• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Your opinion on these Ranger 900 doors?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Traveler

Reaction score
May be okay, or looks like they're going to get broke so spend the extra 6-700 bucks on the factory equivalent?

http://www.utvheadquarters.com/inc/sdetail/38800/93418

Spend the 2 grand on an S-10 or Ford Ranger, rather than a glorified comfort cover.

Is that price in American dollars? Jeeeezus!

loomixguy said:
Spend the 2 grand on an S-10 or Ford Ranger, rather than a glorified comfort cover.

Is that price in American dollars? Jeeeezus!
you my friend nailed it! We have one of each

to answer your question, I know of a guy who has similiar door on a honda and they make a lot of noise (banging and creeking). I don't know if they are the same brand as these as they came on the honda from the dealer. We have the good doors from Polaris and we are very happy with them. Quiet, durable and have a little insulation.

I'll put my ranger 900 XP up against your Ford ranger or S10 anyday, I will guarantee you cant go even half the places I can, are they expensive, yes they are, but what isn't these days. they have their place and I wouldn't do without my ranger, so much so that I'm in the process of buying my second one that way I will have one for working and one for hunting.

farmboy said:
I'll put my ranger 900 XP up against your Ford ranger or S10 anyday, I will guarantee you cant go even half the places I can, are they expensive, yes they are, but what isn't these days. they have their place and I wouldn't do without my ranger, so much so that I'm in the process of buying my second one that way I will have one for working and one for hunting.
from what I've seen " here " they go no where in cold weather because they are too cold to operate. Or that's what my neighbors say.

We love our Rangers and don't have cabs on any of them. Dress for the weather and grin and bear it. Many people go watch football games in weather not fit for man nor beast, or they'll go snowmobiling just for the fun and exhilaration. Ride an open-topped Ranger with the same sense of adventure. :)

I guarantee a Polaris Ranger will do more than a Ford Ranger ever thought of doing, unless very many miles of highway travel are involved. With no cabs on our P. Rangers, they load on a stock trailer just like a horse, so can be hauled with no trouble.

We have four P. Rangers and would be hard pressed to go back to life without them. By eliminating the cabs, we basically have four for the price of three, and we use them extensively. If it's cold enough to need a cab, just use a regular pickup.

The older models are more conducive to working cattle. The old 800's have the gear shift on the right side of the steering wheel with a parking brake on the left side of the steering wheel. All the new 900's have everything on one lever, so if you are going back and forth between high and reverse, all of a sudden you find yourself in Park, and the critter gets away. I realized I was wearing out my "cutting horse" riding circle. The main reason I got the fourth P. Ranger was so it could be my outside "circle horse" for covering miles checking pastures and putting out salt and mineral. That way my good "cutting horse" (Ranger) could be saved for closer jobs and for calving time when more finesse is needed. The Kosmo Kid and his help keep the other two Rangers busy all the time.

Dad is on his second ranger. The first one had a Curtis brand cab on it. The second has factory polaris cab. I liked the winshield better on the Curtis brand but the doors were almost identical. I would probably just go with polaris brand myself. The dealer here will put on anything you buy for no labor. I traded my yamaha rhino of this spring for a new 800 ranger with power steering. I also have a small pickup and you can't compare the two for doing jobs. I put 2000 miles on ranger this summer checking wells working on sprinklers doing fence and stuff. I imagine the time it would take to do all that with a small pickup would be 1.5-2 times longer to do the same jobs. The price per mile on these things is crazy high and it's hard to justify one monetarily but never going to be without one here.

I have the cheapest cab possible on my ranger, poly roof, poly rear window, regular windshield, and the Polaris canvas doors with zippered windows, I also have a heater inside, when its subzero and your going straight into the wind its is just barely comfortable inside, but its still inside. if you are running with the wind or if the temp is anywhere above 0 the heater will actually run you out of the cab, it works very well. Not sure how the aftermarket doors work but Im happy with the Polaris doors.

Soapweed said:
I guarantee a Polaris Ranger will do more than a Ford Ranger ever thought of doing
I haul fire wood with my ford ranger. I can put 10x the wood on it so I will argue that all day long.

