• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Hay Oldtimer -- I got my cheque

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Sounds like you canadians have programs similar to ours,most folks around here dont waste their time signing up for them.
The farm service agency has sent out several letters stating that if we dont participate in the programs,their budget will get cut..............damn I feel bad for them :D
good luck

Haymaker -
Sounds like you canadians have programs similar to ours,most folks around here dont waste their time signing up for them.

Thus the waste of time pointing out differences between our two countries. Good distraction is all it is --- while we are falling behind on the key issues facing all primary producers.

rkaiser said:
Haymaker -

Thus the waste of time pointing out differences between our two countries. Good distraction is all it is --- while we are falling behind on the key issues facing all primary producers.

I dont see a big differnce between the two countries,with the exception of BSE, I dont view Canada as a threat to my livelihood,the BSE problems will die a slow death,then I reckon it will be buisness as usual,as far as wasting time pointing differnces..........I still have time to support the 2 cattlemans organazations that are working tirelessly to bring fairness to the cattle men.
I have long said the threat to the cattlemans livelihood is south............good luck & Happy New Year.
PS What are you complaining about,borders open,and I reckon you have big plans getting rich in the coming new year with those fancy black cattle.

Come on there boys--take your pittance and shuttup- theres starving Packer CEO's out there counting on you .... :wink: :lol: :lol:

Tyson Foods CEO receives $24.6M in 2007

By LAUREN SHEPHERD

Business Week

NEW YORK

The chief executive of Tyson Foods Inc., the world's largest meat processing company, received compensation valued by the company at about $24.6 million in fiscal 2007, according to an analysis of a proxy statement filed Wednesday with the Securities and Exchange Commission.

Richard L. Bond, who also serves as president, received a base salary of $1.2 million. He was not paid a bonus but did receive about $1.7 million in non-equity incentive plan compensation. He then received $42,508 in above-market earnings on deferred compensation.

The total figure also includes $740,227 in "other compensation" for tax reimbursements, life insurance benefits, matching contributions from a stock purchase plan, company contributions to an executive savings plan and $378,856 in perquisites, or "perks." The perks included use of the company plane, a car allowance, country club membership dues, use of company-owned entertainment assets, a personal cell phone, home phone and Internet line and event tickets.

But most of his compensation was paid in the form of stock and stock options. Bond, 60, was awarded stock and stock options that had an estimated value of about $20.8 million when granted.
-----------------------
Tyson Foods, the largest United States meat producer, increased the compensation of its chief executive, Richard L. Bond, fivefold and quadrupled the pay of its former chief, John H. Tyson, as the company returned to profit after a 2006 loss.

------------------------------------
Mr. Tyson (who Bonds replaced in May) , the founder's grandson and Tyson's chairman, received $9.25 million in the 2007 fiscal year, including a salary of $1.17 million, $4.18 million in stock and options valued at $2.86 million, the company said.

He received $968,398 in other compensation, including personal use of company aircraft valued at $394,249 and $50,458 for country club membership dues. In the 2006 fiscal year, his total compensation was $2.13 million.

http://www.ellinghuysen.com/news/articles/62332.shtml

DiamondSCattleCo said:
Egads! I'm going to have to borrow from someone as I didn't get a single red cent yet :(

Musta been a naughty boy this year...

Rod

Got you beat Rod - chatted with the wife this a.m.

She said the cheque was - I think - right around two dollars and forty three cents.

I wonder how much money they spent getting that huge budget busting cheque to her?

Won't even buy a U.S. gallon of gas, or a 12 pack of canuck beer.

Think we should frame it or send it back? Postage collect of course!

Merry Christmas all.

BC

Late edit - oops! Cheques was from something else. My mistake.

BC

Manitoba_Rancher said:
Tex said:
You guys might notice that it is the same way down here and we have a hard time stopping it too. The amendment to the farm bill limiting the payment amounts to the big guys was thrown out.

We are all victims of the political process that courts the very rich and their money.

I agree I bet half of the money they set out for this program went back into Administration costs.

If IRCC, only 28 cents of every tax payer's dollar actually reaches the intended beneficiary!

Whoo hoo, windfall time! Got my $26.26 cheque in the mail yesterday. I decided that the wife deserved a night with that big cheque, so I took her out to supper.

