• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

ban to be lifted

Help Support Ranchers.net:

~SH~ said:
R-CULT mantra: "The first one - closing the border to BSE positive countries. USDA told Congress this was a crucial first step to keeping BSE out of here. Guess it's not so crucial now?"

That's right Sandman it's not so crucial now due to increased BSE surveilance, banning the slaughter of downer cows, SRM removal on OTM cattle, and the ruminant feed ban. BSE standards need to reflect the measures that have been taken to address the situation. You only live in the past when it supports your import banning bias.

When you take a view past the import pipe, you realize that we cannot impose unnecessary restrictions on Canada and not expect that to impact how other countries treat the U.S.

~SH~

I would add the accountability of packers selling MBM for their use in non-carnivore or omnivore feeds. If we had a little accountability in this industry instead of regulatory malfeasance, we might not have some of these problems. What cattlemen's association is running the USDA now?

~SH~ said:
R-CULT mantra: "The first one - closing the border to BSE positive countries. USDA told Congress this was a crucial first step to keeping BSE out of here. Guess it's not so crucial now?"

That's right Sandman it's not so crucial now due to increased BSE surveilance, banning the slaughter of downer cows, SRM removal on OTM cattle, and the ruminant feed ban. BSE standards need to reflect the measures that have been taken to address the situation. You only live in the past when it supports your import banning bias.

When you take a view past the import pipe, you realize that we cannot impose unnecessary restrictions on Canada and not expect that to impact how other countries treat the U.S.

~SH~

So, all of this came about between countries #22 & #23 finding BSE in their herds? Wow, they sure got a lot done in a short period of time.

When you look at REAL LIFE, what ACTUALLY HAPPENED, please tell me how many countries opened to us because we opened to Canada? Again, in REAL LIFE looking at what ACTUALLY HAPPENED, with our Canadian example, how many of our customers have applied the same import standards on us as we have on Canada?

Sandman: "When you look at REAL LIFE, what ACTUALLY HAPPENED, please tell me how many countries opened to us because we opened to Canada? Again, in REAL LIFE looking at what ACTUALLY HAPPENED, with our Canadian example, how many of our customers have applied the same import standards on us as we have on Canada?"

What did you expect with R-CULT telling the world that having BSE in your native herd means your beef is contaminated? Did you expect the red carpet?

South Korea said they would not treat us any differently than we treated Canada.

Japan's beef trade representatives said R-CULT only confused the process.

Don't think for one minute that R-CULT's protectionist positions didn't taint the process.

I suppose Japan would be more willing to trade with us if we let R-CULT negotiate with them. Hell Dennis McDonald was saying we shouldn't slaughter cows over 24 months if we had BSE in our native herd. WELL WE DID, DID DENNIS MCDONALD TRY TO STOP THE SLAUGHTER OF CATTLE OVER 24 MONTHS?????

You R-CULTers simply cannot comprehend the consequences for your stupid antics.

~SH~

~SH~ said:
Sandman: "When you look at REAL LIFE, what ACTUALLY HAPPENED, please tell me how many countries opened to us because we opened to Canada? Again, in REAL LIFE looking at what ACTUALLY HAPPENED, with our Canadian example, how many of our customers have applied the same import standards on us as we have on Canada?"

What did you expect with R-CULT telling the world that having BSE in your native herd means your beef is contaminated? Did you expect the red carpet?

South Korea said they would not treat us any differently than we treated Canada.

Japan's beef trade representatives said R-CULT only confused the process.

Don't think for one minute that R-CULT's protectionist positions didn't taint the process.

I suppose Japan would be more willing to trade with us if we let R-CULT negotiate with them. Hell Dennis McDonald was saying we shouldn't slaughter cows over 24 months if we had BSE in our native herd. WELL WE DID, DID DENNIS MCDONALD TRY TO STOP THE SLAUGHTER OF CATTLE OVER 24 MONTHS?????

You R-CULTers simply cannot comprehend the consequences for your stupid antics.

~SH~

You've told us how many times that R-CALF has no credibility, but now other countries are listening to them? :roll:

Show us your South Korea quote. The challenge has been put out to that statement before and nobody can ever come up with it.

Japan is stalling because their people are not convinced. How many Japanese citizens do you think know R-CALF even exists?

I have no doubt that if R-CALF was negotiating with Japan we would be selling them beef by now. This strategy of forcing our product on Japan really seems to be working well, doesn't it?

Sandman: "You've told us how many times that R-CALF has no credibility, but now other countries are listening to them?"

One of Japan's prominent beef trade representatives flat out stated that R-CULT was only confusing the issue. That is a direct quote and it was posted here by Bullburger.

