• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Deceit, deception and desperation?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Bill

Reaction score
DECEIT, DECEPTION AND DESPERATION: RCALF-USA
The sky's the limit when it comes
to milking the American court
system

The lead lawyer among the three law firms which have billed an estimated $1.8 million to the looney R-CALF outfit is Russell Frye of Washington DC. In all there are four lawyers working the case, all members of a whole community of Washington lawyers who are available 24/7 to cater to such deluded fanatics as make up R-CALF.

On Sept. 9 (09/09) Frye filed a petition with the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco for a re-hearing of the July appeal which shot down the March 1 decision of backwoods Montana judge Richard Cebull, granting the temporary injunction that delayed Canadian live cattle exports. The request asks that all 11 judges of the Circuit Court hear the USDA appeal all over again from the beginning because of the 'national importance' of the case. The original decision was rendered on July 14 by a panel of three judges, the usual number for cases of this nature. Re-hearings are literally unheard-of except in rare instances when there is a constitutional issue and Supreme Court potential. Against the well-known guidelines any action challenging the competency of USDA to make routine regulatory decisions is laughable.

Yet sillier are the grounds advanced. One of them is that mad cow disease which originated in Canada has cost the U.S. "billions of dollars" in lost exports. In fact the U.S. has no beef to export if it does not import cattle and beef from Canada. Another is that "importation of diseased animals could result in the spread of BSE"; everyone by now knows that mad cow disease cannot be passed from one live animal to another, just as everyone knows that it has never been detected in any animal younger than 30 months. Elsewhere the brief wants the court to uphold the injunction because of USDA's historic responsibility for preventing the entry of "communicable diseases" when in fact BSE is not communicable. In another place the brief contends that the appeal judges "ignored the District Court's finding that USDA had a preconceived intention to allow Canadian imports before the facts were developed."

The request contends that the case is important enough to deserve the attention of the full court because many organizations filed or attempted to file briefs in support of R-CALF at the appeal stage. If the number of interested parties had anything to do with the conduct of legal cases the American judicial system and history would not even resemble today's.

If there is any point in the brief that a court might take seriously, it is a tiny technicality concerning the department's statutory obligation to quantify any risks associated with regulatory decisions. In their appearance before the Ninth Circuit USDA lawyers stated the risk was insignificant. The brief argues that USDA should have explained its criteria for categorizing the risk as such. However that is a very small hook on which to hang a major demand upon the court. The Ninth Circuit, like all American courts, has an unmanageable backlog of pending cases. It will have to consider the precedent if it agrees to re-hear. A Louisiana flood of similar requests would quickly inundate it.

R-CALF is out of gas and desperate and all it will succeed in doing is to keep the pot simmering a while longer. Meanwhile, still waiting in the wings, is Billings judge Cebull, who has not officially ended R-CALF's application for a permanent injunction against all Canadian cattle and beef shipments. A postponement declared on July 20 remains but the case is still technically alive.
:roll:

Looks Kinda like a pre play in football,start to run the play an just before the last second to hike the ball ,call a timeout and readjust the offense to win.

Looks to me like if R-CALF's goal was to keep Canadian live cattle from glutting the market and lowering US prices, they have accomplished what they wanted...The stringent USDA rules for live import, which R-CALF lobbied for, and the unknown aspect of what will happen next with the border- (will it be closed again in appeal?- will Canadian origin beef be banned from sale in the US?) have sure kept the live cattle movements to very few......

Not too bad while taking a timeout..... :wink:

Oldtimer said:
Looks to me like if R-CALF's goal was to keep Canadian live cattle from glutting the market and lowering US prices, they have accomplished what they wanted...The stringent USDA rules for live import, which R-CALF lobbied for, and the unknown aspect of what will happen next with the border- (will it be closed again in appeal?- will Canadian origin beef be banned from sale in the US?) have sure kept the live cattle movements to very few......

