• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

BRAVO ! Agman's corn analysis is the nuts

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Agman, the point of my posts was that you don't know the weather. It is a speculative risk. I am glad you posted what exactly you do, and its limitations. Hedging has been around for a long time with puts and calls and risk analysis. I believe that you probably do your job well analyzing known probability of risks and supply and demand quantities although no one without inside knowledge can quantify political risks in their calculations.

My disagreements with you have more to do with market theory. Your prowess in commodity analysis does not qualify you for macroeconomic theory and the analysis of market power as your posts indicate.

Please go read the book, "The Robber Barons". You might just be educated a little bit by history.

Lying King: "Agman, the point of my posts was that you don't know the weather. It is a speculative risk."

Agman never claimed to know the weather you moron!

Good grief!

How elementary!

~SH~

~SH~ said:
Lying King: "Agman, the point of my posts was that you don't know the weather. It is a speculative risk."

Agman never claimed to know the weather you moron!

Good grief!

How elementary!

~SH~

Never said he did. Do you always like to point out things that have no relevance? Stop raising your hand so much unless the teacher calls on you.

~SH~ said:
Sandcheska: "Nope, just pointing out a case of you popping the clutch on your mouth before you brain was in gear."

You haven't refuted anything I've stated here. All you did is provide more cheap talk like you always do.

~SH~

I provided an example of an inferior quality product that people bought.

Agman, "With today's communications you why did you not maintain your business at your present location?......"

I'm glad you're so blessed, although humility and class certainly aren't among those blessings you speak of. I appreciate your interest in my well being, but I'll decline your offer for a "sponsor", whatever that is. If you aren't familiar with the nomenclature of the business, I doubt your connections are all that "connected". Are they part of your "we" group that can make more money bypassing domestic producers in favor of foreign product? Are they the same ones who told you Japan wasn't asking for tested beef? Are they the same ones who told you Tyson and Cargill were in Canada to serve the local markets? I'm not too impressed with your contacts. If you knew anything about the brokerage business and the company I worked for than and now, you wouldn't be making the smart-ass insinuations that you are. However, you never pass an opportunity to present yourself as an uninformed arrogant jerk, and you did splendidly once again.

Sandhusker said:
Agman, "With today's communications you why did you not maintain your business at your present location?......"

I'm glad you're so blessed, although humility and class certainly aren't among those blessings you speak of. I appreciate your interest in my well being, but I'll decline your offer for a "sponsor", whatever that is. If you aren't familiar with the nomenclature of the business, I doubt your connections are all that "connected". Are they part of your "we" group that can make more money bypassing domestic producers in favor of foreign product? Are they the same ones who told you Japan wasn't asking for tested beef? Are they the same ones who told you Tyson and Cargill were in Canada to serve the local markets? I'm not too impressed with your contacts. If you knew anything about the brokerage business and the company I worked for than and now, you wouldn't be making the smart-ass insinuations that you are. However, you never pass an opportunity to present yourself as an uninformed arrogant jerk, and you did splendidly once again.

As opposed to your own always informed, beneficial, knowledgeable and gentlemanly posts????

MRJ

Maple Leaf Angus said:
MRJ said:
As opposed to your own always informed, beneficial, knowledgeable and gentlemanly posts???? MRJ

:clap: :clap: :clap: :lol2: :nod:

Not to forget to mention unbiased and truthful.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll admit I'm biased - everybody here is (except SH). If you can find where I've been untruthful, post it.

Sandhusker said:
Maple Leaf Angus said:
MRJ said:
As opposed to your own always informed, beneficial, knowledgeable and gentlemanly posts???? MRJ

:clap: :clap: :clap: :lol2: :nod:

Not to forget to mention unbiased and truthful.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll admit I'm biased - everybody here is (except SH). If you can find where I've been untruthful, post it.

Would you be willing to take someone else's word for it?

