• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Cebull and R-calf

Help Support Ranchers.net:

For what possible reason? As far as I know no one has requested a postponement.

ocm said:
For what possible reason? As far as I know no one has requested a postponement.

For this reason OCM......
Daily Update for Wednesday July 20

July 20, 2005
Canadian Cattlemen's Association

This is the daily update for Wednesday July 20 brought to you by the Canadian Cattlemen's Association and BMO Bank of Montreal. The July 27 hearing in U.S. District Court, Montana Division (located in Billings) has been postponed, with the potential that the case may not proceed. Judge Cebull issued an order this morning vacating the hearing. The order states that upon receipt of the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals' opinion setting out that court's reasoning for reversing the District Court's preliminary injunction, Judge Cebull will determine whether further hearings are necessary. It is not unexpected that a lower court would delay a hearing until such time as a higher court issues its reasons for a reversal such as the one entered in this case. The important fact is that trade in both live cattle and beef will continue while we await the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals' opinion, and Judge Cebull's decision on next steps. The Canadian Cattlemen's Association looks forward to an end to legal proceedings. This update has been brought to you by the Canadian Cattlemen's Association and BMO Bank of Montreal.

Good news at last! A rep from our local auction company who seems to find out new developments in advancwe of the media called to say "Cebull has folded, and given up! I wonder if our informant is right?

Cebull is between a rock and hard place. He can't go against the ruling of another court which threw out R-calf's arguments in 40 minutes. On the other hand he can't piss off the people who elect him. The only thing to do is not have a hearing and he won't make anyone mad.
________
how to make a vaporizer

adventureman said:
Cebull is between a rock and hard place. He can't go against the ruling of another court which threw out R-calf's arguments in 40 minutes. On the other hand he can't p*** of the people who elect him. The only thing to do is not have a hearing and he won't make anyone mad.

He's not elected, he is appointed.

I take it that Cebull is simply waiting until the Ninth Court makes it's reasons for overturning known. I'm sure attorneys for boths sides need to know what the boys in robes and Birkenstocks are thinking as well.

The order states that upon receipt of the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals' opinion setting out that court's reasoning for reversing the District Court's preliminary injunction, Judge Cebull will determine whether further hearings are necessary.

Now that makes sense. If he ends up writing another finding that they will likely look at it makes sense for him to first find out exactly what they found wrong with it.

And take heart. Remember that the Ninth Circuit has the Guinness World Record for being overturned by the US Supreme Court.

OCM, youve got a bad attitude towards damn near everythiing havent you?got to learn to get a long like a family on here!!!

Sandhusker said:
He's not elected, he is appointed.

I take it that Cebull is simply waiting until the Ninth Court makes it's reasons for overturning known. I'm sure attorneys for boths sides need to know what the boys in robes and Birkenstocks are thinking as well.

My mistake I was under the impression that all officials in the US are elected, from the dog catcher to the President. Also, pardon my ignorance, but is the Ninth Circut a "higher" court than the court that Cebull presides over, or are they equal.

And the anouncement that the hearing is indefinately postponed was just on the local radio news, so I guess it is true.
________
Norfolk Assembly

That link didn't work for me, but http://foodmarket.com will work.

Gee, I guess now the members of R-Calf can learn what it's like to sit and wait and wait and wait until someone somewhere decides maybe they will get around to deciding their fate. :? If they ever do.

OCM, youve got a bad attitude towards damn near everythiing havent you?got to learn to get a long like a family on here!!!

All my local friends say exactly the opposite. I actually had a friend tell me this last week how patient I always am with people who "don't get it."

Maybe it's the difference between talking and writing.

And if you are referring to my comment about the Ninth Circuit---it is a well known fact that they have been overturned more by the Supreme Court than any other Circuit Court has.

They have a record of playing fast and loose with the law and with the Constitution and that's why they've been overturned so much. Remember this is the Circuit Court that said that the Pledge of Allegiance was unconstitutional. It is filled with judges of the kind that George W. Bush would not even consider appointing to the Supreme Court. (I should note that there are one or two out of the thirteen judges who aren't too bad.)

My distaste for the Ninth Circuit is not personal--it is political, and it far predated the R-CALF case. The Ninth Circuit has long stood against nearly everything I'm for, and have a bad habit of substituting opinion for law.

ocm said:

All my local friends say exactly the opposite. I actually had a friend tell me this last week how patient I always am with people who "don't get it."

Maybe it's the difference between talking and writing.

And if you are referring to my comment about the Ninth Circuit---it is a well known fact that they have been overturned more by the Supreme Court than any other Circuit Court has.

They have a record of playing fast and loose with the law and with the Constitution and that's why they've been overturned so much. Remember this is the Circuit Court that said that the Pledge of Allegiance was unconstitutional. It is filled with judges of the kind that George W. Bush would not even consider appointing to the Supreme Court. (I should note that there are one or two out of the thirteen judges who aren't too bad.)

My distaste for the Ninth Circuit is not personal--it is political, and it far predated the R-CALF case. The Ninth Circuit has long stood against nearly everything I'm for, and have a bad habit of substituting opinion for law.

Your distaste for the Ninth Circuit is matched by my disgust with Cebull's cartoon court. The Ninth has "a bad habit of substituting opinion for law". And what pray tell, did Cebull's ruling portray? Substituting bribery for law?

When asked if consumers should continue eating beef after the border opened, Bullard said "Absolutely. We still have the safest beef in the world, but we need to take some additional steps to make it safer."

DUH DUH DUH!!!

I know how to make it safer!!!! COOK THE DAMM STUFF.....PROPERLY! :roll:

CattleCo said:
When asked if consumers should continue eating beef after the border opened, Bullard said "Absolutely. We still have the safest beef in the world, but we need to take some additional steps to make it safer."

DUH DUH DUH!!!

I know how to make it safer!!!! COOK THE DAMM STUFF.....PROPERLY! :roll:

Cooking has no affect on the bse prions. Better go back to bse school, you failed.

Don't mind ocm!

He's just upset that the 9th Circuit didn't unanymously agree with R-CULT that our beef was "high risk" since we now have a BSE case in our native herd.

Thank God for science over emotional import blaming isolationists that want to jeoprodize the integrity of the U.S. beef industry with their short sighted views on imports.

~SH~

~SH~ said:
Don't mind ocm!

He's just upset that the 9th Circuit didn't unanymously agree with R-CULT that our beef was "high risk" since we now have a BSE case in our native herd.

Thank God for science over emotional import blaming isolationists that want to jeoprodize the integrity of the U.S. beef industry with their short sighted views on imports.

~SH~

Let's see..... "X" has 4 cases, "Y" has 1. "X" has 1/7th the population of "Y"s to produce 4 times the number of cases. Yep, looks like they should be in the same classification to me..... :roll:

Let's see..... "X" has 4 cases, "Y" has 1. "X" has 1/7th the population of "Y"s to produce 4 times the number of cases. Yep, looks like they should be in the same classification to me.....

Let's see "X" has 4 cases after diligently looking for them in the dead and downer stock all across the country and using the world standard 'Western Blot' test. "Y" has 1 case after avoiding testing at risk animals, and using the "IHC Test" which has been long abandoned as unreliable by the rest of the world. Who would you believe has the higher 'TRUE' incidence of BSE in the cattle population? The ones who are searching for it? or the ones who are trying to avoid finding it?

Latest posts