• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Can't buck these trends?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Mike

Reaction score
I have a small business and I will buck them. Trend or no damn trend.

My son was working for Bellsouth and living with his girlfriend. She was ineligible to join his insurance plan but a same sex person could qualify.

These gay folks have more rights than the straight ones do. Damn shame.

civil union my ass!

gay is wrong, that is why they hide it !

of course a man and woman shacking up is not exactly right either, but at least they are a couple in the way the bible intended.

it was Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve.

take all the gay men and put on one island, all the gay women on another island.....which ever breeds a third generation first gets equal rights aas a man and wife!

Gay people hide their lifestyle cause of statments like the one jigs just made!!!

It seems that more heterosexual men are ' scared' of gay people than are heterosexual women....hmmmm...wonder why????

I've got bigger and better things in my life to deal with and worry over than ' who sleeps with whom'.

Ok..got a question... "IF"....IF a gay couple who are ranchers/farmers, be they he or she, comes to your farm....offers you $5K more for that bull you advertised for sale...would you sell the bull to them?

kolanuraven said:
Gay people hide their lifestyle cause of statments like the one jigs just made!!!

It seems that more heterosexual men are ' scared' of gay people than are heterosexual women....hmmmm...wonder why????

I've got bigger and better things in my life to deal with and worry over than ' who sleeps with whom'.

Ok..got a question... "IF"....IF a gay couple who are ranchers/farmers, be they he or she, comes to your farm....offers you $5K more for that bull you advertised for sale...would you sell the bull to them?

Would the Bull have to be Gay? Or would they just rather have 2 steers? :wink:

kolanuraven said:

I've got a good joke that includes gay cows, the bull you mention and Hillary, but I will refrain.

If homosexuality is a sin, then it is their sin, not everyone else's. I think the line should be drawn when you make it everyone else's or support it in overt manners. The Bible says sin is sin and that includes Jig's sins as well as all of ours.

You can always hate the sin and love the sinner (be careful of the interpretation, here). We all do it every day.

reader (the Second) said:
Number of gay-friendly companies growing: study

An unprecedented 138 major U.S. companies scored 100 percent in a Corporate Equality Index compiled by the Human Rights Campaign, a Washington-based gay rights advocacy group.
I wonder if the profitability of these large companies who support queer lifestyles is increasing or decreasing. I know for example wal-mart and ford sales are both slower or lower than in times past. I wonder if sales start lagging and someone makes a decision to go after the queer market? Do you know R2? Any data ?

I personally don't give a rats patooty who does what with who in their own private life. Doesn't mean I condone it though.

But when the laws dictate who I can and cannot hire, rent to, sell to, give benefits to, and associate with, that's stepping over the boundary.

kolanuraven said:

And "IF"....IF someone here says they would, what would it matter? :???: It's like someone else already stated, it's THEIR SIN. Now "IF"....IF :lol: they showed up wanting to buy the bull for 5K LESS than advertised, just because they were gay then that would be more like what we are talking about when it comes to insurance and such. :?

So in closing heck yeah I would sell 'em that da*# bull and not because they were gay or not, but ask me what I would do "IF"... :lol2: IF they came to my place asking to adopt a child or have the same benefits as a legally married couple. :wink: But I bet you already know the answer to that one too :nod:

You're the only one to answer my question BBJ. Thanks

No my point was to see if someone who boldly denounced the gay lifestyle and boycotted them job wise/otherwise....would take their money when it came to THEIR( cattle owner) business/pocketbook.

I just set the scene in a more understandable forum ( cattle/critter sale) than using a big corporate company as an example.

I guess it would matter because if you are against ' something' you should be against it in all aspects. Remember the famous statement by GWB " you're with us or against us", which says there is no middle ground.

So being against the gay lifestyle does not mean you're against taking their money then? Hmmm...that's kinda two faced there isn't it???

I know if I'm against someone, something I do no business with them PERIOD. None, nunca, nada. I would not take that persons money as I would have no use for them.

