• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

bad milk

Help Support Ranchers.net:

cowhunter

Reaction score
I got a calf with the scoures. She was born yesterday. Her mamas a good lookin cracker that stays fat and has a good bag. But her calf died lastyear from the same thing. I think her milks to rich. I tryed to catch this calf and did but the mama put me under the truck. I half all ideays this calf will be dead in the mornin. I'll load her mama up and haul her off next gathern.

she would be gone simply for running me under the truck!

no place for a bitchy additude here. we walk amongst the cows and work the calves with no thought at all to the cows taking us....

It's probably not that it's too rich, but that it is toxic some how.

We had that happen once, a long time ago. I hate to say it was
a Hereford cow. We were dumb enough to graft another calf
on her and it died too.

Sometimes being young and ambitious isn't so good... :p

Calves do NOT get scours from colostrum. Your cow most likely has mastitis and the calves are starving.

Take the calf asap and get some groceries into her. Colostrum in her right now as the anti bodies can still be absorbed.

Get said cow and strip her to see what the heck is going on.

jigs said:

no place for a bitchy additude here. we walk amongst the cows and work the calves with no thought at all to the cows taking us....

And your helpful comment would be ??????????/

hillsdown said:
jigs said:

Either you like getting chased under the truck or you don't. Lifes to short and bodies are too fragile, unless you have a frequebt flier miles to use at the hospital.

Second calf...

Larrry said:
hillsdown said:
jigs said:

Either you like getting chased under the truck or you don't. Lifes to short and bodies are too fragile, unless you have a frequebt flier miles to use at the hospital.

Second calf...

This has no relevancy to the original post ,but then again the original poster seems not to care ,so why why the hell should we... :wink:

hillsdown said:
[

I tryed to catch this calf and did but the mama put me under the truck

sell the cow based on the idea she takes you, no matter what the problem with the milk is, she has a bad attitude that I would not tolerate.

thought I explained it plain and simple.... you want him to go strip her out? guy will wind up beat to hell!

jigs said:
hillsdown said:
[

I tried to catch this calf and did but the mama put me under the truck

sell the cow based on the idea she takes you, no matter what the problem with the milk is, she has a bad attitude that I would not tolerate.

thought I explained it plain and simple.... you want him to go strip her out? guy will wind up beat to hell!

then tell him to pull the frickin calf,, obviously this person is wayyyyyyyy over their head when it comes to calving.

I am out of this as you cannot fix stupid no matter how good the information given to you is .. :roll: Besides the calf is most likely dead already. :???:

If he's runnin cows in the Florida everglades.....or not...it's brushy country. Kinda like we have here. We don't see every cow calve out. Alot of times cows on bigger spreads don't see people too often. Also hafta take into concideration the breed he's runnin. I have no experience with the florida cracker cows. I have no clue as to what their temperament is or isn't. They've already stated that the cow will be hauled to the salebarn the next time they gather.....
As for the reason she's got calves that aren't doin well....I think that was what he was lookin for. An answer as to why. Do I know....no. Sorry I don't. There's nothin wrong with encouragin someone to go ahead and send a cow down the road for having a bad attitude. We get way off topic on some threads..helpful answers or otherwise. It's ok....that's how it's done around here. Sometimes we get back on topic and sometimes we don't.
Friendly posts people....come on.

hillsdown said:
jigs said:
hillsdown said:
[

I tried to catch this calf and did but the mama put me under the truck

then tell him to pull the frickin calf,, obviously this person is wayyyyyyyy over their head when it comes to calving.

I am out of this as you cannot fix stupid no matter how good the information given to you is .. :roll: Besides the calf is most likely dead already. :???:

Life is too short for this kind of bickering.... I just found out that my vet was killed on snowy roads out in Pennsylvania. He always drove like a bat outta hell and it finally caught up with him. I will miss him greatly.

Yesterday, my hat blew off in the parkin lot of the babtist hospital in jacksonville fla. I enjoyed the fact that I run it down. That old granite grey resistal was a tumblin along when I caught it. I knew that cow was goin to catch me. And I enjoyed it. These cattle are not big she's about 800 maybe. There was a time I would have caught her and enjoyed it. I should of got my son and let her run him while I loaded the calf. But with the news I got at the hospital, I just won't to be with my hookboogers alone and try and figer it out. And oh yea, if that cow did not try and catch me, I'd of sold her for not bein a good mama and sorry. We walk amoungst these cattle to. But they aint granys old milkers. I have pulled my share of calfs. So I ve been around at calfin time. The milk on this heifers face was white. The cows bag looked good. I have all ideays the calfs dead and me or somebody will sell the cow in a few mos. I got my bison sold. I got them in the pens with 2 bags of range cubes. First I skatered a bag in the pen then had a bag in the floor board and tolled them to the pen. I'll do this every day till they come to get them next week. Sellin them at this time just boast my faith in god I feal my time is gettin short and god new I wonted them gone bein afeared for my youngins.he sent me a good buyer and I got a fair price. I'll be glad when there loaded. I'll ride that day just to be part of it. My buddys have worked them plenty and all will go well,we might never unload a horse. I'll get some pics. Yall, I don't know quit. But I feal like a football player in a game that can't be won. Shure I still will fight but when they find 12 plus little tumors in your brain. Well, its full brain radiation startin fri. Goin to get tatooed at 12 today. They said I better get my head shaved by next wed. I think I'll get a mohalk mon then get it skint wed. I got a bad scar on top of my head when years ago a hippie caught we with a board outside a honkytonk. That will be interestin to see. This will leave me a little lackin they say. So I'm gettin my afairs in order while I can. Yall keep me and my family in your prayers. Please.

keep up the fight!! sometimes you just have to ignore a few people on here.

we're pullin' for ya. it's a long road ahead, but it sounds like you gotta got a a couple real good friends beside ya for it.

So sorry to hear your news, but you've got a good attitude. Glad you got your bison sold. We'll be praying for you and yours.

Latest posts