• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

$3.00+ Corn is a coming!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Northern Rancher good idea......as for the cow/calf boys being cocky they are plenty cocky and I am as guilty as anyone. Good prices for good cattle should make a producer proud. Unfortunately their is a fine line between feeling good and proud of what you and your family have accomplished and being perceived as being cocky! I guess that is a matter of one's opinion of what is proud and what is arogant. I do know the over whelmingly majority of folks in agriculture both grain and cattle are a very proud, hard working , and kind group of people. I would say it would not matter if a farming or ranching family really needed help, politics, organizatin preference, and everything else would go out the window and we would band together to help that family.......how come we can not band together to help ourselves??? :???:

Oldtimer said:
agman said:
agman said:
I do not know but have contacts that can fill me in on them in short order. I will get back with some information tomorrow.

Back today...

Itoham Foods specializes in protein in a variety of forms. The Japanese company manufactures and sells fresh and processed meat products, including bacon, ham, and sausage, along with frozen foods, such as chicken and pizza. Itoham Foods operates feedlots in its home country as well as in Australia and New Zeland, for export to Japan. Fresh meat accounts for more than 50% of the company's sales. Its US subsidiary, California-based American Peptide Company, produces peptides and processes used by pharmaceutical and biotech companies to research and develop new drugs. Itoham Foods has plans to make and sell ham and sausages in China via a joint venture partnership with three local companies there. reprinted from Hoover's Online

Thanks Agman- I wonder if USDA or CFIA will be allowed to give any packers permission to give them tested beef if Japan and/or the Asian Rim countries agree to accept it? :???: :? ......

There is no assurance the Japanese government will approve this. Remember this is a company that has made this statement. That does not represent the official government position at this time. I have stated this previously.

the chief said:
So, lost exports is $93/head. Loss of domestic demand is $100/head.
That total $193/head, right?

That is what COULD happen? but since domestic demand is dropping since 2004, how much of that is blamed on Rcalf? I'm sure you guys will say "all of it", but that can not be true.
I would think part of it can be blamed on less people doing the Atkins diet. Since the old bird died, you hear less and less about his diet. And, if truly honest, most of the demand INCREASE in recent years is attributed to him.

So realistically, loss of $100/head is probably due to death of Atkins than anything else. Evidently, the consumer is making decisions based on what THEY want, not what YOU believe.

As for $93/head, exports are down because of our closeness to Canada, right? When THEY got BSE, our export markets died. Since then US has had a case. Our govt. is trying to resume trade relations with Japan, etc.
And since you guys assure me that NCBA and AMI do NOT influence politicians, then I don't see how RCalf can be responsible for anything either.

Just my rambling thoughts. Hope you are all celebrating INDEPENDENCE day, whatever it is you consider yourself to be independent from.

No, your math is wrong. Chief, no wonder you have had problems in business. The $93 dollars is the per head revenue loss due to lost exports in 2004. The loss in domestic demand is seperate issue and does not equal $100. Domestic demand declined 2% during the first quarter of 2005. That demand erosion began to surface in the second quarter of 2004, or one year ago.

Latest posts