• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

2007 Polaris Ranger XP

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I believe that's exactly what mine is. I like a lot of things about it except it has no power steering which I think would be very handy. Only majorish problem I've had is I can't keep coolant in it for some reason, it over pressures and comes out at the rad cap and I'm not clever enough to figure out what's causing it.
It sure is a handy rig, and I'd bet you'd really like that machine.

hayguy said:
without power steering, will you be able to drive it FH?

Well, at this point, I don't know any better. So I wouldn't know what I was missing, would I? :p :wink:

That is Mr. FH concern, too. He thinks I need power steering. I rode in one of these several years ago and just loved it. But I wasn't driving... :D

There I go.....if HE drives, I don't care if it has power steering or not.
Right?

Right. :p

We have had a couple of these rangers. Wife and kids drive it with no power steering. I don't think you would have any troubles.

No power steering is not a problem with a Ranger. I am not sure whether a 2007 still has a carburetor but we definitely like the fuel injected one better than the carb one of our rangers.

Faster, if you go fast enough all you have to do is hang on and it goes where it wants and if it is foggy enough it doesn't matter where it goes because if all looks the same. :wink:

Thanks you guys! That is so good to know. I think when I read about it, it does have fuel injection. I will double check that. We have nephews where this unit is located and we could have them go check it out for us.

What do you think of the price? Does that sound about right?

Again, THANKS!

Per, what was the sxs you had when were there (and your dad took Mr.
FH on that WILD ride?) :p :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That was so
much fun!

Edited to add:

Oh, I see. It's a POLARIS! (Duh, you said that earlier. What year is yours?)

:D

Price sounds fair. One thing to watch out for are the front CV joints. I am sure that the 2007 would be fuel injected.

The price is good and none power steering wont be a problem.

Is this your first sxs?

My '07 700 XP is fuel injected. Also, CV joints are a piece of cake to replace and not that expensive to buy. There are better aftermarket parts than Polaris parts, and if you get the CV / + axle it makes changing the fronts a 20 minute job. I think mine cost around $180 so I imagine in your neck of the woods you'd get them for far less.

TXDirt said:
The price is good and none power steering wont be a problem.

Is this your first sxs?

It is.
I talked to the dealer and they will take $4995 for the 2007 and $6500 for
a 2009 with 3300 miles. Both machines look good, but what do I know?

Both are fuel injected. Neither have power steering, however, power steering could be added to the 2009 for $1200. For that price, I'd try it without power steering first.

Here is the 2007. Tell me what you think, everyone:

http://www.atvtraderonline.com/listing/2007-Polaris-Ranger-XP-110855927

Here is the 2009:
http://www.atvtraderonline.com/listing/2009-Polaris-Ranger-XP-110822087

THANKS!

There was a '12 Polaris Ranger 500 on our local party line this morning w/1950 miles....$6800, included roof and windshield. Probably farther than you'd like, but I'll PM you with the information if you want.

Faster horses said:
We hadn't looked at a 500. I'll go check them out.

What can you tell me about them? Are they just a lot smaller?
I'll watch for a PM from you. Thanks!

They are called a mid-sized machine, but I have never been around one.

I wouldn't be scared to jump on the '07. Your link for the '09 just takes me back to the '07...lol... The price is right and it doesn't look too bad. One nice thing about buying from a reputable dealer is that 9 times out of 10 they have already checked the machine out to make sure it's not junk and it will come with a fresh service.

Power steering isn't a big issue. The machines are light enough and nimble enough you don't have to work hard to steer them. I can drive mine with a drink in one hand and steer with the other.

Since it is your first sxs a 500 will be ok. They have some pep and will do the same work as an 800. The biggest draw back is if you want to play you will notice a lack in power if you need to really spin the tires hard (like hill climbing or deap mud/ snow), I believe they have a lighter load capacity (still able to do the work of most sxs).

I don't think power steering is a big deal. Up until just a couple of years ago it wasn't available on any of these machines that I know of. I have a 2012 Gator 825i and it doesn't have power steering although now you can get it. Just keep your thumb out of the steering wheel because if you hit a bump with one front wheel it can whirl the steering wheel and really hurt your thumb.
Our local Polaris dealer told me they depreciate pretty fast from new price because the new ones always have financing available and nobody finances the used ones around here so folks have to come up with cash and most don't have it. Consequently it is tough to sell used ones and they can't offer a lot for trades. Just my 2 cents.

TXDirt said:
I wouldn't be scared to jump on the '07. Your link for the '09 just takes me back to the '07...lol... The price is right and it doesn't look too bad. One nice thing about buying from a reputable dealer is that 9 times out of 10 they have already checked the machine out to make sure it's not junk and it will come with a fresh service.

Power steering isn't a big issue. The machines are light enough and nimble enough you don't have to work hard to steer them. I can drive mine with a drink in one hand and steer with the other.

Since it is your first sxs a 500 will be ok. They have some pep and will do the same work as an 800. The biggest draw back is if you want to play you will notice a lack in power if you need to really spin the tires hard (like hill climbing or deap mud/ snow), I believe they have a lighter load capacity (still able to do the work of most sxs).

Sorry about posting a link to the 07 twice. Here's the 09:

Thanks guys, you have been a big help.

So, if the 500 will work, we could get a newer machine.
Decisions, decisions.
:? :???: :p

Red Barn Angus said:
I don't think power steering is a big deal. Up until just a couple of years ago it wasn't available on any of these machines that I know of. I have a 2012 Gator 825i and it doesn't have power steering although now you can get it. Just keep your thumb out of the steering wheel because if you hit a bump with one front wheel it can whirl the steering wheel and really hurt your thumb.
Our local Polaris dealer told me they depreciate pretty fast from new price because the new ones always have financing available and nobody finances the used ones around here so folks have to come up with cash and most don't have it. Consequently it is tough to sell used ones and they can't offer a lot for trades. Just my 2 cents.

I think that is happening more and more. Cars, furniture, atvs, wonder where it will end? Or when?

Thanks for the info. I'll keep my thumb where it belongs... :D

Faster horses said:
TXDirt said:

Sorry about posting a link to the 07 twice. Here's the 09:

Thanks guys, you have been a big help.

So, if the 500 will work, we could get a newer machine.
Decisions, decisions.
:? :???: :p

I see that one's red. We bought a different bike, Polaris sportsman. A pretty lively yellow. Other one we were looking at was camo. Camo don't work for me---I don't go where I ain't supposed to, if somebody's looking for me, I want them to find me---and still tend to get a little wild when cowboying or lookin' around. One of my good buddy's tipped one over a few yrs ago--on hisself and couldn't get it off---family was on the ball enough to call a couple of friends that had helped ride quite a bit---found him about 4 hours after dark---quite a bit of hospital time, skin grafts, etc, from that deal.

Latest posts