• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Bull vs. Dogs

Help Support Ranchers.net:

passin thru

Reaction score
weird
000sc2sr2kt.jpg

000sdeeh4ek.jpg

000seatt0wi.jpg

000sfw459nz.jpg

Bull 2
Dogs 0

I'm guessing that the owner of the dogs was taking the pics. They look like bull terriers. Were they "sicked" on the bull? :shock: :???:

Murgen said:
I'm guessing that the owner of the dogs was taking the pics. They look like bull terriers. Were they "sicked" on the bull? :shock: :???:
They were not bull terriers - they were Pit Bull Terriers. Bull Terriers have heads that look like footballs. Really UGLY dogs, but the owners claim they are sweethearts. Pit Bulls are the one's that are giving 'human beings' trouble all over the country. Some of them are gentle - some are hellions. All depends on their 'genes'. My advice: Don't mess with ANY of them.

DOC HARRIS

not to sound like a PETA freak, but that is some un called for animal cruelty. I have done alot of stupid things in my day, that I am not proud of, but neer have I ever stood by and photographed something like that. as the dogs were attacking, I would have been shooting.

with four little kids, I sure as hell do not see a need for dogs like that! I would never own one, and if my neighbor did, it would disapear!

In the last picture, it almost looks like the bull is going to go after the photographer next!

anyone know where this happened? that's just strange, alot of the cow dogs around here are cur/pitbull cross, I've never seen any get that vicious. Don't much thank they were trained to work cattle. But.....that's one mad bull, Can't say I blame him.

In Canada their have been ALOT of pitbull attacks on humans..especially children, theres a bill started to ban these dogs!

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
Don't much thank they were trained to work cattle.

i agree. folks in our area use them for hog-dogs & more than likely they were trained to fight hogs instead of bulls.

This is unfurtunate :( but the dogs got what they deserved :shock: - - - I'm sure the owners thought the were sweethearts :? but most people don't spend enought time with their animals :x or if they spend time it is in a controled enviroment and have no idea what the animals would do unsupervised. :mad: I hope they have to pay for damage to the bull :mad: :!:

If you look in the background of the first picture I believe, It almost looks like a ship mast, and there is flood water on the left hand side of the road. Wonder if this could be down south with all the flooding and hurricane. Put me on the fight and I will flip you in the air too. What kind of chance did the bull have? He probably just wandered where in _ell home was. Cheri

I got this in an email, little explanation. Something about the southeast US. I got the impression they were hurricane displaced dogs that were hungry. Just ready between the lines.
If they would take on a bull, who else would they attack. I have dealt with packs of dogs after a cow, these dogs were oincensed that I was their bothering their activities. That is the last cow they attacked.

It would be very interesting to know the whole story.
That bull looked like he'd been through...HELL!

But even so, I feel a bit sorry for the dogs. They looked like they were working as a team. Wonder where they came from and what the deal was.
In the aftermath of the hurricanes, so many bad things happen that we just are not aware of. This just brings the realities of it closer to home.

Too bad no one was around to stop it. (Like the photographer.)

Strange that some one would stand there taking pictures,and not try to stop this,guess they were afraid they would get hurt :mad: I believe instead of taking pictures I would have at least went for some help to seperate this,no telling how long it went on ,looking at the ground quite a while ,and I will bet they had plenty time for pictures but no time to get help...................good luck

Faster horses said:
In this instance the law would get you from shooting off the road or across the road. :shock:
I did not see any law in those pictures?

Latest posts