Oh yes, I guess you would have to. Because you would refuse to recognize truth if it were the last thing you could do . . . a natural consequence of being willingly steeped in blissful hypocrisy.

So it is not so much a matter of someone finding it as that you are incapable of recognizing it.

Bring it. I've been wrong, shown that I was wrong, and stood corrected before. I don't like being wrong, I would even appreciate it if you were to show me where I was wrong.

Sandhusker said:

Basic knowledge - a sponsor is any brokerage firm who sponsors an individuals for his license. Unless you have a sponsor (correct nomenclature used) you cannot become a stockbroker. Now if you look in the mirror you will see who the "uninformed arrogant jerk" is (YOUR OWN WORDS BTW).

My response was appropriate for your snide remark. Your comment set the conditions for my response. Of the issues you cite above all demonstrate your lack of real knowledge. Your inability to understand the benefit of trade is totally astounding for a banker. I provided you with an elementary example and that was evidently too much for you to absorb. Your bias clouds all reason.

You failed to counter the Fed's analysis of corporate relocation. Instead you pick one example and try to make a stand without looking at the whole and broader situation. When I made a singular analysis per Cargill in Brazil as you did with Cargill and Tyson in Canada your own position was defeated by one extreme example versus another. The fact is that neither example represents the the true facts of corporate relocation. When you can provide the in-depth and complete analysis that counters the Fed's analysis which I referenced then please present it for all to read. Please send a copy to the fed. I am certain they are interested in your opinion. They probably have an interest in your weather forecast for the growing season also which by default you claim to know.

The Japanese issue is moot, they are accepting product without BSE testing. People much closer to the issue than you or I were never given any guarantee that tested product would be accepted; hearsay yes, but nothing concrete for the negotiators. There are valid points made by each side per this issue. The broader issue is the use of a non-tariff trade barrier.

Different subject: I see where your famed R-Calf has lost 3,000 members during the past year. That is a large percentage drop in one year - 17%. Their budget is reduced from $2.5 million to $1.2 million. They had a whopping 300 members show for their annual convention.

If they file one more lawsuit you might get a new job holding their hand through bankruptcy. Why have so many producers or associate members dropped their membership? Are they not the association of the people for the people? BTW, the data I cite is from a printed article citing Bullard. I must say, I put little faith in news reporters ability to relay facts correctly so would you please confirm the data; is it true or false? You are connected sufficiently to verify are you not?

Agman,

It is my understanding R-CALF changed the way they counted membership from the same address...now counted as one membership.
So I hate to inform you, but support for R-CALF is not waning! :p 8)

Mark Twain "The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated."

Agman, "....Unless you have a sponsor (correct nomenclature used) you cannot become a stockbroker...... "

Obviously I already have a license. Actually, 4 of them. What I would need is a BROKER - DEALER.

Agman, "You failed to counter the Fed's analysis of corporate relocation. "

Just as before, you try to turn this from your attempt to BS us to having to dispute the Fed. I'm not disputing the Fed, I'm disputing YOU. If the Fed's analysis didn't pertain to Canada, why did you bring it up in that discussion?

Agman, "The Japanese issue is moot, they are accepting product without BSE testing."

Doesn't change the fact that they were asking for testing, contrary to your claims. You were WRONG.

Agman, "..... BTW, the data I cite is from a printed article citing Bullard"......

If you cite the data from Bullard, why didn't you also cite the reasoning he provided? Is it cherry picking time in Denver?

When are you ever going to come clean on who the "we" is that is going to make more money buying foreign product than domestic? It's certainly not producers that would be in that group. What group are you a part of, Agman?

I like it that your example (that I fail to understand the basics of) of importing lean instead of using domestic helps "us" by making the chucks more valuable. I was wondering, how much of the packers profits do they tithe for purchasing cattle?

Sandhusker said:
Agman, "....Unless you have a sponsor (correct nomenclature used) you cannot become a stockbroker...... "

Obviously I already have a license. Actually, 4 of them. What I would need is a BROKER - DEALER.

