• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Election Canada

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I'm pretty positive it was Lougheed that said it first only to be requoted by King Ralf.

It was kinda when the East was tring to regulate the Oil&Gas industry.I'm not positive but I think P.E.T was still in office.Up until that time I fancied myself a liberal.....lol

ps....I was a teenager....aren't all teens liberal thinkers,then thier brain grow,hormones slow down and the conserv in us evolve..... :wink:

I stand corrected. During the NEP I was working in the Oil Patch overseas. There were 400 people in the Calgary office when I left in '82 and 5 including me when I came back at the end of '83. Several of my friends were in mortgage trouble and things weren't too Rosy. I kind of felt guilty because I never missed any work. If it was Lougheed it would have been during that time. Stephan Dion could bring about that kind of change if we are foolhardy enough to elect him as PM.

Were are all the Candian Liberals on here. Good to see Canadian's discussing local politics but everyone is supporting the Conservative candidate. Even your resident liberal nonothing is going for the conservative candidate, even though he knocks ours every chance he gets? :shock:

Northern Rancher said:
The last mating pair of liberals in Sask. were seen heading east up the Qu'appelle Valley.

So east is where the Liberals reside? Funny how east is were most of our Liberals are also, or I should say extreame east and west cost.

Must be something in the Salt water that rust their brains much like the trucks that come from those area's! :lol:

There are only 12 liberals in Alberta and they are not ranchers so wouldn't be on this site. I am a little surprised not to hear from our eastern cousins though.

aplusmnt said:
Northern Rancher said:
The last mating pair of liberals in Sask. were seen heading east up the Qu'appelle Valley.

So east is where the Liberals reside? Funny how east is were most of our Liberals are also, or I should say extreame east and west cost.

Must be something in the Salt water that rust their brains much like the trucks that come from those area's! :lol:
Thats about exactly the way it is here. Although its lookin like even the West coasters are supporting the NDP's, thats 100 times worse then any Liberal ever thought of being.

Mrs.Greg said:
aplusmnt said:
Northern Rancher said:

Thats about exactly the way it is here. Although its lookin like even the West coasters are supporting the NDP's, thats 100 times worse then any Liberal ever thought of being.

Yes, unfortunately there are a lot of mislead people that vote No Dam Profit out here. It really gets my blood up when they talk about the workin' man's party that pretty much drove big business and jobs out of BC the last time they were in Provincially. Not that our Liberals are much better after their first go-round. :roll:

I find none of these parties to be true to thier party line...It comes down to who gets what.the liberals got in for many years by promiseing the east everything yet giving the west nothing....At one point in time the liberal priminster never even took trips to visit the western side of the country...Had it not been for really bad provincle leadership in BC or Alberta getting screwed because they had oil and sask never getting any respect or dare i say Preston Manning,the west may never have melded together politically..But we are now and the western vote matters more....Plus the lib leader is so weak that I may even get more votes for leader here at ranchers then he will get in Canada..... :)

nonothing said:
Plus the lib leader is so weak that I may even get more votes for leader here at ranchers then he will get in Canada..... :)

You sure you are not confusing Obama with your Liberal leader? :lol: Thought maybe you were confusing the two countries? :wink:

This man is totally ignorant! Says hes going to fight prices at the pump....then in his next breath hes going to fight the industry.....HELLOOOOO :roll: :roll: :? A day after Ike hit the Texas coast he makes this stupid statement

"Layton promises to stop 'rip-offs' at gas pumps"

NDP Leader Jack Layton promised Canadians his party will stop the "endless rip-offs" at the gas pumps if he is elected prime minister.

Layton vows end to pump 'rip-offs

CTV.ca News Staff

At a campaign stop in Toronto on Saturday afternoon, he repeated his plan to appoint an oversight commissioner who would review gas prices.

"If oil companies collude, under our plan they'll be investigated. If we catch them at it they'll be prosecuted. And the rip-offs will be stopped," Layton said.

Throughout the speech, NDP leader repeated the mantra of "change," a not-so-subtle reference to Barack Obama's presidential campaign in the U.S.

He told a cheering crowd that his party will bring the type of "change that restores Canada's role as a force for good in the world."

He also said Conservative Leader Stephen Harper has ignored the plight of ordinary Canadians and focused on helping his corporate friends.

"I hear anger, I hear frustration (and) a lot of worry," he said.

"I (also) hear a certain type of determination ... the sense that real change is possible."

As he has done for much of the campaign, Layton all but ignored any mention of Liberal Leader Stephane Dion. Instead, he focused his attacks almost entirely on Harper.

"Unlike Stephen Harper I refuse to standby as jobs get packed up and shipped out of the country," he said.

He said Harper has given corporations "an unlimited licence to pollute the air that your kids breathe."

The one time that Layton mentioned Dion, he attacked the Liberal leader's "Green Shift" carbon emissions plan. Layton said the proposal to have a revenue-neutral carbon tax won't work, and that if he is elected prime minister he'll take on big oil and "watch your back."

per said:
There are only 12 liberals in Alberta and they are not ranchers so wouldn't be on this site. I am a little surprised not to hear from our eastern cousins though.

Well I am about as far east as you can go - otherwise you will have to head west to get to me.

Seems most of the folks I talk to in the middle east are hard over planning to vote Conservative - but that does not surprise many here - although it has some journalists wondering - but then again they are products of journalism school!! Nuff said.

After all, the lieberals and the pinkos from the ndp have cut the nuts and tits off our guys and gals wearing uniforms for years.

At least I got a new pair of boots the last year that frigging frenchman from kebec was running the show - I could not be happier that we have that limp wristed school marm - errr..... man running the lieberals now.

No lieberals out here that I have seen - and certainly they do not find us worthy of a visit.

As for Taliban Jack - please keep him at home - let him have Toronto - in fact maybe we can give it, and Taliban Jack, to the U.S. of A. :D

Here is hoping - a Conservative majority from the middle east.

Looking forward to seeing cattle in the fields again - only 12 - 16 months to go.

Best to all

BC

You all have to remember, the Conservative party is only slightly to the right of the Democrats in the US (and actually to the left of them on some issues), the Liberals WAYYYYY left, and the NDP and Greenies so far left they just about fall off the edge.

Conservatives should be in good shape here (East-Central Ontario), they have four incumbents in this immediate area, which covers almost everything between Toronto and Ottawa.

Broke Cowboy said:
per said:

Well I am about as far east as you can go - otherwise you will have to head west to get to me.

Seems most of the folks I talk to in the middle east are hard over planning to vote Conservative - but that does not surprise many here - although it has some journalists wondering - but then again they are products of journalism school!! Nuff said.

After all, the lieberals and the pinkos from the ndp have cut the nuts and tits off our guys and gals wearing uniforms for years.

At least I got a new pair of boots the last year that frigging frenchman from kebec was running the show - I could not be happier that we have that limp wristed school marm - errr..... man running the lieberals now.

No lieberals out here that I have seen - and certainly they do not find us worthy of a visit.

As for Taliban Jack - please keep him at home - let him have Toronto - in fact maybe we can give it, and Taliban Jack, to the U.S. of A. :D

Here is hoping - a Conservative majority from the middle east.

Looking forward to seeing cattle in the fields again - only 12 - 16 months to go.

Best to all

BC
Lol,good post....Taliban Jack ...love it.... :lol:

Stay Safe BC.. :)

Latest posts