• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Event Notice: Leo McDonnell to Testify for R-CALF USA

Help Support Ranchers.net:

ocm

Reaction score
The Event Notice just released from R-CALF. I just got it in the mail(email). The date has a typo on it.

See Dorgan's press release announcing the same event.

http://dorgan.senate.gov/newsroom/record.cfm?id=269013

If you want further proof, note that twice February 21st is referred to as Wednesday, not true in 2006.

Event Notice

To: R-CALF USA Members, Media in North Dakota, South Dakota;

Trade Media

Member Contact: Candace Bullard, R-CALF USA Administrative Assistant

Phone: 406-252-2516

Media Contact: Shae Dodson, R-CALF USA Communications Coordinator

Phone: 406-672-8969

Date: February 19, 2006 [the date should read February 19, 2007]

Re: R-CALF USA Co-Founder/Past President Leo McDonnell to Testify on Behalf of the Organization at U.S. Senate Hearing Regarding USDA's Proposed Rule to Import Older Canadian Cattle

10 a.m. CST – Wednesday – February 21 – Bismarck, N.D.

R-CALF USA Co-Founder/Past President Leo McDonnell has accepted an invitation to testify on behalf of the organization at a hearing on the policy implications of the U.S. Department of Agriculture's (USDA's) proposed rule on importing Canadian cattle older than 30 months (OTM) of age. McDonnell will testify at 10 a.m. on Wednesday, Feb.21, in the Missouri Room of Bismarck State College in Bismarck, N.D.

The Interstate Commerce, Trade and Tourism Subcommittee of the U.S. Senate Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation is conducting the hearing.

McDonnell's testimony will be available after the hearing. Visit the "BSE-Litigation" link at www.r-calfusa.com to view those comments.

Activities carried out by R-CALF USA for the benefit of the U.S. cattle industry are funded exclusively by the independent cattle producers who pay their membership dues and by cattle producers, main-street businesses, and other individuals who participate in and contribute to fund-raising events.

R-CALF USA works on various issues that affect independent U.S. cattle producers, such as country-of-origin labeling, livestock price reporting, animal health concerns, captive supplies and packer ownership of livestock, as well as various trade agreements.

Note: To remove yourself from this list, reply to this e-mail and include the word "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

Yeh so what's your point?

Did Leo McDonnell resign from R-CALF?

Yes or No?

~SH~

~SH~ said:

Yes or No?

~SH~

The evidence is before you, so draw your own conclusion, if you are able.

ocm said:
~SH~ said:

Yes or No?

~SH~

ocm We all know how Leo loves the media so why didn't he stand on a stage and tell all the media that the stories about his resignation were false maybe he should have had Bill standing beside him and patting his back all while he told the media he was still with R-CALF. :wink:

Another thing why was there 12 board member present at Kiker booting but only 11 recorded votes 5 yes, 1 abstain, 1 absent, 4 no votes. Fudge was record as present at the meeting but was absent when the vote was taken WHY and Jerry Swartz was on the Board members present list but there was no recorded vote for him. :?

On the vote for Thornsberry to take over again 11 votes, 5 yes, 3 absent, and 3 abstain but no vote from Jerry. Want to guess who walked out between votes. :wink: Kiker and Leo. (Oops maybe I should have said hung up as the one article out said it was a conference call :wink: ) Wooster and McDonald stayed in but abstained from voting WHY. In a letter that is circulating around the industry Kiker Leo and Wooster all resigned and by the looks of it Dennis M. must have to as his name is also removed from the Profile list. As are most of the committee chairs names.

I found it especially interesting to read how Kiker got up in the middle of the discussion about the famed letters and called Bill Bulland a liar.