As far as R-CULT's credibility, this industry should consider itself very fortunate that they don't have any credibility with our media or the headlines would have read, "U.S. BEEF CONTAMINATED DUE TO BSE IN NATIVE HERD". That would have been consistant with R-CULT's position against Canada.

Sandman: "Show us your South Korea quote. The challenge has been put out to that statement before and nobody can ever come up with it."

I'm not backing anything for you anymore you parasite when you never back anything! If you don't want to believe it, don't believe it. Your miserable track record in your inability to contradict anything I have stated with opposing facts speaks for itself. You have to rely on me to prove myself wrong on those rare occasions. LOL!

Sandman: "I have no doubt that if R-CALF was negotiating with Japan we would be selling them beef by now."

Hahahaha! And our current cattle market is due to R-CULT's efforts too. YOU BET! You obviously do inhale!

~SH~

SH, "One of Japan's prominent beef trade representatives flat out stated that R-CULT was only confusing the issue. That is a direct quote and it was posted here by Bullburger."

I don't doubt he said that. However, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize it is a smoke screen. Do you actually think what R-CALF (or any other trade organization) says effects what Japan does? They do what they want to do.

SH, "As far as R-CULT's credibility, this industry should consider itself very fortunate that they don't have any credibility with our media or the headlines would have read, "U.S. BEEF CONTAMINATED DUE TO BSE IN NATIVE HERD". That would have been consistant with R-CULT's position against Canada."

So they have no credibilty with our media, but do with the Japanese Governement? :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: Boy, you bend anything to fit, don't you?

Quote:
Sandman: "Show us your South Korea quote. The challenge has been put out to that statement before and nobody can ever come up with it."

SH, "I'm not backing anything for you anymore you parasite when you never back anything! If you don't want to believe it, don't believe it. Your miserable track record in your inability to contradict anything I have stated with opposing facts speaks for itself. You have to rely on me to prove myself wrong on those rare occasions. LOL!"

You prove yourself wrong with every other post you make, SH. And for the record, I don't believe it - have absolutly no reason to.

Sandman: "Do you actually think what R-CALF (or any other trade organization) says effects what Japan does? They do what they want to do."

I think Japan would eventually see through R-CULT's lies and realize their bias to stop Canadian imports.

Sandman: "So they have no credibilty with our media, but do with the Japanese Governement? Boy, you bend anything to fit, don't you? "

You'd be the one who would know about bending. Obviously R-CULT has no credibility with the media or our cattle prices would not be what they are because our beef, according to R-CULT, would be considered contaminated due to having BSE in our native herd.

Sandman: "You prove yourself wrong with every other post you make, SH."

Keep telling yourself that Sandman. Talk is no cheaper than from a parasite like you.

I can tell how wrong I am by the desperation in your inability to prove me wrong.

~SH~

~SH~ said:
Sandman: "Do you actually think what R-CALF (or any other trade organization) says effects what Japan does? They do what they want to do."

I think Japan would eventually see through R-CULT's lies and realize their bias to stop Canadian imports.

Sandman: "So they have no credibilty with our media, but do with the Japanese Governement? Boy, you bend anything to fit, don't you? "

You'd be the one who would know about bending. Obviously R-CULT has no credibility with the media or our cattle prices would not be what they are because our beef, according to R-CULT, would be considered contaminated due to having BSE in our native herd.

Sandman: "You prove yourself wrong with every other post you make, SH."

Keep telling yourself that Sandman. Talk is no cheaper than from a parasite like you.

I can tell how wrong I am by the desperation in your inability to prove me wrong.

~SH~

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

R-CALF: U.S. producers disagree on USDA's Canadian cattle plans
By R-CALF United Stockgrowers of America
Nov 18, 2005, 01:05
Foodconsumer.org

U.S. Cattle Producers Disagree with USDA Plans to Allow into the U.S. Older Canadian Cattle, Beef Products

Billings, Mont., Nov 17 - On Wednesday Ron DeHaven, administrator of the U.S. Department of Agriculture's (USDA's) Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS), announced the agency plans to revise its bovine spongiform encephalopathy (BSE) restrictions. Under this new proposal, Canadian cattle over 30 months of age would be allowed into the U.S. by mid-2006. R-CALF USA President-Elect Chuck Kiker made the following statement in reaction to this announcement:

"USDA's plan to lift U.S. import restrictions that would allow Canadian over-thirty-month (OTM) cattle into the U.S. by mid-2006 shows the agency is continuing its push to give market access to our competitors before we regain our lost export markets abroad. In addition, DeHaven's comments show USDA is ignoring the increased risk these older Canadian cattle pose to the U.S. cattle herd and to U.S. consumers, which is particularly disconcerting because USDA scientists have determined these older Canadian cattle to be of higher risk.

