• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Favorite booze?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

mp.freelance

Reaction score
There's been some mentions of whiskey, so I was wondering what everyone's favorite booze is. I've been drinking Old Crow for a while now, but am looking to expand my horizons. Drink recipes also welcome. Usually it's just straight whiskey for me, maybe w/ a splash of lemon juice.

Crown royal is a bit too sweet for my tastes. You've got to have a real sweet tooth to down a fifth of it.

I've never heard of Golden Wedding - is it dry? How much per bottle?

sittin by the fire it is hard to pass up a Crown and Coke.

but day in day out, I would rather have a red bud draw. never get a headache as long as I mix it with the tomato juice

thought the lyrics to this song by AC/DC would fit in this topic pretty well

Have a drink on me

Whiskey, gin and brandy
With a glass I'm pretty handy
I'm trying to walk a straight line
On sour mash and cheap wine
So join me for a drink boys
We're gonna make a big noise
So don't worry about tomorrow Take it today
Forget about the cheque We'll get hell to pay

Have a drink on me Have a drink on me Yeah Have a drink on me Have a drink on me On me

Come on Dizzy, drunk and fightin'
On tequila white lightnin'
My glass is getting shorter
On whiskey, ice and water
So come on and have a good time
And get blinded out of your mind
So don't worry about tomorrow Take it today
Forget about the cheque We'll get hell to pay

Have a drink on me Have a drink on me Have a drink on me Have a drink on me On me Get stoned Have a drink on me Have a drink on me Yeah Have a drink on me Come on
Oooh Gonna roll around
Gonna hit the ground
Take another swing
Have another drink
Gonna drink it dry
Gonna get me high
Come on all the boys
Make a noise

CHORUS Have a drink on me Have a drink on me Have a drink on me Have a drink on me Have a drink on me Have a drink on me Have a drink on me Have a drink on me Have a drink oooooooon me

Northern Rancher said:
I haven't touched a drop for 18 months -woohoo-creek water is how i roll lol.
That's definitely cost efficient! If you were a bottled water drinker, though, you'd still be better off with Broker's - only about $6 a fifth. :lol:

There is the old cowboy saying:

I've drunk to your health on roundups,
And drunk to your health at home.
I've drunk to your heath so many times,
That I've almost ruined my own. :)

My ol' pappy gave me good advice when I was a little kid. He said, "You'll never become an alcoholic if you don't ever take your first drink." Having followed his advice for over fifty years, I will have to say it works.

mp.freelance said:
AC/DC rules.

one day a couple high school boys were helping us tarp hay. I had the radio on to a county station, and they flip it over to a rock onee.....the song was AC/DC Back in Black. I start a little head bangin' and singing along, and these kids are all shocked that I even know the group and the song!!

I had to point out that even when I was young, AC/DC had been around for ever!!

mp,

A guy from the Norhtwest, Our new favorite is Pendletron of course, LOL....It's like Crown, so maybe not for you. Some of the Posters are cool, Most have locals, one has a cowboy looking off and is captioned, "Scars tell great stories"...

Surprised that nobody has voted for Tangle Ridge,

PPRM

Amber Rum and coke, MMMMMM.

Or, once we went to a warm place when it was -40 at home. :lol: Sure didn't complain about sipping Rum and...hmmm....ANYTHING ....when sitting on the edge of the ocean!

To Jigs; Our nephew came rolling in here one fine evening in '98 with a "new" album; Sounded a lot like Back in Black. He about crapped when we got out our 8-tracks; 2 copies. I would've played the cassette but I wore it out already, probably in '85 or so...
To the subject: Cutty Sark and an ice cube if necessary; otherwise a couple (gallons) of beer is always alright: Free; Beer; Beef. If only Copenhagen was a four letter word...

haytrucker said : If only Copenhagen was a four letter word...

CHEW ?

ever hear of Hayseed Dixie ?
they do all of AC/DC 's songs with a bluegrass sound...lots of fiddle. it is pretty cool.

Freelance........Crown ain't sweet.....just smooth compared to Crow! BMR-the only free drinks at Agrib. will be the one we buy each other....I hope to get down Friday, catch the Herf. show and Pic a sire but I have to be home again that nite so will see.

Latest posts