• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Wyoming Information Needed

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Moving from one area to the other is stressing mentally and physically and would add unneeded stress to people in their mid 70s. Im mid 50's and wouldn't change houses very easily and I won't leave my area. We like our kids, grand kids, church, neighbors, merchants, enemies , etc. this is home. They will bury me here in "the tombs of my fathers".
Thinking the neighbor's will be celebrating for several days in this instance.

Thinking the neighbor's will be celebrating for several days in this instance.
We don't really care! Celebrate on, people! They are very unfriendly anyway and seem not to like older seniors at all.
When we move, I plan on doing a review on the complex we live in and most definitely say "if you are of senior citizen age, definitely don't move into this complex!"

It's like the house we lived in before selling it. Some things a person/persons will never know about until they move in, like:

Two dogs in a backyard barking at 2AM and both wife and I have full-time jobs. I had to get up at 5:15AM to get to work at 7AM. The husband had told his wife to put the dogs in the garage before she went to bed, but she definitely didn't. He worked from 11PM to 7AM as a Security Guard.

The same dogs broke out, dug a hole under our fence and got into our backyard. Neighbors told us "your dogs dug a hole under your fence and got out" and we said "we don't have dogs". The neighbor fixed our fence and filled in the hole.

One other time, I came home from work and seen an electrical cord (extension cord) going from our neighbors house to our front porch outlet. This was before the Security Guard and his wife moved in. The bank had reposed the house and had a Contractor working inside, preparing it to be sold. I told the workers, "it's illegal to use someone else's electricity without their permission. Either unhook it and talk to local police when I call them." They unhooked.

So, it's not just apartment complexes that can have resident problems, it's housing developments also.

My neighbor better have one hell of a long extension cord if he wants to use my power 😂
Bet Gcreek's neighbors would be better off lighting candles. Extension cords needed would cost more than the house!
Mr Cody you simply do not and will not understand why many of us kinda scratch our heads at your posts. This is a RANCHERS forum. Therefore most of us are, wait for it, RANCHERS. Your admiration/infatuation with rodeo folks would be better suited on a RODEO forum. Bet you could count the number of autographed pictures owned by Big Muddy, Webfoot, Gcreek, FH and myself on no fingers. (Although partly that is my own fault as Gcreek and Webfoot have begged me several times for one, and I haven't sent them) I've said this to you many times…. I've got nothing against rodeo contestants. But many of them couldn't last a week working on a ranch. While I applaud them for their athletic ability and skill, most would be lost on the Great Basin chasing wild cattle. Doesn't make me better or them worse, just stating a fact. Ain't none of us saying we don't respect the rodeo folks. We just don't maybe place them on quite as high of a pedestal as you do. I hope you find a nice happy place to live and wish ya well in your quest.

Well, Lean' H, I was "welcomed" when I first started posting and did let everyone know that we had no experience in ranching, but respected it, just like we do farming. Since we don't know much about ranching, but know a lot about rodeo, I was still accepted here.

Now, what I don't understand is the difference between rodeo stock contractors and ranchers. Most stock contractors keep their rodeo stock on a ranch and have the name of that ranch posted at the entrance. Like, Fly "U" Rodeo Company and Rosser Rodeo Company have a sign posted "Flying "U" Ranch" in Marysville, CA.

Do you know that there are those that have admiration/infatuation with different things. We aren't "infatuated" with rodeo, we simply understand all aspects of it and highly admire it. I don't see anything wrong with that. I am a member of a number of rodeo and cowboy fan groups on Facebook and get along quite well with all of them. One such rodeo group is Cowboy Channel Fan Group and another is Cowboy Lifestyle Group.

Anyway..........

Many stock contractors are in fact, members of multi generational ranching families. Some have a set of pens on 20 acres and feed bucking stock 365 days of the year from a hay stack and grain bag. While both own cattle/horses, there is an infinite difference between the two. I know a guy down the valley from me that has a sign over his driveway that says "Almosta Ranch". Sure as hell don't make him a rancher in real life. He enjoys having rope horses and even has a small arena with a few ropin steers. Good for him. Not disparaging him or you for what makes ya happy. But folks who do this for a living may look at myself as not being a true rancher because I work a full time job and only have a few cattle. I'd stubbornly argue I've "cowboy'd" more in my 54 years than most folks have. From day working and helping neighbors to our family ranch. I feel I've earned the credibility to be called a cowboy and a rancher. Hell my short 9 year career falling off bulls may give me the option to also be called a rodeo cowboy. What I'm still trying to get ya to see, is ranchers take great and justified pride in what we do. And when someone without that earned credibility assigns titles or argues what defines us, well, we get a tad miffed. Example- Webfoot and Gcreek and BMR like to razz me about being a hobby farmer. But I know them Ol boys well enough and they know me enough to know it's just that, teasing and razzing. I bet ya if I showed up at calving or branding or haying or fencing time at their places, they'd put me to work. But if somebody who I didn't know well, even only through an Internet forum, tried giving me a hard time, I'd be mad enough about it to spit. I feel the same way when some
Idiot who has never seen a cow tell me how bad cattle are for the environment!
Again, good luck in your move. Wish ya well in that adventure and the others you choose to tackle in life.