The issue of rescinding Chuck's letter to the USDA was discussed and presented by Board member Randy Stevenson. A point of order was made by Vice President Max Thornsberry. He said that in a previous Board meeting, a motion was passed to leave the letters alone. During this short discussion, President Chuck Kiker called CEO Bill Bullard a liar and told the Board that Bill had written the first letter and lied about the approval he recieved from several Board members. CEO Bill Bullard told the Board he could not operate in his capacity under these condition. Silence No action was taken by Board

Are all Board meetings minutes this detailed :wink: and I guess the next motion on the books to boot Kiker was no action. :wink:

After the vote Kiker and Leo leave and Mad Cow Max takes over and basicly hands control over to Bill. Bill is even the official Board Secretary so now he can control what is in the minutes. :wink:

Tam, stop ragging on rcalf. We know you don't like them.

If you want to keep it up, join them and find someone who wants to listen to you.

Econ101 said:

If you want to keep it up, join them and find someone who wants to listen to you.

ARE you kidding, R-CALFers have been poking Canadian producers with sticks and throwing salt in the wounds since their inception do you really think a comment from you is going to stop any of us from poking them back and seeing them divert dance and discredit all in the attempts not to have to face the fall out in Billings. What a party pooper. :wink: :lol: :lol:

Econ101 said:

You are wrong on two counts here, sonny.

First, We will not stop chasing down the low-life that comprises r-calf any more than you will stop killing off terrorists. Because to us as Canadian cattle producers, the end result is the same.

Second, you seriously under estimate the feelings that Canadian producers have toward r-calfers, especially the voluble, hate-mongering, type that make themselves heard on this forum.

To say that we don't like them is like saying "we don't like terrorists". Yup, WE sure don't.

One can tolerate the back-stabbing, knife twisting only for so long. What has happened in the Canadian industry may not be forgiven or forgotten for a long, long time.

Those who have gleefully contributed to the misery will not be able to outlive the memory of their actions.

Econ, if you think this is strong language, just remember one thing. This statement expresses only a small part of the sentiment that probably the majority of Canadian cattle producers hold for r-calf.

We will not forget.

Tam said:
ocm said:
~SH~ said:

Yes or No?

~SH~

ocm We all know how Leo loves the media so why didn't he stand on a stage and tell all the media that the stories about his resignation were false maybe he should have had Bill standing beside him and patting his back all while he told the media he was still with R-CALF. :wink:

Another thing why was there 12 board member present at Kiker booting but only 11 recorded votes 5 yes, 1 abstain, 1 absent, 4 no votes. Fudge was record as present at the meeting but was absent when the vote was taken WHY and Jerry Swartz was on the Board members present list but there was no recorded vote for him. :?

On the vote for Thornsberry to take over again 11 votes, 5 yes, 3 absent, and 3 abstain but no vote from Jerry. Want to guess who walked out between votes. :wink: Kiker and Leo. (Oops maybe I should have said hung up as the one article out said it was a conference call :wink: ) Wooster and McDonald stayed in but abstained from voting WHY. In a letter that is circulating around the industry Kiker Leo and Wooster all resigned and by the looks of it Dennis M. must have to as his name is also removed from the Profile list. As are most of the committee chairs names.

I found it especially interesting to read how Kiker got up in the middle of the discussion about the famed letters and called Bill Bulland a liar.

The issue of rescinding Chuck's letter to the USDA was discussed and presented by Board member Randy Stevenson. A point of order was made by Vice President Max Thornsberry. He said that in a previous Board meeting, a motion was passed to leave the letters alone. During this short discussion, President Chuck Kiker called CEO Bill Bullard a liar and told the Board that Bill had written the first letter and lied about the approval he recieved from several Board members. CEO Bill Bullard told the Board he could not operate in his capacity under these condition. Silence No action was taken by Board

Are all Board meetings minutes this detailed :wink: and I guess the next motion on the books to boot Kiker was no action. :wink:

After the vote Kiker and Leo leave and Mad Cow Max takes over and basicly hands control over to Bill. Bill is even the official Board Secretary so now he can control what is in the minutes. :wink:

It must be frustrating not knowing which things you "know" really are the truth and which are not. I must say there are bits of truth in it here and there.

ocm said:
Tam said:
ocm said:

It must be frustrating not knowing which things you "know" really are the truth and which are not. I must say there are bits of truth in it here and there.

So your saying that even the minutes of the board meetings are not completely truthful?

