• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Funniest thing that happened to you

Help Support Ranchers.net:

HAY MAKER

Reaction score
I was reading a post below about a hog running out of a dead cow carcass,reminded me of the time we had thirteen inches of snow and a hard winter in Wilson county. Cattle a round here are'nt used to that kinda weather and I had an old cow die,Im down there looking her over one morning after running all the buzzards and varmints off I had my back turned to her and was wondering where to drag her,all of a sudden a big black buzzard flys outta her behind,scairt the HELL outta me :shock: ...............good luck

I don't think this is the funniest thing that has happened to me, but it was kinda about the cows and was funny.

To afford to do the cow thing, I have to work in town. A couple of years back we couldn't afford our own land and had to lease some corrals for the bulls. The corrals were on the way to and from work, so we'd stop on our way to feed. I was already dressed for work when we fed. I had a skirt on and high heels, it was a site. I wonder if I'm the only one to feed in high heels, anyway. I decided to spoil myself one day and went to get my nails done at lunch. When I the lady was doing her thing, she come in close real close to me and looked around to make sure no one could hear her. Then real quite like she told me that I had Marijiuana under my nails :shock: :shock: . I'm a good girl :roll: , there is no way that was under my nails. It was alfafa. :D I busted up laughing. I thought it was funny anyway.

Buckerette said:
I don't think this is the funniest thing that has happened to me, but it was kinda about the cows and was funny.

To afford to do the cow thing, I have to work in town. A couple of years back we couldn't afford our own land and had to lease some corrals for the bulls. The corrals were on the way to and from work, so we'd stop on our way to feed. I was already dressed for work when we fed. I had a skirt on and high heels, it was a site. I wonder if I'm the only one to feed in high heels, anyway. I decided to spoil myself one day and went to get my nails done at lunch. When I the lady was doing her thing, she come in close real close to me and looked around to make sure no one could hear her. Then real quite like she told me that I had Marijiuana under my nails :shock: :shock: . I'm a good girl :roll: , there is no way that was under my nails. It was alfafa. :D I busted up laughing. I thought it was funny anyway.

Have you been smoking alfalfa again Buckerette!?!?!?!? :???: :lol:

A woman who bought a pony from a neighbour of ours was taking the horse through the border. The border people (your side) saw alfalfa on her jacket, and ripped the truck, trailer and everything in it apart while making her stand outside in minus 20 weather for over three hours.

Gotta watch those alfalfa dealers....

Along the alfalfa lines, I was just readin this to hubby.

He said when he was a kid a man in town had a few horses and hauled alfalfa hay to make "extra" money. One day he stopped with his truck and flatbed trailer loaded down with hay at the lil local mom n pop store...when the K-9 unit of the sheriff's department pulled up, at which time the dog in the backseat went nuts barking. Come to find out..he wasn't haulin hay...it was bales of marajiuana (sp).....

This isn't really that funny, but it happened to me last night. I locked my keys in my pick-up at the grocery store. This wasn't your typical grocery store...its on the south side and has about 348% minority customers....well anyway here is this little white boy standing out there at night being stared at while I waited for POP-A-LOCK to come undo my pickup. Some hispanics pulled up beside me and some guy bailed out and starting puking in the spot next to my pick-up....i just sorta slipped around on the other side and thought good lord. It made me so mad cause i had two sets of keys and both of them were locked inside. Anyway they got it unlocked and I got home, but sure made me uncomfortable. Big City livin, not everyone is your friend here.......

TXTibbs said:
This isn't really that funny, but it happened to me last night. I locked my keys in my pick-up at the grocery store. This wasn't your typical grocery store...its on the south side and has about 348% minority customers....well anyway here is this little white boy standing out there at night being stared at while I waited for POP-A-LOCK to come undo my pickup. Some hispanics pulled up beside me and some guy bailed out and starting puking in the spot next to my pick-up....i just sorta slipped around on the other side and thought good lord. It made me so mad cause i had two sets of keys and both of them were locked inside. Anyway they got it unlocked and I got home, but sure made me uncomfortable. Big City livin, not everyone is your friend here.......

