• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Extreme A'I!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Good photo story, NR. There is a certain satisfaction in winning the battle.

I haven't seen it done that way since forty years ago when Dad was AIing Herefords. Only then we also had heel ropes on the cows. We did it that way because we were half-way on a two-day cattle drive, with no other working facilities nearby. Just trying to use up the last of the semen. :wink:

Trust me she whacked me enough times with her tail that I know the plunger isn't there. I think Soapweed knows what I was up to-my wife sure didn't lol. Boy think of the potential-range A'
I clinics with a Canadian 'expert' all across the Sandhills. A tank of semen-150 EXT daughters-some eager to learn kids on horseback. We could make a movie lol. 'Broke Arm Mountain' lol.

Northern Rancher said:
Trust me she whacked me enough times with her tail that I know the plunger isn't there. I think Soapweed knows what I was up to-my wife sure didn't lol. Boy think of the potential-range A'
I clinics with a Canadian 'expert' all across the Sandhills. A tank of semen-150 EXT daughters-some eager to learn kids on horseback. We could make a movie lol. 'Broke Arm Mountain' lol.

Sounds like a good idea. Come on down, and maybe we can get Nebraska Public Television involved. It could be a "how-to" movie with some real substance. :)

Just name the pasture-can I charge as much as the other livestock gurus roaming the country a herdin'-a measurin- and a marketing lol. I could also put on an evening 'Art of Loafing' seminar lol.

Northern Rancher said:
Just name the pasture-can I charge as much as the other livestock gurus roaming the country a herdin'-a measurin- and a marketing lol. I could also put on an evening 'Art of Loafing' seminar lol.

You should be able to charge even higher rates, because your show would have much more spectator appeal. :)

We have our team and buggy loaded on the gooseneck trailer and are off to the Martin parade. Hope the horses behave and don't put on any extra spectator show. :shock:

Northern Rancher said:
Kind of a "Gerald Fry gone bad" type of deal? :lol: You might get a switch force in the face measurement.

Heck I can reboil Jans Bonsma as good as Gerald ever did lol. I could bring my vet with me to demonstrate how to put a sheep prolapse in-that was funny. It's kind of a crude deal but it had a happy ending for the sheep at least not sure I should tell it here.

I knew Gerald 15 years ago or so. He was in the embryo transer business . He was a good hand to drop eggs in a cow and I wanted to learn how. I road around with him some a few days. I was kind of his evil assistant . :lol: I even spent the night with Gerald in a 3/4 bed in Potau Ok. Probably more info than you wanted. :lol: I've lost track of Gerald over the years. I knew he was in the beef consulting business and have seen his ads for sessions or whatever. I certainly don't believe like he or Bonsma does . Fuzzy nuts are just fuzzy nuts, not a sure sign of low fertility . Gerald was nice to let me run around with him some though. I learned alot about the bovine female reproductive tract and some about nutrition. He was always an advocate of selenium.

Exactly-I stumpeda Fry disciple this spring he was gushing over his measurements-I asked about the good old mortage lifters that didn't measure up-it was like I brained him with a post. It was 'How did you know that?' lol.

The lady in Ok had limo's that she was flushing and putting eggs in any kind of cow and then grafted tbem to Jerseys . She cooked pork chops, eggs, hashbrowns, and a couple other small things, seems like biscuits and gravy too for breakfast for us . She had the coldest, best glass of milk I ever drank. The glasses where chilled and the milk from the Jerseys was thick as cream and stuck to those cold glasses. It was good. She ran the Jersesy in a freestall barn and tied them to let the grafted calves suck and would milk out some for herself. Kind of a neat little operation.

Northern Rancher said:
P1011342.jpg

I tailed her down and took the rope off-of course she'll settle look whose doing the A'I' lol. No hockey mask today I was commando on this one lol.
NR - Why, of course, she will settle! She is bowing to your Superior Authority and the sorrel is giving her the "horse laugh"!

It just goes to prove that there is NO excuse for a cow not getting pregnant when the time is right!

In the first picture, the cow looks like the famous Ming Dynasty
War Horse with the one foot elevated. Or is it the "Tang" Dynasty? I am forever getting the "MINGS" and the "TANGS" confused!

DOC HARRIS

Latest posts