• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Care Packages!!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

The Washington cow closed the export markets, due to other countries believing there were more infected with in the US, but that they were not being found, because the US was not being totally honest with their testing.

Were those countries, right or wrong? Was the USDA doing their jobs or not?

Many tend to blame R-Calf for their problems. I remember the NCBA members voted on a 11 point directive that was stating about the same things R-Calf was at that time. Just because the members were later out voted by someone above them doesn't take away how the MAJORITY of the members felt and voted. They must be in the same low life camp as the R-Calf members.

HAY MAKER said:
TimH said:
Haymaker- "I believe you canuckle heads are forgetting who where and why,the border was ever an issue,talking about being morally corrupt,95% of you never even heard of "captive supply" much less give a damn about your neighbors to the south,till the border closed because of "your" BSE problem.
We lost many dollars of exports due to your I believe you canuckle heads are forgetting who where and why,the border was ever an issue,talking about being morally corrupt,95% of you never even heard of "captive supply" much less give a damn about your neighbors to the south,till the border closed because of "your" BSE problem.
We lost many dollars of exports due to your negligence...........good luck...........good luck"

The Washington cow was 8 years old. The Texas BSE cow was 12.
What would you be saying today, Haymaker, if the Texas cow had been found first?? Think about it!! :roll:

Well since we are fantasizing,suppose the only cow found was the TX 12 year old,now you tell me what caused the collapse of the export market?..............good luck

The cause of the "collapse of the export market" would be the same in either case, would it not?..... A BSE positive.
Now, about that "negligence" thing, Haymaker.......Who would you be blaming if the Texas cow had been found first??

TimH said:
HAY MAKER said:
TimH said:
Haymaker- "I believe you canuckle heads are forgetting who where and why,the border was ever an issue,talking about being morally corrupt,95% of you never even heard of "captive supply" much less give a damn about your neighbors to the south,till the border closed because of "your" BSE problem.
We lost many dollars of exports due to your I believe you canuckle heads are forgetting who where and why,the border was ever an issue,talking about being morally corrupt,95% of you never even heard of "captive supply" much less give a damn about your neighbors to the south,till the border closed because of "your" BSE problem.
We lost many dollars of exports due to your negligence...........good luck...........good luck"

What would you be saying today, Haymaker, if the Texas cow had been found first?? Think about it!! :roll:

Well since we are fantasizing,suppose the only cow found was the TX 12 year old,now you tell me what caused the collapse of the export market?..............good luck

The cause of the "collapse of the export market" would be the same in either case, would it not?..... A BSE positive.
Now, about that "negligence" thing, Haymaker.......Who would you be blaming if the Texas cow had been found first??

No one,there would be no need,because we would not have lost one dollar in exports,the cow was born before the feed ban,I believe its plain what caused the exports to collaspe............good luck

TimH said:
HAY MAKER said:
TimH said:

Export market losses may have been based more on foriegn credibility assessment of the USDA than BSE.

Haymaker- "No one,there would be no need,because we would not have lost one dollar in exports,the cow was born before the feed ban,I believe its plain what caused the exports to collaspe............good luck"

Are you saying that the Washington cow was born after the feed ban???
:???:

TimH said:
Haymaker- "No one,there would be no need,because we would not have lost one dollar in exports,the cow was born before the feed ban,I believe its plain what caused the exports to collaspe............good luck"

Are you saying that the Washington cow was born after the feed ban???
:???:

No Im not,but I will say the record keeping credibility of the usda is suspect by our export customers, 90 days is cutting it a lil thin.............good luck

PS besides makes no difference the washington cow was a canadian import, my memory is not to good this morning,how many cases of "BSE" have you had that were post ban ?

Geez I'm busy string popcorn and the missus is knitting for our poor beleagured R-Calfer's and all you can do is fight lol. Lucky the border never closed to those good old Canadian reindeer Santa drives. If Ranchers.net does the 'Christmas Carol' I think we can cast Haymaker as scrooge and be pretty safe lol.

Northern Rancher said:
Geez I'm busy string popcorn and the missus is knitting for our poor beleagured R-Calfer's and all you can do is fight lol. Lucky the border never closed to those good old Canadian reindeer Santa drives. If Ranchers.net does the 'Christmas Carol' I think we can cast Haymaker as scrooge and be pretty safe lol.

Scrooge my skinny ass,I give more than my share to charities,especially at Xmas,and I will state this again for you canuckle heads that forget regularly,I do not support the border being closed,never did,that's a fact,it's also a fact that you canuckle heads are the reason that it was closed to begin with,I did say it was only fair that we regain our export markets before the border was fully opened........................good luck

PS I believe we could cast some of you canuckle heads as santa's helpers,especially the one called Dumbo,that resembles a toad.

feeder said:
Many tend to blame R-Calf for their problems. I remember the NCBA members voted on a 11 point directive that was stating about the same things R-Calf was at that time. Just because the members were later out voted by someone above them doesn't take away how the MAJORITY of the members felt and voted. They must be in the same low life camp as the R-Calf members.

Sorry, feeder, but someone has fed you a doozie of a story on that situation. I'm real sorry you fell for it. Would you please state specifically how those directives compared with "the same things R-CALF was stating at the time". I see little comparison.

FACT: I'm not sure what the proportion of the vote at the meeting was, not now many members actually voted, but I do know there was more emotion than science or fact involved in the decision.

FACT: after achieving much of the action suggested in the 11 points, leaders asked state affiliate directors via phone conference (and such conferences are not unusual between national meetings) what to do.

The answer of the state affiliate representatives was to proceed with what they had......effectively giving the go ahead, as per rules and regulations set by the MEMBERS of the organizations involved, both state and national.

MRJ

HAY MAKER said:
Northern Rancher said:

Scrooge my skinny ass,I give more than my share to charities,especially at Xmas,and I will state this again for you canuckle heads that forget regularly,I do not support the border being closed,never did,that's a fact,it's also a fact that you canuckle heads are the reason that it was closed to begin with,I did say it was only fair that we regain our export markets before the border was fully opened........................good luck

PS I believe we could cast some of you canuckle heads as santa's helpers,especially the one called Dumbo,that resembles a toad.

I would pay money to see Ebeneezer haymaker carry our own Tiny Tim around on his shoulders.

By the way Sandhusker is missing. Anybody seen him?

Big Muddy rancher said:
HAY MAKER said:
Northern Rancher said:

I would pay money to see Ebeneezer haymaker carry our own Tiny Tim around on his shoulders.

HERE!

Sandhusker said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
HAY MAKER said:

HERE!

Guess you've been wrapped up in looking.EH

cowsense said:
Sandhusker: Canada like the US had suspended EU trade before BSE as part of an escalating trade dispute......the last straw was the EU's use of the hormone issue as a nontariff trade barrier- an issue that is still unresolved :!:

I've been doing research trying to find what countries Canada imports from now and in the past and found something interesting; Canada shut out products from the UK in 1989 - but the EU wasn't formed until 1993. It appears you weren't taking anything from the UK way before the hormone issue came up.

this really saddens me....

here was a nice little thread about love and charity, and a bunch of wealthy Canadian cattle barons sending poor little white trash Jigs some goods to trade for booze and tobacco, and what the hell happens??/

you all turn it into a border war where Haymaker is beating Santa's reindeer with Tiny Tims cane because Canada shut off beef imports fron the UK.

can't we all get along and focus on the joy of the season.......sending me some beads and trinkets!!!

Jigs, leave your address, I'll send you some good AAA Canadian beef, which translates to your choice.

Maybe we can do this, we'll tie one bottle of Canadian whiskey around the neck of every steer that crosses the border.

Latest posts