Just as before, you try to turn this from your attempt to BS us to having to dispute the Fed. I'm not disputing the Fed, I'm disputing YOU. If the Fed's analysis didn't pertain to Canada, why did you bring it up in that discussion?

Agman, "The Japanese issue is moot, they are accepting product without BSE testing."

Doesn't change the fact that they were asking for testing, contrary to your claims. You were WRONG.

Agman, "..... BTW, the data I cite is from a printed article citing Bullard"......

If you cite the data from Bullard, why didn't you also cite the reasoning he provided? Is it cherry picking time in Denver?

When are you ever going to come clean on who the "we" is that is going to make more money buying foreign product than domestic? It's certainly not producers that would be in that group. What group are you a part of, Agman?

I like it that your example (that I fail to understand the basics of) of importing lean instead of using domestic helps "us" by making the chucks more valuable. I was wondering, how much of the packers profits do they tithe for purchasing cattle?

I cited the article as it was written and suggested one must be cautious about the written word in the press. If I was to accept RM's position I would then have to conclude that previously R-Calf was double counting to impress the so called growing and gullible membership like yourself. However, since there are numerous and repeated examples of R-Calf failing to properly account for all data when the demagogues speak I must also assume they just simply cannot count. All of your twists and turns per this subject do not explain the sharp decline in revenues. It looks to me like more grass roots producers are leaving the corral faster than R-Calf can count. If RM is correct, R-Calf may also have devised a different method of counting income.

I won't belabor the point of importing cheaper trim cuts in order to use our production to produce and add additional value to our domestic beef. Your inability to understand that process and imply that only the packers benefit demonstrates your extremely limited knowledge of the beef industry-par for you. I am for what is best for the industry which includes all segments, not one pitted against the other.

I cited Fed research while you cited an isolated situation to attempt to disprove the Fed's research. I showed the exact opposite condition with Cargill in Brazil and lack of corn exports. I stated that both examples are extreme are isolated and in no way reflect why corporations relocate. Now, if you have actual research and not just an isolated observation then present it or go play in your sandbox. Put up the six inch side rails so you don't fall out and hit your head again.

Regarding Japan, I will be meeting tomorrow afternoon with a person who was directly involved with Japan and I will ask again to make certain I did not misunderstand his previous reply to my question per Japan's insistence upon BSE testing and absolute commitment to accept tested beef from the U.S. His previous reply was that there never was a commitment from Japan to accept tested U.S. beef. You can limit your knowledge to press articles which may be as incomplete as the article I eluded to regarding R-Calf's membership decline.

agman said:
Sandhusker said:

I cited the article as it was written and suggested one must be cautious about the written word in the press. If I was to accept RM's position I would then have to conclude that previously R-Calf was double counting to impress the so called growing and gullible membership like yourself. However, since there are numerous and repeated examples of R-Calf failing to properly account for all data when the demagogues speak I must also assume they just simply cannot count. All of your twists and turns per this subject do not explain the sharp decline in revenues. It looks to me like more grass roots producers are leaving the corral faster than R-Calf can count. If RM is correct, R-Calf may also have devised a different method of counting income.

I won't belabor the point of importing cheaper trim cuts in order to use our production to produce and add additional value to our domestic beef. Your inability to understand that process and imply that only the packers benefit demonstrates your extremely limited knowledge of the beef industry-par for you. I am for what is best for the industry which includes all segments, not one pitted against the other.

I cited Fed research while you cited an isolated situation to attempt to disprove the Fed's research. I showed the exact opposite condition with Cargill in Brazil and lack of corn exports. I stated that both examples are extreme are isolated and in no way reflect why corporations relocate. Now, if you have actual research and not just an isolated observation then present it or go play in your sandbox. Put up the six inch side rails so you don't fall out and hit your head again.