'Course we had to go dutch...

Rod

DiamondSCattleCo said:
Whoo hoo, windfall time! Got my $26.26 cheque in the mail yesterday. I decided that the wife deserved a night with that big cheque, so I took her out to supper.

'Course we had to go dutch...

Rod

Rod

I am home for the moment - lots of snow. Storming right now and I find it very cold.

The cheque I mentioned was for my wife.

I am rich!!

My cheque was almost 45 bucks.

I did fill the truck with the money - but I had to add 30 bucks of my own cash.

I am sure it cost at least 50 bucks a cheque to produce them and mail them.

;-]

BC

My Dad got a cheque for $67.00 :shock: :shock: :shock: He's been retired for 14 years :shock: Cheque stub says it's based on info from the CAIS program they recieved from him :shock: :shock: :shock: He was never in the CAIS program :shock: He cashed the cheque and bought me a New Years drink :D :D

Canada gives aid to cattle and hog farmers

By Roberta Rampton

Reuters Canada

Fri Dec 14, 2007

WINNIPEG, Manitoba (Reuters) - Canadian cattle and hog farmers, struggling with high feed costs and low prices, will have access to a total of C$3.8 billion ($3.73 billion) in loans and aid early in 2008, Agriculture Minister Gerry Ritz said on Friday.

Federal and provincial governments will provide C$2.3 billion in secured loan guarantees to the livestock sector, including C$1 billion in new credit, Ritz told reporters.

Loans will be capped at C$400,000 per producer, and the first C$100,000 will be interest-free, he said.

In addition, governments will accelerate access to C$1.5 billion in support programs, Ritz said.

Ritz said the programs will help livestock farmers weather poor returns brought on by record grain prices, poor meat prices, and the surging Canadian dollar, which has hurt the export value of meat and livestock.

"We've seen these peaks and valleys before; they've struggled through. It's a matter of the government giving them the help at the time," he said.

Ritz said the aid, which will be delivered through existing government programs, would comply with Canada's trade agreements, and he said he discussed them on Thursday with Chuck Conner, the acting U.S. agriculture secretary.

Livestock groups have been lobbying governments for weeks for help to cover mounting losses.

"At first blush, it sounds like the kind of things we've been asking for, and we're very happy that the federal government will step up to the plate," said Hugh Staunton-Lynch, president of the Canadian Cattlemen's Association.

Ritz projected the programs would give a 400-head cow-calf farmer aid payments of C$38,500 and loans of up to C$116,000. A 500-sow hog farmer could receive C$185,500 in aid payments and loans up to C$250,000, he said.

Ritz said governments were not able to comply with a request from hog farmers for C$1.5 billion in unsecured loans.

"There's really no way to do that at any government level. We have little things called treasury boards and auditors general that take a dim view, and of course (unsecured loans) are completely trade-challengeable," Ritz said.

The Canadian Pork Council was slated to meet to discuss the aid announcement on Monday. "We suspect it's just a reannouncement of current programs," said Clare Schlegel, the group's president, adding he hoped the government would reconsider the request for a bigger loans package.

"Our farmers are in real distress here. It's been such a severe situation," Schlegel said.
Ol ASAP was chewing on me over on cattletoday- for posting this article-
-- which is about all the Americans and the Canadian non rancher/hogfarmer knows about the program--Just that ranchers and hog/farmers are stuffing their pockets with taxpayer money... :roll: :p :lol:

Has anyone or any one of these so called Canadian cattlemens organizations (ABP/CCA/SSGA/etc.) did any checking to find out who is getting these $400,000 loans with the first $100,000 interest free :???: -- or who is getting these $38,500 payments :???: Has ol Hugh 3 Name got off his duff to do any checking :???: Whats the high potentates of the SSGA found out :???:
Usually- in the US anyway- these type programs are written with some special interest niche group in mind :( Didn't none of these "catlemans organizations" set in on the writing of this type of program... :???: Sounds to me like from all your "big payments" you tell of, this one was designed for the big to get bigger- and for the average guy to get out :shock: :( :mad:

Oldtimer; As you can see the largest amount is in the form of REPAYABLE loans........sure it seems like a large amount individually but to a feedlot or a hog barn it won't go very far. These loans were requested by the Beef/Pork organizations to help producers survive in the face of unprecedented input costs and severely depressed livestock prices due to the rapid increases in the value of the Canadian dollar and feed grains.
As for the govt. programs they are slow to respond and will be based on 2006 values.......much of the money will likely go to the grain sector and it will be severely diluted by the time it ever reaches the producer and will probably be too little and too late to help struggling producers. Canadian producer groups have been pushing hard to reform these programs so that they will be timely and of aid in times of crises but govt. bureaucracy moves slowly!
OT it should be of comfort to you that all of these programs are trade neutral under the GATT protocols and are not countervailable......care to compare that to the US farm bill?? :shock:

cowsense said:
Oldtimer; As you can see the largest amount is in the form of REPAYABLE loans........sure it seems like a large amount individually but to a feedlot or a hog barn it won't go very far. These loans were requested by the Beef/Pork organizations to help producers survive in the face of unprecedented input costs and severely depressed livestock prices due to the rapid increases in the value of the Canadian dollar and feed grains.
As for the govt. programs they are slow to respond and will be based on 2006 values.......much of the money will likely go to the grain sector and it will be severely diluted by the time it ever reaches the producer and will probably be too little and too late to help struggling producers. Canadian producer groups have been pushing hard to reform these programs so that they will be timely and of aid in times of crises but govt. bureaucracy moves slowly!
OT it should be of comfort to you that all of these programs are trade neutral under the GATT protocols and are not countervailable......care to compare that to the US farm bill?? :shock:

At first blush, it sounds like the kind of things we've been asking for, and we're very happy that the federal government will step up to the plate," said Hugh Staunton-Lynch, president of the Canadian Cattlemen's Association.

So old Hugh was just politicking and blowing smoke when he made the above statement :???:

And the Ag Minister didn't know what he was talking about when he said

Ritz projected the programs would give a 400-head cow-calf farmer aid payments of C$38,500 and loans of up to C$116,000.

Either that or you all that have posted with these bank breaking checks are all 1 or 2 cow herd farmers :???: ....His figure is close to $100 per head for this 400 cow guy....Or is the corporate or bigger producer getting more per head for their animals :???:

Don't really matter to me-- but I think I'd be a little bit on the torqued off side if the worlds thinking your getting these big taxpayer handouts- and then it ain't true...Except for on these sites- I've seen no one in any organization come out disputing the figures or even questioning them in any of the Canadian or US media I get....Maybe I just missed it....

Oldtimer said:
Don't really matter to me-- but I think I'd be a little bit on the torqued off side if the worlds thinking your getting these big taxpayer handouts- and then it ain't true...Except for on these sites- I've seen no one in any organization come out disputing the figures or even questioning them in any of the Canadian or US media I get....Maybe I just missed it....

You obviously haven't looked all that hard then Oldtimer, but would rather spend your time criticizing that which you don't understand. The Canadian Taxpayers Association critiques all these programs and makes their findings available for anyone who wishes to see them. The opposition to the current government also watches these programs and makes their findings available during question periods.

So now that you've told us what we should be doing (and have been informed that <gasp> we are), tell me who watchdogs US programs? Have you called your own representatives to ask why only 30% of US announced funding ever gets into the hands of the producer it was intended for? Has your precious RCalf done anything about it? Better yet, have you done _anything at all_, or would you rather spend your time being a hypocrit?

Rod

DiamondSCattleCo said:
Oldtimer said:

You obviously haven't looked all that hard then Oldtimer, but would rather spend your time criticizing that which you don't understand. The Canadian Taxpayers Association critiques all these programs and makes their findings available for anyone who wishes to see them. The opposition to the current government also watches these programs and makes their findings available during question periods.

So now that you've told us what we should be doing (and have been informed that <gasp> we are), tell me who watchdogs US programs? Have you called your own representatives to ask why only 30% of US announced funding ever gets into the hands of the producer it was intended for? Has your precious RCalf done anything about it? Better yet, have you done _anything at all_, or would you rather spend your time being a hypocrit?