Big Muddy rancher said:
So your saying that even the minutes of the board meetings are not completely truthful?

That was one "bit" of a long post

ocm said:
Big Muddy rancher said:

One "bit" ocm Board members present at the meet were listed as they are in most Board minutes,
Present
James Fudge
James McCuen
Jerry Swartz
Max Thornsberry
Chuck Kiker
Randy Stevenson
Eric Nelson
Johnny Smith
Gene Barber
Jon Wooster
Leo McDonnell
Dennis McDonald joined meeting after about 45 minutes

the vote results were taken right from the R-CALF Feb 8 2007 board minutes posted on the home page in R-CALF's website. The statement about Kiker and Leo leaving can be back up by the fact that when the vote was called to seat Max as the President, Kiker and Leo were recorded as ABSENT, they didn't abstain ocm they were ABSENT, as was Fudge. It is all spelled out who voted which way.

Nelson, McCuen, Smith, Stevenson, and Barber voted (5) yes to remove Kiker as President and McDonald, McDonnell, Wooster, and Kiker voted (4) NO, Thornsberry abstained and Fudge was absent.
The vote where Max took office was Nelson, McCuen, Smith, Stevenson and Baber voted (5) yes and Thornberry McDonald and Wooster (3) Abstained and Kiker, McDonnell and Fudge were (3) ABSENT.

The quote I provided is at the top of the second page of the 4 pages of minutes go look for yourself and tell me I'm wrong the minutes are to be posted for 14 days. Or didn't you know that either :wink:

Gee I almost forgot the Leo loves the media comment. ocm why was it the Leo had the Consumer groups join him at a press conference? Was it not because of the media those groups attract the R-CALF could only dream of attracting on their own? As least that is why Leo said they did it in a ICON meeting speech I happen to have a tape of. :wink:

Tam said:
ocm said:
Big Muddy rancher said:

One "bit" ocm Board members present at the meet were listed as they are in most Board minutes,
Present
James Fudge
James McCuen
Jerry Swartz
Max Thornsberry
Chuck Kiker
Randy Stevenson
Eric Nelson
Johnny Smith
Gene Barber
Jon Wooster
Leo McDonnell

the vote results were taken right from the R-CALF Feb 8 2007 board minutes posted on the home page in R-CALF's website. The statement about Kiker and Leo leaving can be back up by the fact that when the vote was called to seat Max as the President, Kiker and Leo were recorded as ABSENT, they didn't abstain ocm they were ABSENT, as was Fudge. It is all spelled out who voted which way.

Nelson, McCuen, Smith, Stevenson, and Barber voted (5) yes to remove Kiker as President and McDonald, McDonnell, Wooster, and Kiker voted (4) NO, Thornsberry abstained and Fudge was absent.
The vote where Max took office was Nelson, McCuen, Smith, Stevenson and Baber voted (5) yes and Thornberry McDonald and Wooster (3) Abstained and Kiker, McDonnell and Fudge were (3) ABSENT.

The quote I provided is at the top of the second page of the 4 pages of minutes go look for yourself and tell me I'm wrong the minutes are to be posted for 14 days. Or didn't you know that either :wink:

I have not disputed(and do not dispute) a single thing in the minutes. Your interpretations and other comments and repetitions of rumors are another matter altogether.

The "minutes" quote was a single paragraph in a multiparagraph post.

ocm said:
Tam said:
ocm said:

Present
James Fudge
James McCuen
Jerry Swartz
Max Thornsberry
Chuck Kiker
Randy Stevenson
Eric Nelson
Johnny Smith
Gene Barber
Jon Wooster
Leo McDonnell

I have not disputed(and do not dispute) a single thing in the minutes. Your interpretations and other comments and repetitions of rumors are another matter altogether.

Are you saying the Vote results are not true as posted in the MINUTES and that Leo and Bill weren't absent, that they were in the room or on the phone and just not saying anything so they were consider ABSENT. What about Jerry Swartz's vote, they have him listed as a Board member that is present but in neither vote was he recorded as Yes No abstained or Absent. WHY.

