• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

All you 7730 owners come hither..

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I hate to say it but it could be the pistol loosing compression if it making noise and has no power. Our 4020 was doing that when the wife and I was harvesting peacans. She was driving it so I picked at her that she blew the motor up. The motor had 40 working year before it blew.

I think we will video it for all you chair side mechanics..... I have one of those flip video camaras and Carter is home so he can video while hubby is driving.....

you did not mention the colour of exhaust- white (cold engine) can be a sign of preheating problems(cold cylinder) -injector leak down, air leakage and even incorrect spray patterns(injectors). When the tech was there was the problem present? If this is an ongoing problem get the jd warranty rep for the area involved,just because there is no no codes does not make a non warranty issue. They can make a data recording from the computer and send it to jd engineering for analysis to try and find the problem if the local tech cant figure it out.

black smoke....... I had to throw a fit on the phone to get a mechanic to come out... :oops: soooooo there for they really didn't want to help us.... Just kinda wrung their hands and said no codes I can't help you....... Wait till I drive that tractor throught all that plate glass at the dealership.... I will take a run at the hill!!! :wink: :mad:

katrina said:
black smoke....... I had to throw a fit on the phone to get a mechanic to come out... :oops: soooooo there for they really didn't want to help us.... Just kinda wrung their hands and said no codes I can't help you....... Wait till I drive that tractor throught all that plate glass at the dealership.... I will take a run at the hill!!! :wink: :mad:

Make sure hubby is there w/video camera in hand. I DO wanna see this . . . :shock:

burnt said:
katrina said:

Make sure hubby is there w/video camera in hand. I DO wanna see this . . . :shock:

With music!!! How do ya like me now by tracy lawrance...

Just joking!!!!! :twisted: :D

Faster horses said:
'How do you like me now' was a Toby Keith song. :nod:

So it's Toby Keith you like and not Tracey Lawrence... :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :gag:

Are you sure that's a John Deere tractor, katrina???? :wave:

Yeah that's the song!!! :oops: :oops: I'm blonde....

Drivethe 7730 to the dealers and park it next to the road with a sign saying the tractor is a lemon and the dealer refuses to help you even though it is still under waranty. :D It might not hurt to invite the local news station for a few pictures.

Brother in Law is looking for a used tractor; couple of guys told him that the JD 10 & 20 series were pretty good but JD screwed up big time on the 30 series and reccomended he stay away from them.
Not sure but does the 30 series have emission controls? That could be a good starting point for diagnostic problem solving.......truck diesels are improved immensely by scrapping the entire emission controls & installing cheater electronics to make the dam things run like a diesel engine should!

It could be as simple as your ignition key is bad . THe key runs everything from , fuel pump , to cam senser , to fuel shut off .

See if your fuel supply is flowing right , you could have something lose in the tank .

The cam senser tells the tractor when to fire its injectors , & if your fuel shut off & your ignition switch are fighting all the time it will not run right at all .

You could have a bare spot on a wire going to intermittent ground .

Just sayin

Give me a Belarus anyday. They are crude but very simple the amount of electronic uneeded gadgets are limited.

This thread should be printed, published as a manual and be required reading on the counter of every John Deere dealer in the land! No angle left uncovered! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts