but all I got is: How expensive it is to live in Sheridan, of which, compared to where we have lived, Sheridan isn't that expensive. Very few cowboy hats worn there, but "very few" is much more than where we live. The traffic is talked about, and the traffic in Sheridan is nothing like the places we've lived. Absolutely nothing! The member of the Sheridan Rodeo Committee that I talked to said to me "we'd love to have you move here and have you and your wife be a part of our Committee.

There are those in this thread that have made Sheridan look like a dump. It most definitely isn't. But, we will find out for ourselves.

Anyway, I was allowed to become a member of this site and am very glad of it. You'd love for me to ask for a refund and cancel my membership................sorry, just isn't going to happen!! LOL

Well, I don't know about that! We visited Cheyenne in 2020 and CFD wasn't happening yet. After that visit, and reading some replies about the "good, bad and ugly" about Cheyenne, we decided against a move there. But, who knows, we could change our minds. Even with the "bad and ugly" about Cheyenne, there are still plenty of folks that live there and love it.

As far as boating close to Sheridan, we'd go to Tongue River Lake in Montana. Actually, when we visit Sheridan, we will also drive to Tongue River Lake and check it out.
sorry 5 years ago
06-28-2017, 06:38 AM
BabyBoomers2
BabyBoomers2 started this thread

First, we are in our late 60's. Wife is still working a full-time job, but I'm retired (no Pension, only SS). Currently living in Jacksonville, Florida and have been since Jan. 2009. Thought we'd love it here and living in Florida, but not the case. Once we move to ?, we will both be retired, but seeking part-time jobs.

Lived in both Englewood and Parker, Colorado for a total of 5 1/2 years. Had a house in Parker that we sold. Even though we both spent numerous years in Southern Calif., before moving to Colorado, we wanted to leave. Both of us were raised in "snow-belt" area of Michigan (wife) and Indiana (me). Her, in a small city and me, on a small farm in northeastern Indiana. We really loved, and miss, the rodeo action, RMNP elk "rut", boating/fishing on two lakes near Parker and Christmas time there, but those area's aren't the same as when we left.

Have been to both Cheyenne and Laramie for their rodeo's, when we lived in Colorado. Didn't compete in the rodeo's, but was involved in the sport in So California. Use to be with PRCA. Loved the rodeo action in Cheyenne and Laramie.

Love boating/fishing and currently have a 20' I/O boat now. Depending on our health when we move, we depend on if we have our boat shipped to wherever we move to from here. We believe the closest lake/reservoir to Cheyenne would be Horsetooth Reservoir by Fort Collins.....which we've been to with a boat we had in Colorado.

Believe or not, still have our winter parkas that we bought while living in Colorado. Guess, somehow we knew we'd return to "cold country" someday.

Also, have all of our Western clothing we had in Colorado........the Wrangler jeans, Resistol hats and Ariat Lace-up Roper boots. Have only wore these clothes a few times since moving here. Have been to one rodeo and a USTRC (affiliate) Team Roping Championship.

Would like to know more about Cheyenne, as in amount of crime, and a few other things. Basically, from some of the clothes we have and our "rodeo" interest, we feel that we don't belong here. For one, the humidity, like currently at 91%, can be/is awful.

BTW, along with Cheyenne, also considering Rapid City, SD to move to.

Thoughts?
Rate this post positively
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message

sorry 5 years ago
06-28-2017, 06:38 AM
First, we are in our late 60's. Wife is still working a full-time job, but I'm retired (no Pension, only SS). Currently living in Jacksonville, Florida and have been since Jan. 2009. Thought we'd love it here and living in Florida, but not the case. Once we move to ?, we will both be retired, but seeking part-time jobs.

Lived in both Englewood and Parker, Colorado for a total of 5 1/2 years. Had a house in Parker that we sold. Even though we both spent numerous years in Southern Calif., before moving to Colorado, we wanted to leave. Both of us were raised in "snow-belt" area of Michigan (wife) and Indiana (me). Her, in a small city and me, on a small farm in northeastern Indiana. We really loved, and miss, the rodeo action, RMNP elk "rut", boating/fishing on two lakes near Parker and Christmas time there, but those area's aren't the same as when we left.