"R-CALF is concerned with the BSE prevalence rate in Canada (4 cases) in relation to that of the United States (1 case). While we praise USDA for its efforts to reopen our beef export markets, its work toward reopening the Japanese market is concentrated around animals 21 months of age and younger. On the other hand, this latest proposal by USDA will allow into the U.S. foreign cattle 30 months of age and older, and the associated beef products from those animals.

"At some point, all countries that import and export cattle and beef products must reach agreement on the highest standards of rules for global beef trade.

"Any effort by the agency to move ahead with these plans not only will increase the financial risks to U.S. cattle producers, but also potentially expose the U.S. to an increased risk of importing BSE into the United States.

"R-CALF's original case against USDA (filed in January 2005), in our efforts to force the agency to withdraw its Final Rule that allowed into the U.S. younger Canadian cattle, has not yet been resolved. R-CALF is continuing, in federal court, efforts to strengthen our BSE protections, and how our case is resolved will decide whether or not USDA can go forward with a new rule for older cattle. If this case is settled in R-CALF's favor, it obviously would preempt any attempt by USDA to write another rule for older animals.

"R-CALF was granted a preliminary injunction on March 2 that stopped USDA's rule from taking effect on March 7, as the agency had planned, but was overturned on USDA's appeal in July. Canadian cattle younger than 30 months of age began entering the U.S. on July 18.

"We are still drafting a petition for a court hearing on a permanent ban against Canadian slaughter and feeder cattle. All of the scientific arguments that we used to win the preliminary injunction are even stronger against allowing OTM cattle into the U.S., and even USDA scientists have repeatedly made clear the risk of importing older Canadian cattle into the United States.

"It's important that beef consumers understand this proposal by USDA makes it more critical than ever to implement Mandatory Country-of-Origin Labeling at once so consumers can make informed decisions when choosing between USA Beef or foreign beef products for their families."

# # #

OT- If I were you I would be embarrassed to belong to R-laugh!! Its your call but I think they are doing more harm to the beef biz than they are doing good. Do you care to make a bet of when the first Canadian OTM animal will cross the medicine line? Could be some Canadian whiskey on the line? Any other takers?

"R-CALF is concerned with the BSE prevalence rate in Canada (4 cases) in relation to that of the United States (1 case).

If Canada has 4 cases, we have 2 cases using the same counting methods.

More R-CULT deception!

~SH~

Friday, November 18, 2005 at 07:12 JST
TOKYO — Zensho Co, operator of the Sukiya chain of restaurants, will not use American beef as long as safety concerns remain even after Japan has lifted an import ban, President Kentaro Ogawa said Thursday. "We cannot use it (U.S. beef) from the viewpoint of consumer safety," Ogawa said.
Ogawa voiced skepticism about the safety of American beef following his visit his beef processing plants in the United States.Brains and other specified risk materials, which are regarded as likely to be infected with mad cow disease, or bovine spongiform encephalopathy, are not incinerated for disposal at U.S. plants, according to Ogawa.

Manitoba_Rancher said:
OT- If I were you I would be embarrassed to belong to R-laugh!! Its your call but I think they are doing more harm to the beef biz than they are doing good. Do you care to make a bet of when the first Canadian OTM animal will cross the medicine line? Could be some Canadian whiskey on the line? Any other takers?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Remember 2006 is an election year in the US with many important midterm elections- And some of the pro big business- pro world trade advocate Congressmen are riding on shakey ground with the changing nationwide tide of the voters... backlash against the trade deficit, rising inflation, and the profiteering of Big Business, like the oil companies... Then take in to effect that the US Senate already voted against the USDA's previous plan to open to OTM beef or cattle....And I've seen nothing new in the science of BSE since that vote....

Also many more scientific questions concerned with the OTM's-especially the pre feedban ones, that still exist and haven't been answered...Much will depend on what USDA's proposal is as to whether its beef or live cattle- and how they propose to segregate out pre-feedban cattle--but I'm sure it will be challenged...The U.S. feedban safeguards are not strict enough to allow importing live cattle from a country with a higher percentage rate of BSE......Remember the USDA scientists testified to Congress that the U.S. #1 safeguard against BSE was/is the restrictions we have on importing from BSE countries......

This along with more cattle producers daily realizing that R-CALF was right about how much the Canadian cow market influences the US cull prices... Lots of people getting used to selling their culls for $700-800 and don't want to go right back to the pre-BSE days of $300-400...

Not a betting man MR, but I don't think you will see live cattle in 2006.....