Oldtimer you will take credit for anything in the name of R-CALF won't you. :roll: The Canadian beef industry have said all along that we didn't have enough cattle to glut your market. Or did you conveniently forget that fact? The NCBA also told you we didn't have enough cattle to glut your market after their whirlwind tour of our industry. As did the USDA after they toured and inspected our industry but R-CALF won't listen. They knew so much more without ever setting foot in Canada. Now that it has been proven that R-CALF was wrong as usual, you are taking credit for slowing something that everyone else said wouldn't happen in the first place. :shock: Why don't you just admit R-CALF was wrong and show some integrity in this BSE mess. God knows R-CALF as an organization isn't going to admit it but maybe if a few of their members showed some integrity, your leaders would see the damage they are doing. :?

OT: "Looks to me like if R-CALF's goal was to keep Canadian live cattle from glutting the market and lowering US prices, they have accomplished what they wanted...The stringent USDA rules for live import, which R-CALF lobbied for, and the unknown aspect of what will happen next with the border- (will it be closed again in appeal?- will Canadian origin beef be banned from sale in the US?) have sure kept the live cattle movements to very few......"

Oh, so now we are back to giving R-CULT credit for higher cattle prices and backlogging Canadian cattle again huh?

Perhaps you'd like to correct Tommy because he claims R-CULT is not responsible for backlogging Canadian cattle.

When are you guys going to take a position and stick with it?

Hold your head high Old Timer. You support the organization that defended making a few Canadian cattlemen suffer greatly so many U.S. cattlemen could benefit slightly based on a pack of lies while risking the integrity of the safety of our beef.

The washed up lawman who supports lying for a little more money.

You must be so proud!

~SH~

Tam said:
Oldtimer said:

Oldtimer you will take credit for anything in the name of R-CALF won't you. :roll: The Canadian beef industry have said all along that we didn't have enough cattle to glut your market. Or did you conveniently forget that fact? The NCBA also told you we didn't have enough cattle to glut your market after their whirlwind tour of our industry. As did the USDA after they toured and inspected our industry but R-CALF won't listen. They knew so much more without ever setting foot in Canada. Now that it has been proven that R-CALF was wrong as usual, you are taking credit for slowing something that everyone else said wouldn't happen in the first place. :shock: Why don't you just admit R-CALF was wrong and show some integrity in this BSE mess. God knows R-CALF as an organization isn't going to admit it but maybe if a few of their members showed some integrity, your leaders would see the damage they are doing. :?

And as long as you sit around and whine, cry and moan about R-CALF and things of the past and worry and stew over the next court ruling it takes a lot of your (Canadians, USDA, AMI, NCBA) time and effort off getting the OTM beef rule and OTM cattle rule changed- thus keeping up our cull prices...Thanks R-CALF- Thanks Tam :wink:

Just too bad Canada can't use that effort to open up some outside markets without having to ride the US producers shirttails......

I guess the bright side of people like OT posting his crap on here is that those closest to him are spared whatever misery and bullshit he spews out here.

Oldtimer- "Just too bad Canada can't use that effort to open up some outside markets without having to ride the US producers shirttails......"

OT, Every time you come out with that "shirtails" thing I laugh my butt off!!! :D :D :D
Using the your logic, I envision a Japanese beef producer saying the same thing about YOU!!

"Why can't Amelican Lanchews open up own mawkets and stop liding on Japanese ploducew's kimono tairs???" :lol:

Maybe Japan needs an R-calf type organization to block imports of all that "genuine risk of DEATH" USA beef........being as BSE has been discovered in the native American herd!!!!
:D :D :D

SH--
Hold your head high Old Timer. You support the organization that defended making a few Canadian cattlemen suffer greatly so many U.S. cattlemen could benefit slightly based on a pack of lies while risking the integrity of the safety of our beef.

Sounds like what the packers did to the cash market SH. Exchange "safetey of our beef" with "marktets" and "Canadian cattlemen" with cash market and "U.S. cattlemen" with packers. You know the game well.

Oldtimer said:
Tam said:
Oldtimer said:

And as long as you sit around and whine, cry and moan about R-CALF and things of the past and worry and stew over the next court ruling it takes a lot of your (Canadians, USDA, AMI, NCBA) time and effort off getting the OTM beef rule and OTM cattle rule changed- thus keeping up our cull prices...Thanks R-CALF- Thanks Tam :wink:

Just too bad Canada can't use that effort to open up some outside markets without having to ride the US producers shirttails......