Tam said:
ocm said:
Tam said:
Present
James Fudge
James McCuen
Jerry Swartz
Max Thornsberry
Chuck Kiker
Randy Stevenson
Eric Nelson
Johnny Smith
Gene Barber
Jon Wooster
Leo McDonnell

Are you saying the Vote results are not true as posted in the MINUTES and that Leo and Bill weren't absent, that they were in the room or on the phone and just not saying anything so they were consider ABSENT. What about Jerry Swartz's vote, they have him listed as a Board member that is present but in neither vote was he recorded as Yes No abstained or Absent. WHY.

Tam, what business is it of yours?

Econ101 said:
Tam said:
ocm said:

Tam, what business is it of yours?
As I see it you are not an R-CALFer (so you claim) so I don't see what this conversation has to do with you in any way. Why don't you just go away and let ocm prove how much he knows about an organization that he has been a spokemen for ever since he registered on Ranchers. Do you have a problem with Canadians wanting to dig the spurs in on anyone claiming to support the actions that R-CALF has put Canadian producers through. read carefylly here eCON GO AWAY. :roll:

Tam, you really do have a reading comprehension problem that rivals that of ~SH~.

You posted a lot of stuff that had NOTHING to do with the minutes. MUCH of that stuff was rumor and error.

You "interpreted" the minutes incorrectly by making some unwarranted assumptions that have nothing to do with the minutes as well as a reading comprehension error in reading them.

And for the record the minutes do have one small error. For whatever reason Jerry Schwartz is included in the list of Directors (probably a cut & paste error). Jerry has not been a director for over a year, having resigned due to health reasons.

And..................what do you care.

ocm said:
Tam, you really do have a reading comprehension problem that rivals that of ~SH~.

You posted a lot of stuff that had NOTHING to do with the minutes. MUCH of that stuff was rumor and error.
You "interpreted" the minutes incorrectly by making some unwarranted assumptions that have nothing to do with the minutes as well as a reading comprehension error in reading them.

And for the record the minutes do have one small error. For whatever reason Jerry Schwartz is included in the list of Directors (probably a cut & paste error). Jerry has not been a director for over a year, having resigned due to health reasons.

I CHALLENGE YOU TO GO TO THE R-CALF WEBSITE HOME PAGE AND CLICK ON THE PDF FILE TITLED FEB.8 2007 BOARD MINUTES AND BRING ME THE LIST OF BOARD MEMBER PRESENT. I ask Ben "Yes Dear" Roberts to also go and bring the same list and let's see if yours Ben's and mine all match. Any board meeting I have ever been at, the names of those present are record at the beginning of the meeting not cut and pasted off a year old document. :roll: :roll: :roll:

If it was rumor and error I guess all that care to read the four pages of minutes will come back and correct me.

Tam said:
ocm said:

I CHALLENGE YOU TO GO TO THE R-CALF WEBSITE HOME PAGE AND CLICK ON THE PDF FILE TITLED FEB.8 2007 BOARD MINUTES AND BRING ME THE LIST OF BOARD MEMBER PRESENT. I ask Ben "Yes Dear" Roberts to also go and bring the same list and let's see if yours Ben's and mine all match. Any board meeting I have ever been at, the names of those present are record at the beginning of the meeting not cut and pasted off a year old document. :roll: :roll: :roll:

If it was rumor and error I guess all that care to read the four pages of minutes will come back and correct me.

Tam, could you please just stop acting like a pest? This is none of your business. Why you think you deserve an answer in the first place, I do not know.

Nobody cares what you think about rcalf or your ridiculous posts. Everyone already knows your position. And guess what, you are not in it, so you have no standing.

Econ101 said:
Tam said:
ocm said:

Tam, could you please just stop acting like a pest? This is none of your business. Why you think you deserve an answer in the first place, I do not know.

Nobody cares what you think about rcalf or your ridiculous posts. Everyone already knows your position. And guess what, you are not in it, so you have no standing.
If you don't care why don't you just go to another thread and annoy the people on it ? This conversation has nothing to do with you. :x

Latest posts