Have been to both Cheyenne and Laramie for their rodeo's, when we lived in Colorado. Didn't compete in the rodeo's, but was involved in the sport in So California. Use to be with PRCA. Loved the rodeo action in Cheyenne and Laramie.

Love boating/fishing and currently have a 20' I/O boat now. Depending on our health when we move, we depend on if we have our boat shipped to wherever we move to from here. We believe the closest lake/reservoir to Cheyenne would be Horsetooth Reservoir by Fort Collins.....which we've been to with a boat we had in Colorado.

Believe or not, still have our winter parkas that we bought while living in Colorado. Guess, somehow we knew we'd return to "cold country" someday.

Also, have all of our Western clothing we had in Colorado........the Wrangler jeans, Resistol hats and Ariat Lace-up Roper boots. Have only wore these clothes a few times since moving here. Have been to one rodeo and a USTRC (affiliate) Team Roping Championship.

Would like to know more about Cheyenne, as in amount of crime, and a few other things. Basically, from some of the clothes we have and our "rodeo" interest, we feel that we don't belong here. For one, the humidity, like currently at 91%, can be/is awful.

BTW, along with Cheyenne, also considering Rapid City, SD to move to.

Thoughts?
Rate this post positively
jodywy, you'd better read more correctly. This is our second time living in Colorado! We've only been back here for 3 years/1 month. We left here in Oct 2007 and returned in Aug 2019. We took a small trip to Cheyenne in 2020 to check things out. My wife tells me, "nope, not moving to Cheyenne". She said that this morning and what the Queen says, goes!
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message

Now, let's either talk some nice things about Sheridan and the area, or end this thread altogether.
Thank You!!

Maybe you should stop picking on me, like you do in another forum!

Anyway, I was only making a comment about supporting the site and YOU took it as a personal attack on FH and others, of which it definitely wasn't. I have said "sorry, I apologize" to FH without any reaction at all, except how bad Sheridan is. FH doesn't like what has happened to Sheridan and I can't do a thing about that. All wife and I know is what a member of the Chamber of Commerce and a member of the Sheridan Rodeo Committe has told us.

I done this thread to possibly get some info, but all I got is: How expensive it is to live in Sheridan, of which, compared to where we have lived, Sheridan isn't that expensive. Very few cowboy hats worn there, but "very few" is much more than where we live. The traffic is talked about, and the traffic in Sheridan is nothing like the places we've lived. Absolutely nothing! The member of the Sheridan Rodeo Committee that I talked to said to me "we'd love to have you move here and have you and your wife be a part of our Committee.

There are those in this site that have made Sheridan look like a dump. It most definitely isn't. But, we will find out for ourselves.

Now, let's cut out this crap and go on with this thread.
Picking on you? Are you so dense that you cannot see what a jerk you are? This forum wouldn't exist without FH and Big Muddy. If you ever read any other threads and participated, then you would know that.

This thread was dead many posts ago when you refused to accept info from people who live in Wyoming and have their entire lives. You always resort to boasting about yourself and then taunting others with, "what about you?" You have done it to me several times on another forum and I let it slide.

You seem to enjoy taunting women. You don't have the cajones to insult men and ask them what they contributed financially or how many rodeo buckles they have won or what rodeo stars they have met.
Putting others down to boast your own ego seems to be your style. Personally, I am sick of it and have tried to ignore your trivial dribble but attacking my friend FH that is the sole reason this forum is alive, was just too much.

So if the ones that know about Sheridan can't talk nice things about it, then you want the thread closed? Do you read what you write? You asked for info but never said that you wanted to hear only positive comments. No one here cares if you move to Sheridan or even Wyoming or not. They were only trying to be nice.

Report me to the admin if you want, I don't care. Banishment doesn't faze me one bit.

