• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Ammunition Control

Help Support Ranchers.net:

hopalong said:
What about all those pressurized cans of pam, fly spray, spray paint, etc etc, should they be stored in a fire proof safe, I have seen some of them become pretty dangerous when exposed to fire!

It was an old can of biscuits that got me.

There are enough chemicals under just about everyone's sink to cause a catastrophe.

Kolo if I ever get in a Wally World again, I'll check. The gun shop had what I needed. I am not naive enough to think I would single handedly take out a whole army. :D Perhaps some think Rambo was real. I dunno

Most home insurance companies, if you have a house worth enough to undergo their inspection, will make you either remove things like spray paint cans etc from your home OR secure them in a fireproof fashion.

If you garage is in the lower level of your home like mine is you will have to use required fireproof materials on the interior. I had to do this as I have a 4 car garage area on the lower level of the house. I had to use these materials and of course they were 5x as expensive as everything else!!!! :roll: :roll:

Many companies that insure commercial buildings also have the same type of codes.

Cooking sprays etc things like that, I think are manufactured in a different manner that makes them not as dangerous.

But I'm sure Hoppy will work all day to find more than enough to try and prove this wrong. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Yeah, it's true that the ammunition won't become a projectile when burning. It will blow up, but without being chambered it won't go anywhere. Back in college, one of my fraternity brothers truck cought on fire, probably a cigar ash smoldering all night. We woke up to the fire department waking us up and evacuating the building, some were ignoring the alarm thinking the steam from the shower set it off again. Ironically he was parked in the fire lane, only damage it did to the house was melt the mailbox. I'm off track, he had shells in the glovebox. They started cooking off but they didn't go anywhere.

kolanuraven said:
But I'm sure Hoppy will work all day to find more than enough to try and prove this wrong. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Probably not since it doesn't have anything to do with ammunition legislation.

it is not what is inside those pressure cans but it is whatever propellant is use to dispense them.

Even the cans of compressed air whis is non flamable is dangerous if exposed to a flame.
I just made a quick check of items in my house that underpressure and will explode if subjected to heat and or flame!

WD 40, RAID, SPRAY STARCH, FURNITURE POLISH, OFF, SHAVING CREME, PAM, AND COMPRESSED AIR.
I am sure there are more but this was just a quick check,

And boogie you are right, the topic got changed from ammo control to BUYING ammo and keeping it is dangerous?

Latest posts