Oldtimer said:
Manitoba_Rancher said:

Remember 2006 is an election year in the US with many important midterm elections- And some of the pro big business- pro world trade advocate Congressmen are riding on shakey ground with the changing nationwide tide of the voters... backlash against the trade deficit, rising inflation, and the profiteering of Big Business, like the oil companies... Then take in to effect that the US Senate already voted against the USDA's previous plan to open to OTM beef or cattle....And I've seen nothing new in the science of BSE since that vote....

Also many more scientific questions concerned with the OTM's-especially the pre feedban ones, that still exist and haven't been answered...Much will depend on what USDA's proposal is as to whether its beef or live cattle- and how they propose to segregate out pre-feedban cattle--but I'm sure it will be challenged...The U.S. feedban safeguards are not strict enough to allow importing live cattle from a country with a higher percentage rate of BSE......Remember the USDA scientists testified to Congress that the U.S. #1 safeguard against BSE was/is the restrictions we have on importing from BSE countries......

This along with more cattle producers daily realizing that R-CALF was right about how much the Canadian cow market influences the US cull prices... Lots of people getting used to selling their culls for $700-800 and don't want to go right back to the pre-BSE days of $300-400...

How and when has R-Calf explained to producers that a reduction of 2.5 million head in domestic cow slaughter has less impact than 330,000 head of cow imports. I would ask you to explain the dilemma and contradiction but you have proved you don't know the facts and when confronted with the facts you just find another lame excuse. When domestic cow slaughter turns higher, as it will, and cow prices go lower who will you blame then? Will you and your neighbor be at fault for liquidating more cows and causing lower prices?

Sh, "If Canada has 4 cases, we have 2 cases using the same counting methods. More R-CULT deception! "

You want to explain that one?

Oldtimer said:
Manitoba_Rancher said:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey OT, last time I looked outside I seen live cattle.... :wink:

I would like to see the border open to OTM cattle but I would like to our slaughter capacity for OTM grow here in Canada. Be better to send you a boxed beef product than a live animal. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Today 11/18/2005 7:08:00 PM

NCBA Statement On Cattle Trade With Canada

"Yesterday, NCBA 's animal health scientist Dr. Gary Weber joined me in representing U.S. cattlemen at a meeting in Canada to continue pushing for science-based resolution of all animal health issues between the two countries. The meeting included leading officials from the Canadian Food Inspection Agency, Canadian Cattlemen's Association and USDA's Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service.

"NCBA and its state affiliates have been frustrated by the lack of access to the Canadian market for U.S. feeder and breeding cattle. While progress has been made to open the Canadian border to the movement of feeder cattle year-round, significant barriers still exist to the movement of breeding cattle.

"That said, progress was made at this week's meeting. We expect resolution on Canada's restrictions on bluetongue for all classes of U.S. cattle to end by mid-2006, after completion of an ongoing risk assessment project. On anaplasmosis, NCBA and APHIS made clear at the meeting the United States' expectation is that any risk mitigation measures are science-based and allow for expanded cattle trade into Canada.

"NCBA will not support advancing resumption of trade with Canada on cattle over 30 months until science-based harmonization is achieved on all animal health issues. There has been discussion about such a rule in media reports this week despite the fact that a proposed rule has not been introduced by USDA. As with every rule-making process, there will be an opportunity for comment. When such a proposal is published, NCBA will maintain the need for harmonization to ensure fair trade between the two countries.

"NCBA's commitment to free trade is well-documented, and we speak with great credibility on this issue. Normalization of trade is our goal, but normalization is a two-way street and can only be achieved if trade provisions are equitable.

"NCBA will continue to encourage the USDA to make science-based decisions relative to trade of beef and cattle. NCBA will never favor any change in trade policy that threatens our herd health or the safety of our food supply. We do not feel that Canadian cattle pose any such threat, and it is irresponsible to suggest otherwise. However, Canada's restrictions on U.S. breeding stock and feeder cattle - especially those related to anaplasmosis and bluetongue – have placed undue hardship on America's cattle producers for too long. NCBA will continue to be at the table to fight for equitable trade for U.S. cattlemen.

"Earlier this year, NCBA was instrumental in convincing USDA to limit both live cattle and boxed beef imports from Canada to 30 months of age and younger. Our producer-members adopted this policy based on sound science and in the interest of fair trade."

Oldtimer- How many cattle do you have that you are so concerned about this matter? I have seen you avoid this question so many times before jsut thought I would ask again?

Manitoba_Rancher said:
Oldtimer- How many cattle do you have that you are so concerned about this matter? I have seen you avoid this question so many times before jsut thought I would ask again?

How many girlfriends you cheating on your wife with, MR?

Latest posts