• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

YOU LIKE TEXANS ?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

DO YOU LIKE TEXANS

• YES I LIKE THEM TEXANS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NOPE NEVER HAVE CARED FOR EM

• HELL I DUNNO WHY DO YOU ASK

• Total voters

HAY MAKER

Reaction score
Tibbs said.........(And yeah if you get out of the state of Texas its the same thing....no one likes Texas don't seem like.)

All this time I thought everybody liked Texas & Texans,so what'a say ?...............good luck

Suppose Texans same as everywhere else, some good some not so good....seem to think the ones on ranchers not too bad, they even send us thier nice weather

My grandpa told me a Texan was just a Mexican heading to Oklahoma who ran out of pesos :wink: :lol:

So far, the only Texans I had the pleasure of getting to know are on here. Ya'll are a fine bunch of folks.

Especially you, Haymaker! I have to admit I have a soft spot for you, you are quite the character.

A Texan told me that if someone from anywhere else is in Europe and asked where he's from, he says 'America,' but a Texan will say 'Texas' like it is a whole nother country. Seems like some of them think there ain't any cows, cowboys or ranchers anywhere else, like they invented the whole enterprise.
Course, they are like everyone else, there's good and bad.
A cowboy ain't got nothing but freedom and pride.

There are wonderful Texans around Miami,TX. Great hospitality. We met a wonderful family that we had bought cattle from for a few years. It was so funny when their teenager stated "those people are just like us"!!! I don't know what she thought we were going to be like but I guess we passed the test. Now Haymaker don't get a big head if more people vote on how nice those Texans are!!!

I have some very close friends from Texas, a couple don't live there anymore, and one is originally from Lousianna, but she is Texan through and through.

I have been made an honorary Texan, (especially after I showed the one that Alberta is slightly larger than Texas in land area), got the coffee mug to prove it.

The new president of the American Angus Assoc. is from Texas, and from the article I read she is a fine person.(she even owned her own packing company!!!)

Yeap I hafta say I do like most of em. Course I was born n raised in Texas. Aint no place on earth I'd rather live, it's a very diverse state. mountains, desert, hill country, plains, and forest, and a beach that goes on forever. There's alotta pride we have about and for our state. I sometimes think that's what makes alot of others (folks not from Texas) stand offish towards us. They dont understand the pride we have for our state. I've been lucky enuff to have gotten to travel all over our great state, there's some beautiful country here. Only part I haven't gotten to see yet is deep south texas, but that may soon change, got an invite to go huntin in the near future down round Del Rio.

TXTibbs said:
Ok I clicked yes, just cause I live here and have for 3 years........

Thanks Haymaker...this will be an interesting poll!!!! :D

You better hope it goes well boy,you have been here plenty long to be considered a Texan :wink: .................good luck

Back in the 70's I worked as an extra in a movie filmed at the Galleria in Houston.

MY TONGUE DRAGGED THE GROUND EVERY DAY FROM ALL THE GOOD LOOKING WOMEN THERE.

For the life of me I can't even remember the name of the movie. CRS Disease :???: [/b]

righter said:
Seems like some of them think there ain't any cows, cowboys or ranchers anywhere else, like they invented the whole enterprise.

When my son was four or so he kept wanting to go to Texas.

"Why, sweetheart?"

"I want to see a ranch and cowboys and stuff, Mom."

:shock:
don't let Daddy hear you say that...

I've only ever met one Texan,in person, and he was a great man.
I worked with him for several years and we got to be friends. He was an "older" fella , but he showed up ready to work every day and went hard all day until quiting time. This pissed-off some of the "deadheads" that "worked" there and they didn't like him but I did.

Mike said:
MY TONGUE DRAGGED THE GROUND EVERY DAY FROM ALL THE GOOD LOOKING WOMEN THERE. [/b]

Well that not what "WIND BAGs" I know brag about but you made me glad I live her and not in Texas.

I don't figure you did to well!

Just what a gal wants - - -> a little DIRTY TONGUE! :gag: Uck!

I think the fact that Texas is so large, it gives lots of outsiders the impression that is where all the cowboys reside. Land mass impresses a lot of folks.

It must be an ok place, because it seems that if I travel, and I always wear my black hat, that people always ask if I am from Texas. Had it happen in several states. :lol:

A Texan and an Alaskan were visiting one day. The Texan was kinda bellyaching that Alaska was keeping Texas from being the largest state. The Alaskan replies back, "better quit complaining, or we'll break Alaska in two, and make Texas number three". :shock:

My relatives that have moved to Texas only complaint was that for several years the natives call them "damn yankees", no matter where they were from. :???:

the real jake said:
A Texan and an Alaskan were visiting one day. The Texan was kinda bellyaching that Alaska was keeping Texas from being the largest state. The Alaskan replies back, "better quit complaining, or we'll break Alaska in two, and make Texas number three". :shock:

Old One - Dad says thatwas the joke back in "59" when Alaska became a State - - - -> lots of Long Faces On Texans back then

I was visiting with a feller who was putting on a horse shoeing clinic. He told us that he had moved to Texas. I said, "Why? Ain't all them Texans BS'ers and braggarts?"

He replied, "I get that reply all the time, and since I've been there I've never met anyone who wasn't real nice. Not all braggy and bigmouthed like so many people think Texans are. I told this to a Texan and he told me that most people don't realize that the Texans go thru' and cull all the dinks and worthless people every year and run them out of the state....... Most of them move to Oklahoma!"

Now don't get mad at me. I'm just the messenger. This was told by a Texan.

The few Texans I've met in person were real nice. We drove thru' the southwest part some years back and I couldn't figure out why anyone would fight Mexicans and Comanche indians for it. But I guess they knew there was all that oil there!

And then too, I've never found anywhere I like as good as where I live. Like the old cowboy said, "Of all the places I been, the dust bothers me the least, right here!" :lol:

I figure there are good and bad people, wherever you go. It's sure nice where we live cuz they are scattered out more, so you don't have to deal with too many of either kind, at any one time! :lol:

And after driving in both Texas and California, I'll take Texas! :lol:

I have found in my years of living and working and dealing with people (including Texan's - having lived in Texas for 15 years) that most people respond in kind to the type of treatment and attitude that they receive FROM you. :wink: It is somewhat like striking a billiard ball - If you hit it straight - it will come back to you straight. :D But if you hit it "off-center" or " a little too aggressively" you can expect it to come back at you - the same way - - sometimes a little MORE than you expect!! :shock: :mad:

DOC HARRIS

Latest posts