• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Anyone up for A Ranchersnet Get-together Early Sept.???

Help Support Ranchers.net:

nr, why don't you make it easy on yourself and go with the Deadwood Gulch deal. It sounds the simplest. And I think the food is pretty darn good at any of those places; there is alot of competition there. If someone wants Prime Rib and it is not on the menu they can stick around and have it for supper.

I like the idea of a private room with no strings attached. No sense worrying about something you have no control over.

How's that?

Jinglebob said:
I wouldn't get too excited about how good the food is, after all I don't think any of us are going for the meal, but the get together of all us wild and crazy folks who post here. I'm sure that any place you decide on will be fine.

I was in Deadwood yesterday for the Days of 76 steer tripping and drove right by the Comfort Inn. It's not hard to find, just take Hiway 385 south out of Deadwood. Deadwood is in a small, narrow, twisting valley and it's strung out quite a ways. But there are good road signs for the tourists and us "challenged" drivers!

I think a private room would be better and then if there is any picking and singing and poetry spouting, no one else will either have to suffer or enjoy said proceedings! :lol:

OK, thank you JingleBob and Faster Horses. We'll go with Deadwood Gulch Resort. Also thanks for the route number and directions. I'll post that on the updated Sticky.
I was thinking it would be a good idea to have some cell phone numbers for folks to call in case they get delayed so they can at least catch up with some of the group should they happen to miss the 1PM meeting.
Will cell phones work in that area?

Faster horses said:
nr, why don't you make it easy on yourself and go with the Deadwood Gulch deal. It sounds the simplest. And I think the food is pretty darn good at any of those places; there is alot of competition there. If someone wants Prime Rib and it is not on the menu they can stick around and have it for supper.

I like the idea of a private room with no strings attached. No sense worrying about something you have no control over.

How's that?

100% agreed!!! Boy, am i looking forward to Sept 1st!!!! :D :D :D

The attendee list is up to 14!!! OOOOOweeeeeeee! :D

The updated restaurant info is on the Sticky as well as those signed up.

Would it help if we all took a square of white paper and put a big black letter "R" on it to identify ourselves like a nametag in case some get in the area early? Or is that too dorky for Ranchers ?

cell phones might work.

I vote no on the papers. Just tell the people at the desk that you are with ranchers net. That ought to be good enough. Hope more show up. Talked to ej the other night and he said he might be able to make it.

Jinglebob said:
cell phones might work.

I vote no on the papers. Just tell the people at the desk that you are with ranchers net. That ought to be good enough. Hope more show up. Talked to ej the other night and he said he might be able to make it.

That would be great if EJ could come! And others.
We have 15 attending so far! :!:

The count is 16 attending. :D :D Do I hear 17? 17?

Feel free to bring a friend.

You guys are making me green with envy 'cuz I can't be there. Had plans made for that week for a loong time. Plus a friend's wedding to attend.

But I'll sure be thinking of y'all. And listening to the news for any reports of riots breaking out in Deadwood Gulch, SD. Wouldn't Oldtimer be in his glory? :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :nod: :nod: :help:

Maple Leaf Angus said:
You guys are making me green with envy 'cuz I can't be there. Had plans made for that week for a loong time. Plus a friend's wedding to attend.

But I'll sure be thinking of y'all. And listening to the news for any reports of riots breaking out in Deadwood Gulch, SD. Wouldn't Oldtimer be in his glory? :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :nod: :nod: :help:

Maple Leaf- I'd have a ball watching this old fart group riot :lol: :lol: I think I could even handle it....

Every post someone adds makes me drool more about being there-- but I still doubt I'll make it --400 acres of flax and 400 acres of wheat have a stronger beckon-- some of which could actually be worth something-- (definitely not the $1.50 they are paying now for wheat :cry: :???: )

The last time I was in Deadwood was 30 some years ago with a new bride who almost killed me when I spent a day with her spellbound in the Reptile Gardens during the trip ( she hates snakes).......My bride agrees she would love the trip-but unless its raining or we're hailed out I'll just have to leave rancher or Haymaker to police the situation :lol: :lol:
I don't think I've been out of the county between June 1 to Dec 1 for the last 6-7 years unless it was for a rodeo or horse sale.........Just too busy a time.....

But the good news--I did finish swathing the last of the first cutting hayfields yesterday-- and caught up with the balers hauling them off today- only have about 70 acres left to bale-- I have never saw so much hay- hell of a problem :D :D Some of the second cutting alfalfa is already shooting blossoms after being irrigated.....

Oldtimer said:
Maple Leaf Angus said:

Maple Leaf- I'd have a ball watching this old fart group riot :lol: :lol: I think I could even handle it....

Every post someone adds makes me drool more about being there-- but I still doubt I'll make it --400 acres of flax and 400 acres of wheat have a stronger beckon-- some of which could actually be worth something-- (definitely not the $1.50 they are paying now for wheat :cry: :???: )

The last time I was in Deadwood was 30 some years ago with a new bride who almost killed me when I spent a day with her spellbound in the Reptile Gardens during the trip ( she hates snakes).......My bride agrees she would love the trip-but unless its raining or we're hailed out I'll just have to leave rancher or Haymaker to police the situation :lol: :lol:
I don't think I've been out of the county between June 1 to Dec 1 for the last 6-7 years unless it was for a rodeo or horse sale.........Just too busy a time.....

But the good news--I did finish swathing the last of the first cutting hayfields yesterday-- and caught up with the balers hauling them off today- only have about 70 acres left to bale-- I have never saw so much hay- hell of a problem :D :D Some of the second cutting alfalfa is already shooting blossoms after being irrigated.....

Well, if it rains or hails just come on down, OT. We don't want to hear anymore excuses. It might even be better for your health to take a break from that work don't you think :( You'd make the count 18.

Oldtimer - I'd be interested in hearing what it was that almost killed you with your new bride some thirty years ago . . .

. . .oh, then again, maybe you wouldn't want to tell us . . . :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maple Leaf Angus said:
Oldtimer - I'd be interested in hearing what it was that almost killed you with your new bride some thirty years ago . . .

. . .oh, then again, maybe you wouldn't want to tell us . . . :lol: :lol: :lol:

I wish it was what you thought :wink:

Have you ever been to the Reptile Gardens? The venomous snakes are all behind glass but they had a huge atrium area in the center made out to be like a jungle where they let the nonvenomous snakes and lizards travel at will--While walking thru this area a big snake dropped out of a tree right down hanging in front of her-- took me a month to get the fingernail bruises out of my arm :lol: :lol:-- and I never did recover my hearing :???:

Oldtimer said:
Maple Leaf Angus said:

ONE DAY IS NOT GONNA KILL YA, OLDTIMER!!!! I'm counting on meeting you, so do not let me down!!!! By the way, loved the story of your bride, the bruises on your arm and the loss of hearing!!! pretty darned funny!! :wink:

Latest posts