• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Your idea of a perfect horse.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

That was a great poem JB, you had me going till the end. I thought it was about a horse for sure, some of the best are the sorriest lookers but they got the heart and the try, that's what is the most important. Most people don't particularly like the horses I ride, too much horse for most, have a grade palomino that don't know the words quit, give up, or loose. there isn't a cow that can get away, you just better be in the saddle to stay when you point him at something cause he's going after it. Got a double bred Hancock with some paint in him waiting to be two, can't wait for that one. He's different from most Hancocks though, he calls to you when you walk out the door in the morning and loves attention, maybe the paint in him. Have a good day.

SW
This posting reminds me of the story about the ranches daughter who was dating the next door ranchers son. She came home one night from a date and she was just beaming. Her mother asked why she seemed to be so happy. The replied,"Oh, he gave me the nicest compliment tonight. He said I was as nice as a Hancock mare!"
The mother grumpily replied, "Yup. So he thinks you have a big butt, a rough headed and a terrible dispositon! Real nice compliment!" :shock: :lol:

Got some friend up by Newell who are big on Hancocks. And old Ed Carlson wouldn't hardly ride anything else. Must be some good in 'em if so many like 'em!

Your yeller horse sounds just like my bay. Spooky and fast is the only way to go! :lol:

Tho' ol' Woody's starting to act like a broke horse now that he's 13 or 14. I like to get 'em pretty broke actin' by the time they are 19 or 20. :D

The best horse I have ever ridden was a Morgan/Quarter horse cross mare named Scamper. She was a line backed dun with more cow sense than I have ever seen. She was born on our ranch, I worked with her from the time she was born, and she was mine in every sense of the word. She was trailer broke, saddle broke, and most other things broke way before she was ever old enough to break to ride. When that time finally came, I broke her to ride - it wasn't difficult. She couldn't be turned out in any pasture that had cows in it, she would stand off to the side and pick out a cow/steer/heifer/calf and cut them out of the bunch and keep them away from the bunch until she was caught and moved to a different pasture. She never performed as well for anyone as she did me, in fact she would usually dump anyone else who rode her, with the exception of my Dad. She and I had a lot of really good times moving and working cows. After I left for college, she was moved down to the south place and somehow got caught in barbed wire. Tore up the tendons in her left front leg. After that, she couldn't turn to that side without stumbling and almost going down. I will always miss her. She was my special buddy.

Latest posts