• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

A lack of comprehension

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Whitewing said:
How does one volunteer for the draft?

One would think that in all your years of exploits, bragging and being a regular blow-hard you would have heard of someone volunteering for the draft.

Bullhauler said:
Whitewing said:
How does one volunteer for the draft?

One would think that in all your years of exploits, bragging and being a regular blow-hard you would have heard of someone volunteering for the draft.

:lol: Bad night Tuesday? :lol:

Whitewing said:
Soapweed said:
Somehow this seems to apply. :wink:

Wet Paint Syndrome

The secret little things we do in life when we think others aren't looking or when our curiosity is aroused by a sign that is posted telling us not to do something. Inspired by the corridor that you walk down for 20 years without touching the walls. Then one day you smell fresh paint and the corridor has been roped off with signs that say "Don't Touch - Wet Paint." An overwhelming urge comes over us to touch the wall.

The family was at the zoo and one of the boys saw a sign that said "Do Not Feed the Animals." He immediately walked to a concession kiosk and bought a bag of peanuts to feed the monkeys. He was inspired by the Wet Paint Syndrome into doing something he shouldn't be doing.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=wet%20paint%20syndrome

I know if I saw OT in a cage I'd have an overwhelming urge to poke him with a stick. :D
Or feed him a big bucket of Ultra-High Octane chocolate laxative.

This is the reason for all the training

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVeb15eVPWA

littlejoe said:
that's a training video.

not an especially good one.

yer a dope.

kinda a dopey one.

go paint a sign.

or polish yer bullet, barney.

I would not expect you to understand, you seem to have an IQ less than 1/2 your age.

There are 3 kinds of people in this world - - - Sheep, Wolves and Sheepdogs - - - the reason most sheep are allowed to live is due to the diligence of the Sheepdogs.

In the video ( dash cam not training ) the Sheepdog was at a disadvantage against the 2 wolves until his partner helped out. My dog is trained to stay quiet until I snap my fingers or until he perceives a threat - - - looks like a well trained dog to me. That is why I never approach a vehicle without rolling the rear right ( so dog does not jump into traffic ) window down.

Go crawl back in your helmet and cry while the Sheepdogs in your area allow you to lead a safe life. With the help of the Sheepdogs in your area even someone with the IQ of a rock can survive - - - you seem to be proof of that.

George said:
littlejoe said:
that's a training video.

not an especially good one.

yer a dope.

kinda a dopey one.

go paint a sign.

or polish yer bullet, barney.

I would not expect you to understand, you seem to have an IQ less than 1/2 your age.

There are 3 kinds of people in this world - - - Sheep, Wolves and Sheepdogs - - - the reason most sheep are allowed to live is due to the diligence of the Sheepdogs.

In the video ( dash cam not training ) the Sheepdog was at a disadvantage against the 2 wolves until his partner helped out. My dog is trained to stay quiet until I snap my fingers or until he perceives a threat - - - looks like a well trained dog to me. That is why I never approach a vehicle without rolling the rear right ( so dog does not jump into traffic ) window down.

Go crawl back in your helmet and cry while the Sheepdogs in your area allow you to lead a safe life. With the help of the Sheepdogs in your area even someone with the IQ of a rock can survive - - - you seem to be proof of that.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :nod: :lol2: :lol2:

What kind of person is this "Little Joe"????
Sounds like he belongs with the same people that destroyed Ferguson, Mo.
No sense or comprehension of the law.

Richardd said:
What kind of person is this "Little Joe"????
Sounds like he belongs with the same people that destroyed Ferguson, Mo.
No sense or comprehension of the law.

I think he's a guy that's done his share of "sheepdog duty"

Love your dogs, BTW. I used to have a grey German Shepherd almost identical to your pup. He was no guard dog though. LOL We did pull the wolf trick on a few people though, and I used to have people cross the street when I walked him at night.

This is what I have now. She's our security guard, and one heck of a cattle dog too.

My dad use to tell of a dog they had back in the 60s. Stubby was a German Shepard. Dad said he was the best cow dog he'd ever had or seen. He was stolen once by some others that had ridden with my dad and grandpa gathering cows. The people that took him lived about 400 miles away. Dad said about a month later stubby came home pretty much starved to death. My grandma who is 91 still talks of stubby like he was one of the family. Some dogs live forever in the memories of those they ranched with.

German shepherds make great livestock dogs when trained properly and the great thing is they are so willing to learn.

I have owned dozens but still a couple stand out as outstanding!

An update

The good Lord has used Littlejoe to prod me into better training.

I have now added a session where the dog is sitting in the car with the windows down and a stranger in a bite suit comes up and starts shouting and making a fool of himself. The dog is to remain in the car barking until I give the attack command or until the idiot starts to attack me.

We already had training where the bite suit would be outside a gate yelling and banging on the gate trying to call the dog out while I am walking the dog. The dog is to ignore the idiot ( Little Joe) totally unless I give an attack command or he comes over or thru the fence.

I had not considered this type of training - - - every once in a while my brain needs a kick in the pants and if I listen the good Lord will provide that.

Thank you Little Joe for showing me where I needed to improve!

"I think he's a guy that's done his share of "sheepdog duty" "

Richard---when I first saw this post quoted, I did not know what to make of it.

So I went back and read it for the first time.

I want to thank you so much!

I find Soapweed's high school journal tremendously touching.

I was a very innocent kid, a couple yrs older, in very similar setting, growing up.

I have memories of some of the same days on which he posts.

I have thought of posting where I was that day, what was happening, the feelings, the fears, the friends

I've thought about telling about how there was only a tiny drop of blood on waxy looking dead

Vietnamese guys forehead--but when I rolled him over with my boot, the whole back of his head was blown off. Actually, a big chunk kinda fell off. My first.
I've thought about the riding up north in a jammed 130--but coming back months later with very few, being invited into cockpit by a lt colonel and to sit for a while and him giving me a glass of warm coolade. And the fact that it was warm. And how it tasted . And how a lt col, apologized to me--cause the coolade was warm. It was lime coolade.

I've thought about Hue in '68, wondering if there was one building in town without at least a few bullet holes in it.

I consider the days now 'extra time'---almost all the guys I was with are dead. The 3 that shot themselves---many yrs later---I dunno, it left me feeling so--what? open--vacant--hopeless--helpless?
Most nights, I get to do lots of thinking.

Richard--I want to thank you from the very bottem of my heart.

George said:
An update

The good Lord has used Littlejoe to prod me into better training.

I have now added a session where the dog is sitting in the car with the windows down and a stranger in a bite suit comes up and starts shouting and making a fool of himself. The dog is to remain in the car barking until I give the attack command or until the idiot starts to attack me.

We already had training where the bite suit would be outside a gate yelling and banging on the gate trying to call the dog out while I am walking the dog. The dog is to ignore the idiot ( Little Joe) totally unless I give an attack command or he comes over or thru the fence.

I had not considered this type of training - - - every once in a while my brain needs a kick in the pants and if I listen the good Lord will provide that.

Thank you Little Joe for showing me where I needed to improve!

Your an ass George

I add my thanks to you lj, and to other veterans of wars, for your service to our nation. I had several friends, and at least three cousins over there. One of them didn't come back. The government told his family he or his pilot was the 100th US military man lost there. Another died at age 61 of a sudden and unexpected heart attack a few years ago.

mrj

Latest posts