Ok so they show up and make the offer and I refuse it :shock: ...... and in this day in time what is to keep them from sueing me because of discrimination? :mad: Not trying to be 2 faced or hypocritical just trying to cover my a#$. Now you conveniently missed my statement about what you should ask me. I don't care if 2 men or 2 women want to be together in THE PRIVACY OF THEIR OWN HOMES! I am not one to tell another how to live their lives. I do care when they decide they are ENTITLED to the same benefits as a LEGALLY MARRIED COUPLE. i.e. insurance, adoption, or buying a bull as in your example. I view it as wrong but if someone decides to live that way then fine just leave me and the other innocent people out of it. This I guess could be a issue that has a small middle ground area?

As for you quoting one of our greatest Presidents in history, good job, :clap: but I think what he was talking about is a little deeper than you understand. :help: Terrorism is one of the greatest threats we face and in The War on Terrorism (which is what I think he was talking about) there is NO MIDDLE GROUND.

I think most people run thier business like they run thier life. so since I know no homos in the cattle business, I would not sell any cattle to misguided sexual deviants.

I am not saying I am with out sin. we are all sinners, just some of us better at it than others :twisted:

I discriminate against gays, lesbos, mexicans, blacks, foriegners and pretty much every group because of one simple thing.

they all think that since I am white I friggin owe them something in " retrobution" for some damned reason.

mexicans need to learn to earn thier way here, not just crossing a border and signing up for welfare. Blacks had it rough, but I do not need to pay for the slavery of their people. and gays do not need equal rights as given that due a man and a woman.

- businesses exist to make money and they would be stupid to turn away a large and affluent consumer group.

The real question is: do Gays and Lesbians shop at walmart?.....

or drive fords?.....

when the once famous dixie chicks pissed off their once loyal fans,,,,,well we all know what happened to them.....BTW what did happen to them,,,,are they still working?....

"The group's Accidents & Accusations Tour began in July 2006. Ticket sales were strong in Canada, decent in some Northeastern markets, but notably weak in other areas. A number of shows were cancelled due to poor sales, and in Houston, Texas, tickets never even went on sale when local radio stations refused to accept advertising for the event '....

from a liberals for D.C. chicks...thier early tour....contrasted to Red Blue states...

TopOfTheWorld_small.gif

and their "rerouted" blue states tour ,...after losing thier fan base....

Accidents-and-Accusations2_.gif

Two trends are clear from this series of maps: (1) the Chicks are indeed playing far fewer concerts in red states and (2) they are playing far more concerts in Canada. The proximate cause for these trends is depressed ticket sales in more conservative areas.,..."

"We have basically been playing to half the audience we had on the last tour, but it's a different audience." - Martie Maguire"

yep it's full of liberals....(but only half full)

so if Walmart (and ford) wants to lean towards 1% of the population, while distanceing itself from over 50% of the population, , all the while forgetting the 95% of thier shoppers comes from that 50%, then it is okey, because as soon as they fall another business will spring up in thier place......

From the original article:
Research shows gay and lesbian consumers spend some $641 billion a year, he said. Also, gays and lesbians are likely to pay attention to workplace policies, are brand-loyal and have higher amounts of disposable income, Herrschaft said.

From Research on Walmart shoppers:
Wal-Mart knows its customers, and it knows how badly they need the discounts. Like Wal-Mart's workers, its customers are overwhelmingly female and struggling to make ends meet,... Wal-Mart takes out ads in her local paper the same day the community's poorest citizens collect their welfare checks.

"They are promoting themselves to low-income people," she says. "That's who they lure. They don't lure the rich. ... They understand the economy of America. They know the haves and have-nots. They don't put Wal-Mart in Piedmonts. They don't put Wal-Mart in those high-end parts of the community. They plant themselves right in the middle of Poorville."

