• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Eighteen below zero

Help Support Ranchers.net:

This what we have to look forward to today looking after our group!

Alerts for: The Battlefords - Unity - Maidstone - St. Walburg

Public Alerts
Marine Alerts
Special Weather Statements

Warnings
The Battlefords - Unity - Maidstone - St. Walburg
4:30 AM CST Friday 06 December 2013
Wind chill warning for
The Battlefords - Unity - Maidstone - St. Walburg continued

Extreme wind chills in the minus forties.

This is a warning that extreme wind chill conditions are imminent or occurring in these regions. Monitor weather conditions..listen for updated statements.

A bitterly cold airmass sits over Southern Saskatchewan this morning. Temperatures are within a couple of degrees either side of minus 30, and with northwest winds of 15 to 25 km/h is resulting in extreme wind chills in the minus forties.

Wind chills will moderate somewhat this afternoon, but are expected to once again reach warning levels in the minus forties overnight and into Saturday morning. With wind chills in the minus forties, frostbite can occur in as little as 5 to 10 minutes.

CA

-29 here at 0630... Neighbor upriver says its -38 at his place.. National weather thermometer downriver says -30....Anyway you look at it, too darn cold...
Neighbor called last night and said he found 28 more head of his cows that he was able to get corralled before it got dark and needs help hauling out today...
Could be an interesting day...

-31F (-35C) here this morning. I imagine it will cool off quite a bit around sunrise.

My son just left for another day on the pipeline. Texted me back that his truck says -40 (for those who may not know, that's where the Celsius and Fahrenheit scales converge.) And his chickenschmidt old man hasn't had the nerve to stick his nose outside yet!
7:45 AM, north of Rocky Mountain House Alberta

it's balmy here...the car showed 1 above when I dropped my son off at school this morning.

leanin' H said:
-20 here. Cold enough to freeze my nose shut pretty quick while feeding. If this keeps up til march i may head for Arizona.
look me up when u get here....

Suppose to be -5 here tonight and we have 8-10" on snow. And here we aren't in northern country.. :mad:

Its warmed up to 4 below, at noon. Took all morning to get something to run. Finally got the Gator to run, and took it out to do chores. A mile in it at minus 20 isn't my idea of fun. Guess the pickup will go in the shop tonight. Even insulated and with the wood stove burning everything it can, its not melting the snow off of the other pickup.

Supposed to get 3-5 inches of snow here on Sunday. Pointless to be THIS cold and not have snow on the ground....bring on the snow! Weather Channel app on my phone is showing 12 above.

Deer season begins tomorrow here in Iowa, rather have it be cold than sweating when all bundeled up.

According to my thermometer the overnight low here was -18 Valentine reported 24 below. It is +1 degrees now no wind. When I was a kid this was the kind of day we stayed home from school. School was 1 1/2 miles from home. Maybe we learned just as much looking at the pictures in the Sears & Roebuck catalog anyway.

Latest posts