Last edited:
Picking on you? Are you so dense that you cannot see what a jerk you are? This forum wouldn't exist without FH and Big Muddy. If you ever read any other threads and participated, then you would know that.

This thread was dead many posts ago when you refused to accept info from people who live in Wyoming and have their entire lives. You always resort to boasting about yourself and then taunting others with, "what about you?" You have done it to me several times on another forum and I let it slide.

You seem to enjoy taunting women. You don't have the cajones to insult men and ask them what they contributed financially or how many rodeo buckles they have won or what rodeo stars they have met.
Putting others down to boast your own ego seems to be your style. Personally, I am sick of it and have tried to ignore your trivial dribble but attacking my friend FH that is the sole reason this forum is alive, was just too much.

So if the ones that know about Sheridan can't talk nice things about it, then you want the thread closed? Do you read what you write? You asked for info but never said that you wanted to hear only positive comments. No one here cares if you move to Sheridan or even Wyoming or not. They were only trying to be nice.

Report me to the admin if you want, I don't care. Banishment doesn't faze me one bit.
Ok, Faye, you are now the one that is acting extremely childish. And, you definitely don't want to know what my wife said about you calling me a jerk.

I accepted what people were telling me, but some of it was just plain ridiculous to wife and I. The expense in Sheridan...........all we can say is "give us a break". We know what expense is! And, so on.

We do appreciate the replies, but they are so different than the Chamber of Commerce and this member of the Sheridan Rodeo Committee have told us. Just who in the heck are we to believe?

I mean, again, I said "Sorry, I apologize" about doing the thread and got lots of slack for saying that. It was like, "we don't accept the word sorry or the word apologize from anyone". We will visit Sheridan and see for ourselves.

Now, just how many times do I have to nicely ask you.............enough is enough!!

Thank You!!

And, BTW, I said nothing bad about anyone in this reply. Just remember that!

I don't care what your wife thinks of me. Why doesn't she get on here and interact? It is amazing to me you do all the talking for her. She might find out that this forum has some very nice folks and we ladies are different than what you make us out to be.

Apologies aren't accepted when they are insincere and you continue along the same line.

Consider that the Chamber of Commerce wants folks to move in, that is their job. Consider that the long-time ranching residents might be giving you a clearer picture of what to expect. Consider that the ranching folks have nothing to gain or lose if move to Wy. Consider that asking for opinions and then taking issue with them is rude to ranchers.

Reflect for a moment that mentioning that you are a financial contributor is boasting and then taunting FH with "what about you" is just plain rude and meant to put her down. If contributing to a site is what gives one superiority, then I will leave that site because buying your way in doesn't set well with me.

Take a moment for some self-reflection and review this thread. It is just my opinion that your asking for info was just a way to try and get another PRCA rodeo thread going so you could boast about your accomplishments and brag about who you met at an event you paid to attend. Did you ever consider that some here are former PRCA rodeo folks that have drawers full of important buckles they won and your repetitious bragging doesn't set well with ranch folks? Consider that some may be friends with the many names you drop to make yourself look important.

With that said, I am going to ignore you. Life is too short to try and reason with arrogant urban cowboys.

"Urban Cowboy? Thank you so much for calling me that, even though my buckles and pictures definitely don't show that. Wonder if you would call any PRCA cowboy "Urban Cowboy"? Love watching the Cowboy Channel.

I know, without a doubt, I've that this before to you and you're making me say it again: We are extremely proud of our pictures, my buckles, paying for Pro-Rodeo Hall of Fame membership each year, paying to go to the Hall of Fame Cowboy Ball and, the next morning, going to the Hall of Fame Induction. We are also proud that we did contribute to this site. BTW, being proud, isn't a bad thing. I'm told, almost on a daily basic, how proud people are of me for serving in the Navy.

I was totally sincere about the "sorry, I apologize", just sorry (for you) that you don't believe it. IOW, Faye, you believe what you want to. I asked questions, got answers, but some of the answers were, well, I don't know how to put it. Definitely not what people living IN Sheridan said to us. Apparently, ranchers have their own ideas/feelings of how a town/city changes. The Chamber of Commerce are nice people. So what if they try to get people to move there? The member of the Sheridan Rodeo Committee, that talked to me, is nice as well.