A 2000 study by Andrew Franklin, then an economist at the University of Connecticut, showed that Wal-Mart operated primarily in poor and working-class communities, ,....- the Bloomingdale's set is not the discounter's primary market and probably never will be.

A 2003 study found that 23 percent of Wal-Mart Supercenter customers live on incomes of less than $25,000 a year. More than 20 percent of Wal-Mart shoppers have no bank account, (long considered a sign of dire poverty). And while almost half of Wal-Mart Supercenter customers are blue-collar workers and their families, 20 percent are unemployed or elderly.

the two don't seem the same.....

Gay: pay attention to workplace policies, are brand-loyal and have higher amounts of disposable income...

Walmart shopper: Poor...

yep it is a good (business) move for Walmart to ignore (and piss off) it's base for a group that does not shop at walmart....

for kolanuraven
Let me rephrase it to show what the business are actually doing.....

If I was rancher with a 5K bull, and offered it up for sale at 4K to only Gay and Lesbian people, advertising only in a gay mag,.... bet you a few bucks, I would be stuck with the bull.....even if I later offered it to everybody, lowered the price to well below the 4K it was worth..

so even your question does not fit the facts....it is walmart, ford and other companies that profit off thier base, ignoreing thier base's values and "courting" gays that are not thier customers, and in all likelyhood will never be thier customers, that many see as bad business.....

go back to the post WAL-MART SUPPORTS DIEVENT SEX i posted a rather substantial list of MAJOR companies that in one way or another contribute to the gay community!! NOT JUST WAL; MART AND FORD!
how many of you have stopped doing business with them??
where you shopping at now?
seems to me a lot of the protestors of the companies supporting the gay community are pretty hyrocritcle!!
dont shop at wal mart, go to target (on the list) kmart ? (on the list) etc etc etc etc etc
once again i am not gay nor do i condone thier public displays, but i do know they have money and are willing to spend it and i am willing to let them line my pocket the same way that i am, willing to let any of you put a few cents in my pocket.
any any one of you that says you won't accept thier money is only fooling your selves, because there are some gay folks out there that you do businees with on a day to day basis and you are totally unaware

I haven't been in a Walmart, target, or Kmart in a few months.....where they spend the money I spend is of concern to me....but does not over-ride how I spend, My point was that when a company involves itself in social issues it should prepare for the results.....

It is thier policies not that they are Gay, or whatever...if I shopped at a local store, and found the nice sweet ole lady behind the counter was giving to the IRA, I would find another store....not because she was old, or a lady, but because of her policy, of giving to an organization, I would not want to support.....

one result is less business...... and less brand loyalty.....

I own fords.....and Jeeps, doesn't mean I will buy them again, ....thus no brand loyalty...

I know a few people who drove fords all thier lives, and this made them look at other brands....so in effect the brand lost one (if not many) loyal customers....that is bad business...

Focus on the Family brought to light that AT&T supported them too.
Actually gave gays money and had signs up in the workplace about it.
I got a marketing call from AT&T several years ago so I asked
the person on the line about it. She said it was so, and that she didn't approve of it either, but needed her job.

So I dropped AT&T.

All they had to do was nothing...treat gays like everyone else...it was
foolish of them to make it an issue...

The question remains, which shade of grey do you allow? I think I am much less tolerant when it comes to my kids seeing the gay lifestyle up in your face.

I have as much right to that viewpoint as the gay people (or any other kind of people) have in theirs.

I would not go so far as to claim they are going to hell or anywhere else, as that is not a mortal decision.

I find myself fighting these type of battles (shades of grey) with my kids in their teens. Ultimately, I have decided, as with them, I will always love the sinner but not support the sin. I think that is closer to what God does with all of us.

So which companies are actually seeking recognition for this and what benefit has it actually been to them? Ford is in the middle of the fight for their life, a fitting reward. (If anyone would like to trade their ragtop Camaro for a ragtop Mustang I may be interested.)

I can't help but wonder how many of these companies are actually trying to avoid the possibility of discrimination lawsuits

Latest posts