• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

1st day of Leachman animal abuse trial

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I've always given OT the benefit of the doubt, attributing his misquotes and twisting of words of others to his dishonest nature.

I apologize. Appears he's just stupid.

Thanks for the link, Big Muddy. That 'use' of HSUS, one of the worst enemies of food animal producers is only one incidence of an ag group 'partning' with other groups dangerous to our freedom to operate farms and ranches.

Just one other which comes to mind are the WaterKeepers, a virulent 'environmental' seeking control of water in the country, if not the world.

Callicrates' statement that HSUS are not against eating meat should give none of us ANY comfort whatsoever!

mrj

Oldtimer said:
Bullpuckey-- why even bring up paying witness's for their testimony unless that is what you are insinuating.... Too me its a slap in the face of the law enforcement officers, veterinarians, and Livestock Inspectors that spent countless hours having to work this case...
But with old TB being an anti all government rightwingernut that would like to see the country delve into anarchy- this does not surprise...

OT that is a very good question I often wonder about as well but it's true. The same for attorney's. I've seen both attorneys and expert witnesses testify one way in one case today and a month latter the attorney will be representing the "other side" in an identical case and have the same expert witnesses testifying 180 degrees opposite of what they said in the previous case. All they have to do is rearrange the numbers etc. You should know as a former law inforcement officer than even YOU can make evidence say what you want it to say in court.

And for the last time I'm not a right wingnut....I'm just a very conservative citizen who has voted both democrat and republican many times my life very concerned about the future of my country.

Oldtimer said:
So are you saying you think the Yellowstone County Sheriffs Dept, Montana Dept. of Livestock, Yellowstone County Attornies Office, BIA, etal all conspired together and paid expert witness's to railroad old Leachman... :???:

You have been living too long in wingernut conspiracy land... :roll: :p :lol: :lol:

All I'm saying is that ALL expert witnesses are paid. Do you think they will testify contrary to what the side that hired them wants and expects?? Not if they want to be "hired" again. The "expert" for the other side is saying just the opposite....so one is always lieing. But it doesn't matter because it's just whoever is the most convincing.

Lonecowboy said:
Oldtimer said:
Lonecowboy said:
5 head out of 800+ = .00625%
I wonder what statistics the BLM has on crippled horses?
Should BLM employees be held to these same standards oldtimer?

I would bet that BLM employees are held to much higher standards... quote]

WRONG!

14 dead out of 1639= .0085%
15** dead out of 1799= .0083%
**Includes two horses euthanized in the HMA
due to pre-existing debilitating leg injuries.

so even 13 dead out of 1799= .0072%
all of these percentages are higher than Jim Leachmans.

Now this doesn't indicate if the pre-exsisting debilitating leg injuries were caused by leg bands or not, but I assume not--- gosh you mean horses could get hurt legs with or without leg bands? Whoda thunk it!

I am not defending Leachman or his practices- just pointing out to you and your government loving ways oldtimer that this was NOT justice served. "With Liberty and Justice for all"
Government is holding Jim Leachman to higher standards than they hold themselves to.

Oh- and here is a Link to the information I quoted:

http://www.blm.gov/ca/st/en/fo/eaglelake/wild_horse_and_burro/twinpeaksgather.html

You just hate all government don't you?

Anyone that works with livestock knows that they get injured- and they die- for multiple reasons which are usually beyond anyones control....

Those 5 head are not all the animals within that herd that died or were injured--just those they were sure of they could show that were injured by the lack of proper care .. If I remember right- at one time they looked at lots more counts- but narrowed it down to those....
And I don't think the number of dead animals was ever or could ever be determined...
This isn't any little Texas back 40-- these horses ran in thousands and thousands of acres of rough country on/near the Crow Rez (land he was trespassing on)- so getting a true count of the dead would be extremely difficult....

Oldtimer said:
Lonecowboy said:
Oldtimer said:
I would bet that BLM employees are held to much higher standards... quote]

WRONG!

**Includes two horses euthanized in the HMA
due to pre-existing debilitating leg injuries.

all of these percentages are higher than Jim Leachmans.

