• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

CLOSE THE TEXAS BORDER!!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

CattleCo

Reaction score
If you listen to the 26 minute teleconference that is on the web from last night's announcement, they say that it was a Brahma cross cow.

Another interesting note, I think it was the last reporter put them on the spot. "Will the Texas border be closed to cattle and beef movement like Canada?"
You Canadians just gotta love this!!!
I can see it all now.......cattle butchering and hogs being scalded in the parking lots of Texas Wal Mart's !! :roll:

CattleCo said:
If you listen to the 26 minute teleconference that is on the web from last night's announcement, they say that it was a Brahma cross cow.

Another interesting note, I think it was the last reporter put them on the spot. "Will the Texas border be closed to cattle and beef movement like Canada?"
You Canadians just gotta love this!!!
I can see it all now.......cattle butchering and hogs being scalded in the parking lots of Texas Wal Mart's !! :roll:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Yep follow R-Calfs hard and fast rules nothing gets out of Texas for 7 years. :!: Diseased..contaminated..risk to human health and all that jazz.

:shock: I vote for that, how about it Haymaker, nothing leaves Texas alive or in a box for seven years. :eek: :wink: :lol: :pretty:

TAM:
Hey, does that include George Bush??? Sorry, but the devil made me put this one up!! I was hoping to make it to the Stampede this year, but it will have to wait another year...... Maybe we can have a convention on the border for American Ranchers for opening the border!!! We would have to get bullet proof vehicles or fight our way through Montana!!! Hell, lets ride across Montana.....and drive some Texas Longhorns!!! :roll: This whole closed border deal is so stupid..........if you did not poke fun at it you would go stark raving mad!!

CattleCo said:
TAM:
Hey, does that include George Bush??? Sorry, but the devil made me put this one up!! I was hoping to make it to the Stampede this year, but it will have to wait another year...... Maybe we can have a convention on the border for American Ranchers for opening the border!!! We would have to get bullet proof vehicles or fight our way through Montana!!! Hell, lets ride across Montana.....and drive some Texas Longhorns!!! :roll: This whole closed border deal is so stupid..........if you did not poke fun at it you would go stark raving mad!!

Well I guess we will have to leave George W up to your judgment. We have never been to the stampede but our one daughter hopes to get away this year and go again as she has been there once before. And the other daughter lives in Calgary so she'll take in a bit I would guess. Maybe I will go someday but just not high on my list of things to do.
As far as the convention name a date and we'll try distract the boys from the south while you sneak by. It may be hard as we do have the ex sheriff sitting as their last line of defence but hes and Oldtimer so maybe you can just out run him in your sprint to the border :wink: I guess we will just have to see what happens in July pray that the truth and common sense rules the day but I'm not counting on it. :roll:

The day of Reconing has come!!!!! Now I will enjoy seeing all the worms squirm! Texas you say................................ now thats really funny!

GOODLUCK!!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

reader (the Second) said:
Cowgal said:
The day of Reconing has come!!!!! Now I will enjoy seeing all the worms squirm! Texas you say................................ now thats really funny!

GOODLUCK!!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Where have you guys been for weeks? They said from the beginning that this was the November cow, which anyone following knows was the "Texas cow." This is not news, folks.

I always thought "Reconing" was replacing the "point" on my DUNCE hat!
I reckon not? :wink:

Although I can certainly understand how the Canadians will view this as "bittersweet", you have underestimated R-CALF.

Have you seen any retractions for anything they have stated?

You won't!

These folks have no shame.

If we took them at their word, they would support Japan banning our imports for 7 years. Heck, Dennis McDonald from R-CALF went so far as to suggest that we should not be slaughtering cows if we had a domestic case of BSE. Does anyone think he will retract that statement?

Won't happen! He will go on as if it was never stated. That is the mindset you are dealing with.

They will contradict what they stated yesterday and not give the contradiction a second thought. They will forge ahead as if there is nothing wrong with the lies they stated about Canada. They have learned from the master of deception, Bill Clinton.

Do you think any R-CALF member will admit to their own hypocrisy?

Won't happen!

These folks are arrogant beyond your wildest imagination. Having someone or something to blame is that important to them. They will say and do whatever it takes to convince everyone that there is a difference between the Canadian and U.S. BSE precautionary measures.

~SH~

Ok Mike and Reader.... shoot me for my spelling and slow responses to daily/weekly events................

Duh!!!!! I am blond(natural) blah, blah, blah....................

I have 4 kids - 8,7,5,1 and am lucky if I can pee in peace and under 45 seconds. . Soooooooooooooo if i neglect to keep on top of things and/or do a spell check BARE with me. Is that right Mike or is it Bear?
It was an after thought to all this nonsense - sorry for sounding so dumb!
I just thought it was funny - guess I was wrong.

:???:

Cowgal said:
Ok Mike and Reader.... shoot me for my spelling and slow responses to daily/weekly events................

