• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Anyone up for A Ranchersnet Get-together Early Sept.???

Help Support Ranchers.net:

feeder

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 12, 2005
Messages
950
Reaction score
0
Location
Iowa
OT, now I let the cat out of the bag. Yes I like to sit at the machines, nobody bothers me there and I'm in my own little world. I might be a grandma but look out, I still know how to roar!!!! LOL Just became an old biker babe this month! Hubby bought a cycle and we plan to tour our beautiful USA, if and when the farm permits. Take care with your haying.
 

katrina

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 14, 2005
Messages
8,773
Reaction score
2
Location
East north east of Soapweed
OOOPS I meant a Goldwing..... :oops: :oops: :oops: Sounds like you are ready for the road. I have a friend who goldwings it. And I guess if you have any trouble, they have members who if they are close will help you. PS Save me a seat at the blckjack tabel in deadwood. Our favorite bar there is a biker bar. Way more friendlier than the rest. Can't remember the name.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
feeder said:
OT, now I let the cat out of the bag. Yes I like to sit at the machines, nobody bothers me there and I'm in my own little world. I might be a grandma but look out, I still know how to roar!!!! LOL Just became an old biker babe this month! Hubby bought a cycle and we plan to tour our beautiful USA, if and when the farm permits. Take care with your haying.

I think thats great :clap: You have to think and act young or you do get old....Some of the stunts my grandkids get me into keeps me younger...

Haying is really going slow- heaviest hay I've ever cut-slow cutting and taking forever for the heavy windrows to cure out----which I guess is good but at the rate we're going we may not be done until Christmas...Have about 80 acres baled, another 80 lying on the ground and about another 120 acres of irrigated still to cut--then will start on the dryland and prairie hay.....Have about 200 acres of that we could cut- but since we're getting so much off the irrigated we may not cut all and instead pasture it in the fall.....
 

feeder

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 12, 2005
Messages
950
Reaction score
0
Location
Iowa
I sure hope you don't put it up in small bales!! We use to do that, and every year I would stop the tractor too fast a time or two and someone would fall off the rack. Of course there would be choice words said. Oh, the memories are wonderful.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
I will tell you what, Deadwood can be a fun place, and with lots of history there to boot. My ansestors(sp) all put in some time up there working during the mining boom in some fashion. I am glad they got out of there before it was too late. :D

Lots of good food that is reasonably priced, and just a fun atmosphere. Maybe agman could put on his "seminar" in conjunction with the festivities.

If you can get the former "rancher" there, maybe I might make an appearance. It is just 80 miles from my doorstep. :!: That is if everyone agrees on Deadwood in the first place.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Ha Ha, just thought about what I wrote about my relatives working in Deadwood "in some fashion", and no, don't get the wrong idea!!!!!!

Other than my great grandpa who liked to work and have fun, they mostly just worked.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
feeder said:
I sure hope you don't put it up in small bales!! We use to do that, and every year I would stop the tractor too fast a time or two and someone would fall off the rack. Of course there would be choice words said. Oh, the memories are wonderful.

Nope- none of those little idiot cubes- all big rounds- not really much physical labor except unplugging plugged up swather or crimper from the heavy hay...Don't think my body could handle those little bales again- altho years ago I stacked a many--During high school we thought it was really neat to get paid 2 or 3 cents a bale for hauling and stacking- all the while getting in shape for football......Couple guys could make $30+ a day- Big Money then :)
 

Big Muddy rancher

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
22,161
Reaction score
389
Location
Big Muddy valley
Oldtimer said:
feeder said:
I sure hope you don't put it up in small bales!! We use to do that, and every year I would stop the tractor too fast a time or two and someone would fall off the rack. Of course there would be choice words said. Oh, the memories are wonderful.

Nope- none of those little idiot cubes- all big rounds- not really much physical labor except unplugging plugged up swather or crimper from the heavy hay...Don't think my body could handle those little bales again- altho years ago I stacked a many--During high school we thought it was really neat to get paid 2 or 3 cents a bale for hauling and stacking- all the while getting in shape for football......Couple guys could make $30+ a day- Big Money then :)


$30 bucks seems like big money these days with 20 cent cows. :cowboy:
 

Big Muddy rancher

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
22,161
Reaction score
389
Location
Big Muddy valley
Faster horses said:
Well, we can probably find you a job stacking hay then. :lol: :lol:


That would be putting my back where my mouth is. :wink: :cowboy: Besides you would want me in your hay fields as my Emoticon Smokes. :cowboy:
 

frenchie

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
564
Reaction score
0
Location
nw manitoba
Anybody here remember riding sloop . Old neighbor here baled for dad.If he thought you were not working .He shifted up.Old bugger never looked back or so it seemed.
 

Denny

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
5,624
Reaction score
0
Location
Mn usa
frenchie said:
Anybody here remember riding sloop . Old neighbor here baled for dad.If he thought you were not working .He shifted up.Old bugger never looked back or so it seemed.

Thats how it is baleing with my brother he never looks back bales falling on the ground and he just keeps plugging along...... :mad: :mad:
 

Hanta Yo

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 11, 2005
Messages
3,657
Reaction score
20
Location
South Central Montana
For all it's worth, the National Beef Cookoff will be happening in Rapid City, SD Sept 19-21. This is where some of your Beef Checkoff dollars goes, and it is so close to us I will make it a point to go. Those of you who are members of CattleWomen will have many beef recipes from the winners of this competition. What a better way to promote BEEF and put all our "garbage" behind!

Just a thought.

Hanta Yo
 

DOC HARRIS

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 4, 2005
Messages
821
Reaction score
0
Location
Ft. Collins, CO
nr said:
Some months ago some of us talked about a get-together in some "central" location when I mentioned I'll be out west (Colorado) for a combination vacation/business trip and then plan on traveling around and seeing some other areas. Is anyone still interested in a restaurant get-together? MRJ had listed a couple towns she thought might be central to a variety of states though I can't find the list in the archives. :? My time-frame seems to be anywhere from Sep 3 through 12.

I posted this by mistake here first, meant to put it in Coffee Shop forum but perhaps it should be both places in case you aren't a coffee drinker!
Let us know where (if in Colorado) and if before Sept 11 and we'll try to make it. Will we need name tags? :lol:
 

Mike

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
28,480
Reaction score
0
Location
Montgomery, Al
Soapweed said:
Name tags wouldn't do any good. All that would be needed is the cool little pictures on our avatars. :)

Avatars could be copied. I vote for RFID tags for "source verification". :wink:
 

Latest posts

Top