Ranching isn't us and never has been, but we both have a very high respect for ranchers.

Our walls are full of PRCA World Champions that we have met, including a picture of us with the King of the Cowboys, Trevor Brazile this past July when he was inducted. We don't care that you don't think anything about someones pictures, who they met or whatever.

We are good people, wife and I. Just remember that. Good people!!

Here ya go, cowboy. This should be right up your alley.
It's only $2000 to join and $1000 each year after that. (If they haven't raised it)

Here ya go, cowboy. This should be right up your alley.
It's only $2000 to join and $1000 each year after that. (If they haven't raised it)
Currently, Gold Buckle Club membership initial dues are $2,000.00 and subsequent dues are $1,000.00 annually.

Your membership will include one custom designed and individually numbered custom made belt buckle by Montana Silversmiths and one custom designed pendant. It also includes invitations to special events sponsored by the Gold Buckle Club.

Sorry FH, our Bronz (public) membership, for a year, to the Pro-Rodeo Hall of Fame in Colorado Springs, plus the July Hall of Fame Induction Cowboy Ball (western attire w/tie-sport coat) that includes a nice dinner, cost us less than $400. Our membership to the Hall of Fame takes care of our admission to the Hall of Fame Induction the day after the Ball.

This year we attended the Ball. My wife wore a beautiful blue dress and her black felt hat and I wore my Wrangler jeans, dress shirt/tie and sport coat. It was an outstanding time. We met many of the rodeo queens from around the United States and Inductee Trevor Brazile was there. It was an honor meeting him and talking to him. Have followed him since 2002.

wow a buckle!!!
Yes, wow is right! You can buy a similar one from Montana Silversmith for $45. This group has some strict rules and discipline. Not only do you pay out outrageous dues, but the cost of these elite events, dinners, drinks, and the tips expected, is insane. I doubt you would find any real ranch or rodeo folks involved in this insanity. It sounds like the Sheridan rodeo is less about rodeo and more about making money to grow the community and make the wealthy controllers richer. It is sad that rodeo is less about working cowboys and girls showing their ranch learned skills and more about trained and schooled professionals making rodeo a billion-dollar industry.

The PRCA has become a big money-making business. All kinds of memberships are offered but none are for me.

Since many of my cousins are rodeo stars and many former and current stars are from Eastern Oregon and I have met them all at one time or another. They are just regular people and neighbors to me, even the ones that got too big for their Chinese-made Wranglers.

Well, we happen to think pro-rodeo is great! Of course PRCA rodeo is about money, heck what sport isn't that way today? PRCA is now WRCA and doesn't indeed to be. WRCA is about ranch cowboys, whereas PRCA isn't. Although, Stock Contractors for PRCA can do a lot of work at their ranches that WRCA cowboys do. And, from what I understand, there are PRCA cowboys that their family owns/runs a ranch.

But, what do forum members here think when there is a ranch rodeo during a PRCA rodeo. We've seen that before. Wild Cow Milking, Branding, Cattle Loading and other things show, as was the name of each ranch that was involved. The winning ranch hands were taken around the indoor arena in the back of a pickup truck and each given a very nice looking Montana Silversmiths winning buckle.
The PRCA Pro-Rodeo Hall of Fame Cowboy Ball we went to in Colorado Springs was terrific. Pam Minick, past MRA was there. The entire weekend, which included the Ball, the Induction and Road to the NFR rodeo aka Pikes Peak or Bust, was excellent.

To me, whether it's a PRCA or a WCRA, both are cowboys.

there are cowboys, rodeo cowboys, then there are hands, rancher and stockmen, there can be a hell of a difference. most ranches will hire a hand way before they hire a cowboy. oh, and sheep herders on the big migratory outfits that summer in the mountains and winter in the deserts,they have more saddle time then any cowboy as they don't get to go to town.

Last edited:

Latest posts