Now this doesn't indicate if the pre-exsisting debilitating leg injuries were caused by leg bands or not, but I assume not--- gosh you mean horses could get hurt legs with or without leg bands? Whoda thunk it!

I am not defending Leachman or his practices- just pointing out to you and your government loving ways oldtimer that this was NOT justice served. "With Liberty and Justice for all"
Government is holding Jim Leachman to higher standards than they hold themselves to.

Oh- and here is a Link to the information I quoted:

http://www.blm.gov/ca/st/en/fo/eaglelake/wild_horse_and_burro/twinpeaksgather.html

Anyone that works with livestock knows that they get injured- and they die- for multiple reasons which are usually beyond anyones control....

Those 5 head are not all the animals within that herd that died or were injured--just those they were sure of they could show that were injured by the lack of proper care .. If I remember right- at one time they looked at lots more counts- but narrowed it down to those....
And I don't think the number of dead animals was ever or could ever be determined...
This isn't any little Texas back 40-- these horses ran in thousands and thousands of acres of rough country on/near the Crow Rez (land he was trespassing on)- so getting a true count of the dead would be extremely difficult....

Hittin it a little bit hard tonight are we?
When you sober up go look at that site again- that is just what the government killed working them- NOT how many died on the range.
You big government, liberty hating, libertarians get a little bit sensitive don't you? :D

Lonecowboy said:
Oldtimer said:
Lonecowboy said:

When you sober up go look at that site again- that is just what the government killed working them- NOT how many died on the range.
You big government, liberty hating, libertarians get a little bit sensitive don't you? :D

You sound like one of those bunny hugging nudenik PETA girls now.......Definitely sounds like you have never worked with wild horses...

Your site is about some roundup in California and nothing to do with this one as you try to make it sound...

You and the Texans slap at the Sheriff's and Livestock Detectives and Stock Inspectors does make me a little sensitive....Makes me wonder why you two hate enforcement folks- and/or authority :???:

Big ego, former hi-flyer, abandoned about 1,000 head of horses on land he don't own, for a year or so...

Is that a pwoblum?

http://www.wimp.com/brainsurgeon/

Was OT not at one time a judge?

The thought of someone like him sitting on the bench in judgment of others sends shivers down my spine.

I've never seen someone so full of himself for his "40+ years of law enforcement experience", who with only tiny bits of information can make sweeping statements about the character, integrity, and motives of others.

If OT once wore the badge of "authority", then yeah, everyone is wise to question authority.

Oldtimer said:
Lonecowboy said:
Oldtimer said:

You sound like one of those bunny hugging nudenik PETA girls now.......Definitely sounds like you have never worked with wild horses...

Your site is about some roundup in California and nothing to do with this one as you try to make it sound...

You and the Texans slap at the Sheriff's and Livestock Detectives and Stock Inspectors does make me a little sensitive....Makes me wonder why you two hate enforcement folks- and/or authority :???:

Your a special kinda stupid oldtimer.
I don't hate good government- just tyranical government.
When government holds people to higher standards than they themselves are held to then we no longer have Liberty or Justice- we have Tyranny.
And that I will fight all day long.

I am NOT defending Leachman - just condeming government double standards.
When you have LIVEstock the only other alternative is DEADstock- All stockmen pencil in a certain ammount of death loss- it's just the way it is.
The cost of doing business.
Don't use a different yardstick to measure with just cause is government.

oldtimer wrote

You and the Texans slap at the Sheriff's and Livestock Detectives and Stock Inspectors does make me a little sensitive....Makes me wonder why you two hate enforcement folks- and/or authority

Could it have anything to do with YOU, and your KNOW it all attitude????

You know the i know someone who knew someone who's 3rd cousin slept with someone who knows this as a fact?????
EH R2??????
:D :D :D :D

hopalong said:
oldtimer wrote

You and the Texans slap at the Sheriff's and Livestock Detectives and Stock Inspectors does make me a little sensitive....Makes me wonder why you two hate enforcement folks- and/or authority

You know the i know someone who knew someone who's 3rd cousin slept with someone who knows this as a fact?????
EH R2??????