Regarding Japan, I will be meeting tomorrow afternoon with a person who was directly involved with Japan and I will ask again to make certain I did not misunderstand his previous reply to my question per Japan's insistence upon BSE testing and absolute commitment to accept tested beef from the U.S. His previous reply was that there never was a commitment from Japan to accept tested U.S. beef. You can limit your knowledge to press articles which may be as incomplete as the article I eluded to regarding R-Calf's membership decline.

I sure hope he is from Creekstone. :roll: :shock: :shock:

You've definitely got a sneaky style, Agman. You begin with a fact, but you apply that fact into packer propaganda. Then when called on your BS, you hide behind the fact and try to make the outer debate the fact instead of your conclusion. It's the fact, BS, hide Agman shuffle.

Example 1: The topic was Tyson and Cargill's presence in Canada. You brought up the fed report (the fact) to imply that that was why Tyson and Cargill were up there (the BS). When called on it, you challenged me on the Fed's accuracy, reputation, etc... (the hide).

Example 2: You said Japan had no protocol for accepting tested beef from us (the fact), and because of that they couldn't take our beef (the BS). When we told you a protocol was nothing that couldn't be established quickly, you then challenged us if there was a protocol or not (the hide).

Example 3: You're saying US producers should be fine with the packers buying imported lean (and reducing demand and price for our culls) because they can sell chucks for more instead of grinding them (the fact). Somehow this is supposed to translate into higher prices paid for US cattle (the BS). I ask for a correalation between packer profits and cattle prices, and you retreat to adding value (the hide).

Now, you're promising to do the same dang thing tomorrow asking your buddy about Japan asking for tested beef. Your hide is "absolute commitment to accept tested beef". The truth is that they did ask for testing and the BS is that they wouldn't take it. I can already see it coming!!! Common sense tells us that Japan didn't sign a commitment to accept tested beef because the USDA wouldn't even allow it on the table! Why would they? Guess what, they didn't offer an absolute commitment to accept coyote meat either!

Just keep your packer BS to yourself, Agman. Your "we" can make more money statement showed which side you are on - and there are sides. There's been two sides for over 100 years. The "not pitting one segment against the other" is just more packer koolaid.

Sandhusker, the moniker 'Snowman' fits you at least as well as 'Sandhusker', given your refusal to acknowledge that 'Agman" works for cattle producers, rather than packers, and your insinuation that he is part of the 'great packer conspiracy'.

Cattle producers are part of the "we" he references when commenting on the cattle/beef industry. This industry is inseparable.

Cattle producers cannot exist without packers, processors, retailers and consumers. Nor can they exist without producers.

Bankers, too, would be pretty hard pressed to live without BOTH entities, would they not?

MRJ

MRJ said:
Sandhusker, the moniker 'Snowman' fits you at least as well as 'Sandhusker', given your refusal to acknowledge that 'Agman" works for cattle producers, rather than packers, and your insinuation that he is part of the 'great packer conspiracy'.

Cattle producers are part of the "we" he references when commenting on the cattle/beef industry. This industry is inseparable.

Cattle producers cannot exist without packers, processors, retailers and consumers. Nor can they exist without producers.

Bankers, too, would be pretty hard pressed to live without BOTH entities, would they not?

MRJ

MRJ, where is the beef?

Didn't you just get on to me for making personal attacks? At least I backed up my attacks based on the facts. I don't see where you did that at all.

And yes, there are plenty of bankers who could care less about the "beef" industry as long as they get a steak for dinner.

Econ, both you and Sandhusker imply frequently that packers make use of illegal trade practices, that USDA and NCBA take orders from packers and then take actions benefitting packers and hurting cattle producers.
That is not "personal attack". It is fact!

You and Sandhuskers' sly "guilty by implication" tactics do nothing to help cattle producers! How do you benefit from having the cattle producers divided and pitted against the rest of the beef industry?

MRJ

Latest posts