4Diamond said:
Soapweed said:
I guarantee a Polaris Ranger will do more than a Ford Ranger ever thought of doing
I haul fire wood with my ford ranger. I can put 10x the wood on it so I will argue that all day long.

I should have stated that differently, :) what I really mean is that a Polaris Ranger will go places that a Ford Ranger could never go, as well as having a shorter turning radius and being more "graceful" in its maneuvering. A Ford Ranger has a bigger box, so it will haul more volume, but probably a thousand pounds would be considered a full load for the Ford, as it would be for a Polaris. They both have their strong points as well as their weak. It's really about like comparing apples and oranges. A Ford Ranger would be a good outfit to take on a road trip to the West Coast, but I wouldn't want to drive my Polaris Ranger that far. :wink:

Most people that criticize the polaris ranger have never had one. I agree there is no way to justify them by price alone. Way too expensive especially with cab and heater like ours.

That being said you would have to pry it out of my cold dead hands before i would be without one. It has the use of a pickup but can get around in the spring/mud with not leaving any tracks or ruts. Also it is suprising how much snow they will go thru.

Also when I trade off our rangers for new ones that hold their value way better than an old ford/chevy, ect.

We got a used 2009 Polaris Ranger 700, in great shape for $6000.It was upgraded to an 800. No cab, but we don't intend to use in in winter time. We can't believe the use we have for it. They are so handy and why be in this business if you can't afford to get something that makes your life easier? We had 2 four-wheelers and sold one to get the Polaris Ranger and we aren't one bit sorry. Since we gave our Scout to our grandson, we bought a 2002 X-Terra (based on BMR's advice) and we paid $6500 for it. So we have both the X-terra and the Polaris for less than the price of a new Polaris. Works for us!

4Diamond said:
farmboy said:
from what I've seen " here " they go no where in cold weather because they are too cold to operate. Or that's what my neighbors say.

Your neighbour's are full of it,i use mine to pull the chop wagon to feed the cows during the winter.No cab no heater and the coldest day last year was minus 54 and the cows got there chop with the polaris.People are getting to soft now a days,tell them to take there panty's off and put there carhartts on!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Great responses!

Am just trying to get ahead of the curve a little bit, and get a different outfit ready for the ladies that bring the ear tags and syringe around when we're out tagging new calves. It's better if they can stay toasty and out of the wind, and when they're happy, well, you know the rest of that deal. :wink: One good thing about a UTV is if they happen to run over a leg, be it man or calf, when they drive up it doesn't break! :D

So is the consensus to maybe avoid the aftermarket product?

3words said:
4Diamond said:
farmboy said:

Your neighbour's are full of it,i use mine to pull the chop wagon to feed the cows during the winter.No cab no heater and the coldest day last year was minus 54 and the cows got there chop with the polaris.People are getting to soft now a days,tell them to take there panty's off and put there carhartts on!!
carhartts are now made in mexico and other tropical regions. Maybe that's the problem

Faster horses said:
We got a used 2009 Polaris Ranger 700, in great shape for $6000.It was upgraded to an 800. No cab, but we don't intend to use in in winter time. We can't believe the use we have for it. They are so handy and why be in this business if you can't afford to get something that makes your life easier? We had 2 four-wheelers and sold one to get the Polaris Ranger and we aren't one bit sorry. Since we gave our Scout to our grandson, we bought a 2002 X-Terra (based on BMR's advice) and we paid $6500 for it. So we have both the X-terra and the Polaris for less than the price of a new Polaris. Works for us!

I hope it was good advice. :tiphat: :tiphat: :tiphat:

Does Jack and his hunting buddies like it? :D

Big Muddy rancher said:
Faster horses said:

I hope it was good advice. :tiphat: :tiphat: :tiphat:

Does Jack and his hunting buddies like it? :D

You bet they do! To get something to replace a SCOUT was something I wasn't sure could be done. :p But I think the X-terra is worthy. And I sure like it a lot better! His hunting buddies are getting long in the tooth and one just had his knee replaced. He was sure glad to not have to climb in and
out of the 2-door Scout. Besides, the Scout has a good home with our grandson. He loves it! Of course, first thing he did was take the top off. :p :wink: :D

Of course, first thing he did was take the top off. :p :wink: :D[/quote]

It's a guy thing :wink:

Latest posts