Oldtimer you keep saying that Canada in riding the shirttails of the US. I have a question for you if you are importing over a Billion dollars more beef now than you did pre BSE just to cover your domestic market, Where are you going to get the beef you will need to cover the Japanese and Korea markets, if you do get them back? Out of the mouths of US kids???? You do not have the beef you need to cover your domestic markets without $1,190,893,000 worth of Canadian beef (in 2004) so where will the beef come from to cover your export markets? Whos beef will you be shipping over there Oldtimer could it maybe be Canadian beef with the Product of Canada label taken off. Whom is living off of whom Oldtimer? Canada is supplying you with beef because the US consumers are demanding MORE THAN YOU CAN SUPPLY.

Quote: "Sounds like what the packers did to the cash market SH. Exchange "safetey of our beef" with "marktets" and "Canadian cattlemen" with cash market and "U.S. cattlemen" with packers."

Is there a translator present?

I hope that made sense to you Kindergarten.

~SH~

~SH~ said:
Oh, so now we are back to giving R-CULT credit for higher cattle prices and backlogging Canadian cattle again huh?

Perhaps you'd like to correct Tommy because he claims R-CULT is not responsible for backlogging Canadian cattle.

When are you guys going to take a position and stick with it?

~SH~

SH.. Tam has given R-CALF credit or blame for everything that has occurred in the cattle and beef industry during the last decade...She has risen Bill and Leo to superhuman status- I don't want to disillusion the young lady, so maybe we should start taking the credit- if for no other reason just to humor her :wink: :lol: ........

I had a chance today to read some comments on the Agriville Beef Forum put on by Rkaiser- explaining working with the CBEF (Canadian Beef Export Foundation)...I have to give kaiser credit- he and the Big C group are definitely out there working to get the Canadian producers some markets, rather than like the majority which just batters R-CALF and looks to the US as their only market and saviour.....
I had to copy one of his paragraphs:

"Yesterday was round table dicussions with members split in about seven groups. Our table alone included the Chairman of ABP, the outgoing Chair of CBEF Ben Thorlakson, the CAO of ABP, a high ranking Fed beuracrat, and a CCA director who had was trying to hide the holes in his nose from the ring installed by the mutinational packer led USDA. (DID I SAY THAT)."

Yep- CCA and NCBA are definitely siamese twins :wink: :lol: :lol:

I too aplaud Randy Kaiser for trying to control his own destiny through a producer owned packing venture.

I supported the same thing here in the U.S. with NPPB and USPB.

Are we to expect you to support the Big C's exports to the U.S. then Old Timer?

~SH~

~SH~ said:
I too aplaud Randy Kaiser for trying to control his own destiny through a producer owned packing venture.

I supported the same thing here in the U.S. with NPPB and USPB.

Are we to expect you to support the Big C's exports to the U.S. then Old Timer?

~SH~

I support Big C's efforts to open up all markets- because unlike all the other Canadian lackey groups, they are not looking at ONLY the US...they are looking at other methods- BSE testing and selling tested beef, no hormone beef, possibly to Japan, Asia and Europe.... Kind of refreshing to see someone challenge the status quo after years of watching CCA- NCBA and USDA kissing the multinational corporations rear as they say YASSAH MASTA.....

Oldtimer said:

Say it ain't so Oldtimer!!! You said that R-Calf wanted live cattle kept out because it was a food safety issue and herd health issue! Now we find out it was actually a trade barrier?? :lol: :lol:

Bill said:
Oldtimer said:

Say it ain't so Oldtimer!!! You said that R-Calf wanted live cattle kept out because it was a food safety issue and herd health issue! Now we find out it was actually a trade barrier?? :lol: :lol:

Bill- Tam says thats R-CALFs goal-- so if it is then they are succeeding....Just Trying to humor Tam- keep up her super power belief in R-CALF :wink: :lol: :lol:

Oldtimer said:
Bill said:
Oldtimer said:

Bill- Tam says thats R-CALFs goal-- so if it is then they are succeeding....Just Trying to humor Tam- keep up her super power belief in R-CALF :wink: :lol: :lol:
Actually I think they are more like Jim Baker and Jimmy Swaggart passing the collection plate around! :lol: We know where any surplus ends up. :wink:

Latest posts