• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Favorite booze?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Beer for me. IF it's good beer I even like it warm. I went to college at a private girls school. That's the same time they started an extra shift at the brewery in Omaha. :wink: :wink:

reader (the Second) said:
Campari Soda

Margarita with Cointreau in Santa Fe of course

Sangiovese or Petit Syrah

If it's beer - Anchor Steam, Sierra Nevada (Celebration Ale, Pale Ale), Guiness, Corona and lime and many more

And yes, I'm a bit old to be a Yuppie.

If you like Anchor and Sierra Nevada, try beer from the Bridgeport, Widmer, Full Sail, or Deschutes breweries. Oregon has the best beer.

R2 Since you like Margirita & Corona you need to try Taquiza its smoother than Corana.
Love margiritas. LOL
Rather have a sweet red wine from NC either Duplin's Carolina red or one of the newest vineyards.Cypress bend they have a Campbell which is smoother than the Carolina red.
Ohhhh yes I have a glass every night keeps the kidney stones away.

elmo started it all,he was the one that left an almost full bottle of "knob Creek"in the shop,believe me that would'nt have happened if TX did'nt have the "open container law",anyway Im studying this bottle of knob creek and samplin it some,it sez small batch whiskey on the bottle,I never heard of it so I get to looking on the computer,pretty interesting and pretty damn good whiskey,ole elmo shows up saturday evening to teach me how to drink whiskey & skin deer,had a good time with the ole coot, whiskey was'nt all bad either. :wink: .............good luck

MP......

Rod Kucera in Klamath Falls turned his folk's old dairy into a micro-brewery. I helped him set up some corrals when it was 100 degrees in July a few years back....Anyway, he is a former Bull Rider and has names like Bulldogger Lager and such. He had a contest at a rodeo to come up with a new name for a new beer....You might even get a good story from visiting with him. He said he has ran into a clash with the Cowboy vs. Beer Snob world. He had a beer similar to Coors light, went well with Cowboy friends, but like a Lead Balloon at Beer Festivals, LOL

Seriously, nobody besides Mike has tried Tangle Ridge??????? Wow,

PPRM

There was a time when you could only buy Coors west of the Mississippi – I would buy it for my Uncle and send it to him in Ohio.

When Coors went nation wide they change their label from "Dinner" beer to "Banquet" beer. It has never been the same!

I hear Corona is coming out with a hot sauce added beer

A co. in Hollister (earthquake country) makes "San Andres - Faultline Beer" and others

They have a Eattry in the front - we get great hamburgers and a beer Sampler Lunch there (sampler =5 small glasses of different beers)

Crown Royal is good. I also like Meagher's 1878 for whiskey. Mostly in the winter, I like to drink Black Russians on ice and now they even pre-mix them for you. Makes it way easier than having to measure after you've had a few.
In the summer, I'm totally a beer guy. Any kind of Dark Ale is good for me although lately i've developed a taste for Moosehead beer.

PPRM said:
MP......

Rod Kucera in Klamath Falls turned his folk's old dairy into a micro-brewery. I helped him set up some corrals when it was 100 degrees in July a few years back....Anyway, he is a former Bull Rider and has names like Bulldogger Lager and such. He had a contest at a rodeo to come up with a new name for a new beer....You might even get a good story from visiting with him. He said he has ran into a clash with the Cowboy vs. Beer Snob world. He had a beer similar to Coors light, went well with Cowboy friends, but like a Lead Balloon at Beer Festivals, LOL

Seriously, nobody besides Mike has tried Tangle Ridge??????? Wow,

PPRM

This sounds like it's worth looking into, PPRM, thanks. Would you mind telling me the name of the company, or PM the relevant info?

For a great dance and party night Coors Light is the only way to go. But to have a beer with supper or watching the NFR, I like Sam Adams all the way.

MP,

I can't remember the name of his company, but I am pretty sure Rod is in the phone book. If not, his folks own Mia and Pia's Pizza in town,

Pat

Latest posts