• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Bucking horse

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Northern Rancher said:
I got a guy wanting to buy all my yearlings right now but not sure if I should sell them lol. Sure had a pleasant surprise when we flanked them first time.

Congratulations. It's so scary that first time, worried about what they'll do. It's awesome when they get it on.

Hey, Put him the Bucking Horse Sale at the BHSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He will bring more than killer price and you get a vacation out of the deal!!!!!!!!!

CattleCo said:
Hey, Put him the Bucking Horse Sale at the BHSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He will bring more than killer price and you get a vacation out of the deal!!!!!!!!!

Only if he bucks good. I always wondered why those that didn't buck good, brought less than killer price at the local sales. I asked a horse trader/buyer and he told me that they paid less for the non-buckers there as they could possibly have bruises from the chutes and so would have a discount on them.

If I were gong to take a horse to a bucking horse sale, I would buck him out a few times locally so as to make him more aware and sure of what he was being called on to do. Most bucking horses are born and not trained to buck, but they can be helped to do a better job and be comfortable with their job. Much like a Border Collie or Aussie stock dog.

Jinglebob said:
CattleCo said:
Most bucking horses are born and not trained to buck, but they can be helped to do a better job and be comfortable with their job. Much like a Border Collie or Aussie stock dog.

What he said! I get that question a lot "how do you train them." That was a perfect answer.

Latest posts