Find a good hiding spot under your pickup and tie a key on with a plastic tie. Worst you'll have to do is slide underneath it and cut the tie with your pocket knife.

ok this is prolly ONE of the most embarassin moments, (there's many lol)

My best friend from Idaho came down to take the weeklong A-I course with me in college station. He dont ever lock his truck but I told him since it was a big town he should. So the second day or so he locked his truck and then we went out at lunch to go git somethin to eat, uh oh...keys hangin in the ignition and the doors were locked. Course he said it was my fault..."ya said lock it, ya didnt tell me to take the keys out"
there was NO spare set....so he says..."I think I can jimmy the slidin back glass"....he got it open without much trouble. Had a big huge tool box in the bed of his truck right up under the winder. Then he says, "since this is yer fault, I nominate you to shimmy thru the winder" He made me go head first...so there I be shimmyin...n all them guys from class all standin around pointin n snickerin. Right along with him. But by golly I got to the door lock switch n got it open!!!! Kept right on crawlin n sat down in my seat.

TXTibbs said:

Hey Tibbs I bet most of those guys hanging around that store could have unlocked your truck faster then POP A LOCK. :eek: :kid: :help:

Big Muddy rancher said:
TXTibbs said:

Hey Tibbs I bet most of those guys hanging around that store could have unlocked your truck faster then POP A LOCK. :eek: :kid: :help:

ya know, i never thought of that, but i bet you are right!! Only trouble is, they then prolly would of shanked me and drove off with my truck. haha

Cal said:
TXTibbs said:

Find a good hiding spot under your pickup and tie a key on with a plastic tie. Worst you'll have to do is slide underneath it and cut the tie with your pocket knife.
Cal - That is a good idea. A few years ago (?) you could get a magnetic "Hide-a-Key" and just attach it on some metal underneath somewhere. Now, everything except under the "Locked-from-the-inside" engine compartment and the frame is plastic or fiberglass and the magnets wont stick!

It's great hearing all your mistakes!
Mine must all be hiding undera pile of denial cause right now I can't remember even one! :roll: 8)

Made a traffic stop one night several years ago out in the boonies. Old pickup pulling a horse trailer with no lights. The young feller pulled over as soon as he saw me because he knew he had no lights but was trying to sneak by. Well, while we were talking, the crown vic I was driving decided to die. We both checked it over and tried everything we could think of to get it started again. Now, take into consideration that we were in an area where the portable radio that I carried on my person wouldn't get out and there weren't any houses nearby to use the phone. Anyway, the feller said he would give me a lift to a phone in his truck. We got in and he tried to get it started. You're right. Battery also dead. Well, being a smart fellow, I decided we should unload his two horses and ride them to civilization to call for assistance. Here we were, middle of the night, riding down a dark road on two green-broke horses bareback with hackamores. Quite an experience. It took a while before I lived it down at the station but I made another good friend in the process.

DOC HARRIS said:
Cal said:
TXTibbs said:

Cal - That is a good idea. A few years ago (?) you could get a magnetic "Hide-a-Key" and just attach it on some metal undernieth somewhere. Now, everything except under the "Locked-from-the-inside" engine compartment and the frame is plastic or fiberglass and the magnets wont stick!

On hiding a spare key for your truck,I like to take a tail light lense off and put one in there,that way even if you can't find a screw driver,get a rock ,all it cost is a tail light lense...............good luck

HAY MAKER said:
On hiding a spare key for your truck,I like to take a tail light lense off and put one in there,that way even if you can't find a screw driver,get a rock ,all it cost is a tail light lense...............good luck

So now it's "Hints from Haymaker." :D
A good one to pass on. Thanks.

So if you see HAYMAKER with both tail lights busted out you know he lost his keys and forgot which one he hid the spare in. :lol:

If you're driving something newer you might want to check on the price of those taillights first, and some are a little tougher to get apart. They don't make 'em like they used to.

Latest posts