My neighbor better have one hell of a long extension cord if he wants to use my power 😂
Bet Gcreek's neighbors would be better off lighting candles. Extension cords needed would cost more than the house!
Mr Cody you simply do not and will not understand why many of us kinda scratch our heads at your posts. This is a RANCHERS forum. Therefore most of us are, wait for it, RANCHERS. Your admiration/infatuation with rodeo folks would be better suited on a RODEO forum. Bet you could count the number of autographed pictures owned by Big Muddy, Webfoot, Gcreek, FH and myself on no fingers. (Although partly that is my own fault as Gcreek and Webfoot have begged me several times for one, and I haven't sent them) I've said this to you many times…. I've got nothing against rodeo contestants. But many of them couldn't last a week working on a ranch. While I applaud them for their athletic ability and skill, most would be lost on the Great Basin chasing wild cattle. Doesn't make me better or them worse, just stating a fact. Ain't none of us saying we don't respect the rodeo folks. We just don't maybe place them on quite as high of a pedestal as you do. I hope you find a nice happy place to live and wish ya well in your quest.
I have two autographed $20 bills I won in a bet from a couple of very shrewd cattlemen in a pool guessing the sale average on a 400 bull sale. Having a many time world champion roper planning a fishing and visiting trip here before an untimely stroke took his life. Having had several years of selling sale topping cattle and having come from absolutely nothing but opportunities. Having a wonderful wife who worked right beside me and kept my sense of caution when I was such an optimist. Having two strong sons who believe in God and have wonderful spouses. Having three beautiful grandchildren that are off to a great start in life.

These are the only autographs I need hanging in my mind.

Sheridan , just wasn't somebody's Cup of Tea :)
Well, jodywy, none of Wyoming is. We do thank those that "tried" to tell us, but we simply had to find out for ourselves about Sheridan, and basically, Wyoming in general.

So, our online search goes on. Don't have finances to visit places like some people highly recommend. But, staying here in Loveland is most definitely out! With a new, being constructed, 600,000 sq. foot Amazon building going in just north of us, the population here is going to explode, as well as the traffic and, the crime that goes with both.

Let's see, details:

One thing for sure, Sheridan isn't what it was some 40 years ago when I was there.

Did see a few (very few) cowboy hats at Wyoming Rib & Chop in Sheridan for dinner. Wife and I had our black Felts on and some folks gave my wife a second look. However, their fillet steak was absolutely delicious, that I had, and so was the fried shrimp my wife had. Actually, we went to this restaurant three times for dinner.

On Saturday afternoon, walked down Main Street. Lots of tourists and I was the only one wearing a cowboy hat (black/Felt). The tourists sort of reminded us of the rodeo fans at CFD and Laramie. The "I told you so" appropriately goes. On Sunday, stopped at Perkins Restaurant and there it was..........waitresses with multiple tattoos and some facial piercings. Two young guys (customers) had tattoos all over their arms and all over their necks. To us, totally disgusting and sure didn't seem like Sheridan as well as Wyoming at all.

One nice thing about our stay in Sheridan was the Retired Army Colonel (Full Bird) we met at breakfast in the hotel. He was a Chaplin in the Army and now is a Reverend for a church. Must have talked to him for two hours. Very, very interesting.

The following Monday AM, left Sheridan, never to return, and headed to Laramie. Stopped in Kaycee to see Chris LeDoux Park, Chris Le Doux Museum and the Old West Museum.

For the part of a day we spent in Laramie, didn't see a thing that would be related to either rodeo or ranching. Again, had supper at Wyoming Rib & Chop there and wife and I were the only ones wearing hats and western attire. Had the same, as in fillet/me-fried shrimp/wife, as we did in Sheridan. Decided "no" on Laramie and headed back to Loveland. Stopped at Lincoln Memorial by Curt Gowdy State Park on the way home.

Got plenty of nice pictures of Kings Saddlery Museum in Sheridan, Chris LeDoux Park/Museum in Kaycee and Lincoln by Curt Gowdy State Park.

Bottom Line to Wyoming..........."no thanks". That will definitely make some happy, while, for us, very disappointed.

Latest posts