• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Good Sunday Mornin'!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Shortgrass

Reaction score
I live in Colorado. When one thinks "Colorado," high mountain meadows, alpine streams teaming with trout, Aspen vistas and 14,000 foot peaks come to mind. I have often told the family that it is a sin to travel to other parts of the world until we have seen our own state. However, my back yard is in the "other Colorado." The short grass prairie is my home. Vistas where live water, or any water, for that matter, is a rare commodity, where we have miles and miles of nothing but miles and miles is what I see daily. It's hard to understand why an ol' desert rat like Leanin' H or I like where we live. Leanin' H once said the secret is in liking what you do have instead of what you don't have. What a statement that is. It's called gratitude. Our prayers ought to be filled with it. God has blessed each and every one of us with a variety of blessings including His grace and an opportunity to be reconciled to Him by the shed blood of Christ. Without that, we have nothing of lasting value, and with it we have all that matters. Well, have a good Sunday Mornin' and a good rest of the week too.

Good message Shortgrass. I can stand on a butte here at the ranch and I can see the Bighorns 80 miles to the west, the Blackhills 80 miles to the east, the Medicine Bows 90 miles to the south and about 100 miles to the north. I'll take these open spaces over all those claustrophobic trees any day. Makes it easier to see an ambush comin'. Sure don't wanna get bushwhacked. God sure blessed me and mine.

Usually when folks quote me, it's on account of something stupid I did or said! :wink: Thanks Shortgrass for the reminder to enjoy life as you find it, instead of trying to alter it to fit you. Many smiles to ya'll and many blessings as well! :D

Latest posts