• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Going To Be A Long Day

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Northern Rancher

Reaction score
Were pulling CIDR's today on thirty heifers-I caught about a quarter coming up for salt-we've got to sort them off about 90 yearlings. The problem is we had almost three inches of rain so the pens are sticky. Ty is out gathering the rest and well I'm here I guess-taking a breather after sorting the first bunch. I guess we'll find out how Lad works on 1/4 brahma baldies next spring.

Maybe not quite so bad after all-I was entering Ty in some rodeos and when I went back out he had them gathered and about sorted on Buttercup. The only thing better than one good buckskin is two-Hank from BMR is on his way to being a 'go too' horse. Ty starts in a big PFRA pasture as soon as his paperwork is done-he'll be closer to a finished pony after the next couple months.

I've probably used him on over a 100 including ones I've sold-they calve out on the grass so haven't seen one born yet. Some friends in Oregon used him on straight Horned Hereford heifers and had to help a couple. To my knowledge nobody has had bad results using him on heifers.

Got 15 little Lad's to install today and the pens are gross-we've been sorting off horseback but I'm just not handy enough to A'I out of the saddle. The mud is pull your boot off sticky right now so should sleep well tonight.

Take your tractor and skim the mud off thats what we had to do last spring.

Latest posts