Rod

Yep Rod you Canucks are sure laid back or gullible :???: Just because one outfit knows about it means nothing- unless the press is getting it out to the people....Down here most folks are still talking about the Canadian ranchers all getting this multi billion dollar BSE bailout AGAIN- since this article was carried in many Ag publications.....But if thats what you want your legacy to be :roll:

Luckily down here we have a couple organizations (USCA-R-CALF- OCM-NFU) that do a lot of that questioning for us-- and find out where a lot of that money is going....And yes - now with R-CALF's and OCM's assistance during Congressional hearings on imports they have picked up the backing of several news media- CNN-msnbc-Fox-- but especially Lou Dobbs on CNN that has been tearing these ripoffs and these imports and the current USDA apart daily....Made NCBA out to be the "all hat-no beef buffoons" they really are.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oldtimer said:
DiamondSCattleCo said:
Oldtimer said:

Rod

Yep Rod you Canucks are sure laid back or gullible :???: Just because one outfit knows about it means nothing- unless the press is getting it out to the people....Down here most folks are still talking about the Canadian ranchers all getting this multi billion dollar BSE bailout AGAIN- since this article was carried in many Ag publications.....But if thats what you want your legacy to be :roll:

Luckily down here we have a couple organizations (USCA-R-CALF- OCM-NFU) that do a lot of that questioning for us-- and find out where a lot of that money is going....And yes - now with R-CALF's and OCM's assistance during Congressional hearings on imports they have picked up the backing of several news media- CNN-msnbc-Fox-- but especially Lou Dobbs on CNN that has been tearing these ripoffs and these imports and the current USDA apart daily....Made NCBA out to be the "all hat-no beef buffoons" they really are.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

So are you saying USCA and R-Calf are one organization?

So are you saying USCA and R-Calf are one organization?

Nope-- but both them put the cattlemans interest first compared to the NCBA where the Packers interest comes first- and they leave the cattleman to pick up the scraps left behind........

Oldtimer said:

And once again your ignorance shows through with stunning colors. The Canadian Taxpayers Association does quarterly mail outs to ALL CANADIAN CITIZENS telling them their results. So now what you're saying is that we need to go out of our way to inform Americans? :roll:

Luckily, their aren't many gullible Americans out there and they realize that minor amounts of money actually make it into the hands of producers, just like it is in their own country.

Rod

DiamondSCattleCo said:
Oldtimer said:

And once again your ignorance shows through with stunning colors. The Canadian Taxpayers Association does quarterly mail outs to ALL CANADIAN CITIZENS telling them their results. So now what you're saying is that we need to go out of our way to inform Americans? :roll:

Luckily, their aren't many gullible Americans out there and they realize that minor amounts of money actually make it into the hands of producers, just like it is in their own country.

Rod

It would be much better and less costly to just have a national policy to deal with the issues instead of just handing out government checks.

Just think how much more money you would have in your families if there were a live test for BSE or testing like the Japanese do. If you are counting on the international market for your sales, you can not rely only on one country due to the the international exchange rate risk.

I would say that with the rebate checks, all Canadians are paying for the packer's BSE policy, not just the cattlemen.

It is time to ask more of our governments than to create policies that cause these conditions. When policy makers sell out to special interests instead of the public interest, we all end up paying for bad policy and then getting blamed for it.

DiamondSCattleCo said:
Oldtimer said:

Rod

Apparetly nobodies got their quartely yet -EH- since no one on several sites I've asked on-Canadian or American- seems to know where the money went or is going :???:--while all are complaining about getting only a pittance :shock:
Not the best PR either when it leaves all the Americans that read those articles, that were in the US Ag publications, thinking the Canuck cattle raisers are getting big cash payout/bailouts again for their cattle...Just adds more division to the divided interlocking of the industry....

Oldtimer said:
DiamondSCattleCo said:
Oldtimer said:

Rod

Apparetly nobodies got their quartely yet -EH- since no one on several sites I've asked on-Canadian or American- seems to know where the money went or is going :???:--while all are complaining about getting only a pittance :shock:
Not the best PR either when it leaves all the Americans that read those articles, that were in the US Ag publications, thinking the Canuck cattle raisers are getting big cash payout/bailouts again for their cattle...Just adds more division to the divided interlocking of the industry....

Especially when people like Pat Goggins and crew print what they want and like to keep the pot stirred against Canadian cattle, I guess thats the beauty of owning your own paper, you can choose which facts you want people to know about, and I use the term facts loosely.

Latest posts