Duh!!!!! I am blond(natural) blah, blah, blah....................

I have 4 kids - 8,7,5,1 and am lucky if I can pee in peace and under 45 seconds. . Soooooooooooooo if i neglect to keep on top of things and/or do a spell check BARE with me. Is that right Mike or is it Bear?
It was an after thought to all this nonsense - sorry for sounding so dumb!
I just thought it was funny - guess I was wrong.

:???:

Just funnin' little lady! I agree, to "all this nonsense". Have fun and don't worry about me. And NO ONE SAID YOU WERE DUMB! Mike

And anothing thing........................
Pretty much its you guys against us, as far as I have seen in the past three days of joining here. Whats with that? Are we all not cattle producers here and grown ups? Yes, a bit of fun & jabbing is one thing, but is there really a hostility going on? Why can't there be a happy medium and a desire to help one another in this industry?

Jiking and humour is one thing, but down right nastiness is awful?

:cry:

Cowgal said:
And anothing thing........................
Pretty much its you guys against us, as far as I have seen in the past three days of joining here. Whats with that? Are we all not cattle producers here and grown ups? Yes, a bit of fun & jabbing is one thing, but is there really a hostility going on? Why can't there be a happy medium and a desire to help one another in this industry?

Jiking and humour is one thing, but down right nastiness is awful?

:cry:
I guess when peoples livlihoods are at stake, it tends to get a little tense. Yes, at times there really is hostility going on. It's the real world. Relax and enjoy it! :wink:

Ok Mike I will settle down... Its Canada Day tomorrow - like your 4th of July I suppose. I'll get me a bottle in front of me & smile!!!!! I'll have one for you too!

:wink: :wink: :wink:

~SH~ said:
Although I can certainly understand how the Canadians will view this as "bittersweet", you have underestimated R-CALF.

Have you seen any retractions for anything they have stated? You won't!
These folks have no shame.

If we took them at their word, they would support Japan banning our imports for 7 years. Heck, Dennis McDonald from R-CALF went so far as to suggest that we should not be slaughtering cows if we had a domestic case of BSE. Does anyone think he will retract that statement?
Won't happen! He will go on as if it was never stated. That is the mindset you are dealing with.

They will contradict what they stated yesterday and not give the contradiction a second thought. They will forge ahead as if there is nothing wrong with the lies they stated about Canada. They have learned from the master of deception, Bill Clinton. Do you think any R-CALF member will admit to their own hypocrisy? Won't happen!

These folks are arrogant beyond your wildest imagination. Having someone or something to blame is that important to them. They will say and do whatever it takes to convince everyone that there is a difference between the Canadian and U.S. BSE precautionary measures.

~SH~

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This coming from the "false advertising" and "deceiving the Japanese "guy? :lol: :lol:

The same guy that says banks shouldn't make cow loans when prices are high, but yet should not give advice? :D :D

This from the guy who spouts sound science must be applied evenly to trade, but yet sees no problem if the prevailing sound science is compromised by "negotiating"? :lol: :lol:

This statement from one who claims to champion the truth and calls others factually void, but when pressed to back his claims says, "I will back my statements only if it is convienient to me" or "Do your own homework"? :lol: :lol: No hypocracy there? :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tell us more of what you think, SH! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: LETS HEAR IT! :lol: :lol: :lol: YEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAWWW! :p

Sandman: "This coming from the "false advertising" and "deceiving the Japanese "guy?"

That's right, even Creekstone's CEO admitted that BSE testing of young cattle does nothing to assure the safety of the beef.

You are the consumer deception promoter. Right up your alley!

Sandman: "The same guy that says banks shouldn't make cow loans when prices are high, but yet should not give advice?"

That is an out and out lie!

I know what I said. What I said was that SOME bankers throw money at $1300 cows even when they wont pencil out. As long as they have the collateral to cover the note! Your own words questioned your responsibilty to manage their operations. In other words, "so what if their investment goes bad". Hey, business is business right? Then turn around and cuss the packers for conducting business the same way.

Sandman: "This from the guy who spouts sound science must be applied evenly to trade, but yet sees no problem if the prevailing sound science is compromised by "negotiating"?"

The best available science has never been compromised. To the contrary, Japan's officials have agreed that BSE testing of cattle less than 24 months of age is an effort in futility.

Sandman: "This statement from one who claims to champion the truth and calls others factually void, but when pressed to back his claims says, "I will back my statements only if it is convienient to me" or "Do your own homework"? No hypocracy there?"

You have never proven anything I have stated as being wrong by presenting opposing facts yet you challenge everything that doesn't support your R-CULT blaming bias. I won't play games with you by having to support every statement I make with supporting facts. If what I state is untrue, it's your job to prove me wrong.

You got nothing here Sandman!

Yet like a drunk you keep staggering back into the bar to take another beating with factual information that you cannot refute.

~SH~

Latest posts