Hate law enforcement?? Never. But being an officer of the law or a livestock inspector hardly qualifies you to be an expert witness in any trial.
There's a difference in a "witness" and an "EXPERT witness". That's why they charge OT......surely you charged if you were called to be an "expert witness"?? If not you left a world of money on the table. Guess nobody bothered to tell you about it. Why the hell do you think these people would even want to testify at a trial ??? Not as a public service....its about MONEY !!!!!

TexasBred said:
hopalong said:
oldtimer wrote

EH R2??????

Hate law enforcement?? Never. But being an officer of the law or a livestock inspector hardly qualifies you to be an expert witness in any trial.
There's a difference in a "witness" and an "EXPERT witness". That's why they charge OT......surely you charged if you were called to be an "expert witness"?? If not you left a world of money on the table. Guess nobody bothered to tell you about it. Why the hell do you think these people would even want to testify at a trial ??? Not as a public service....its about MONEY !!!!!

WRONG again Texan- In MT you only have to show that you have knowledge on the subject above that of the normal/average person be allowed by the Judge to testify as an "expert"...Education, training, knowledge, and experience in a given field are the factors that render a witness competent to testify as an expert and qualified to give an opinion on a subject within the scope of his or her expertise, rather than any licensing by the state.... Usually once certified by one court- that precedence makes being certified by other courts much easier...

I was certified as an "expert" to testify several times - but since it came as part of my standard professional job description could/would not charge more... State Crime Lab- Brand Inspectors- Detectives- Medical Examiners- FBI experts all testify as just a part of their job -- and get nothing more...

Its the whore professional witness's that will testify anyway an attorney wants that try to charge the huge fees-- which is also what makes their testimony that much less credible... Most are used by the defense to try and create enough of a smoke screen to raise a reasonable doubt...

I don't know of anyone in this trial that was used by the prosecution that would have been a "paid expert"....No fee/wage more than their normal wage... The Defense may have had to pay for Leachmans Missouri friends costs/testimony...

Oldtimer said:
I was certified as an "expert" to testify several times - but since it came as part of my standard professional job description could/would not charge more... State Crime Lab- Brand Inspectors- Detectives- Medical Examiners- FBI experts all testify as just a part of their job -- and get nothing more...

Its the whore professional witness's that will testify anyway an attorney wants that try to charge the huge fees-- which is also what makes their testimony that much less credible... Most are used by the defense to try and create enough of a smoke screen to raise a reasonable doubt...

I don't know of anyone in this trial that was used by the prosecution that would have been a "paid expert"....No fee/wage more than their normal wage... The Defense may have had to pay for Leachmans Missouri friends costs/testimony...

It's the whore law enforcement people who testify simply to get a conviction regardless of the evidence. People are being released right and left based on "new evidence"....some having served 30 years or more due to the prosecution being less than truthful. To be perfectly honest you don't have the information at your disposal to know if the people who testified fo the state were paid or not. Keep in mind OT taht regardless of which side the "expert witneses" testify, by definition they are still "experts" regardless of how much they charge. Maybe the thought is "the more expensive they are the more "expert" they are in the field"?? After reading hundreds of your post I would be scared to death to see you walk into a court room as an expert witness for either side. Someone with no morals or ethics is a nightmare for everyone. You never know how many times they have "whored" themselves since they accepted your fee. [/u][/b]

Larrry said:
Exactly, but you have those that whore themselves for money and some for a little fifteen minutes of fame.

Its the whore professional witness's=oldtimer, that will testify anyway an attorney wants is what I got out of that............ :wink:

Of course, we all know a prosecutor's office would NEVER try to screw a defendant just to get a conviction.

zimmermansplit.jpg

http://ranchers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=61816

Larrry said:
Exactly, but you have those that whore themselves for money and some for a little fifteen minutes of fame.

"Keep the money....just make sure my pic is in the write up and my name mentioned several times......you owe me one Mr. D.A."

Latest posts