• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Hay Oldtimer -- I got my cheque

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Yanuck said:
Oldtimer said:
DiamondSCattleCo said:
And once again your ignorance shows through with stunning colors. The Canadian Taxpayers Association does quarterly mail outs to ALL CANADIAN CITIZENS telling them their results. So now what you're saying is that we need to go out of our way to inform Americans? :roll:

Luckily, their aren't many gullible Americans out there and they realize that minor amounts of money actually make it into the hands of producers, just like it is in their own country.

Rod

Apparetly nobodies got their quartely yet -EH- since no one on several sites I've asked on-Canadian or American- seems to know where the money went or is going :???:--while all are complaining about getting only a pittance :shock:
Not the best PR either when it leaves all the Americans that read those articles, that were in the US Ag publications, thinking the Canuck cattle raisers are getting big cash payout/bailouts again for their cattle...Just adds more division to the divided interlocking of the industry....

Especially when people like Pat Goggins and crew print what they want and like to keep the pot stirred against Canadian cattle, I guess thats the beauty of owning your own paper, you can choose which facts you want people to know about, and I use the term facts loosely.

Yanuck-- they print articles about the doings of all the cattlemens groups and all letters to the editor in Goggins paper--have you or any of these exalted high potentates of ABP/SSGA/CCA written an article or a letter to the editor explaining where this money went/is going :???:

I get the Agri News and have seen no explanations on this Canadian Bailout, as its being called...

Nanuck--Do you know where all this money went/is going :???: Have you called the Ag-Minister to find out where your $30,000-40,000 payment he said the rancher was getting is :???:

Oldtimer said:
Apparetly nobodies got their quartely yet -EH- since no one on several sites I've asked on-Canadian or American- seems to know where the money went or is going :???:--while all are complaining about getting only a pittance :shock:

:roll: The cheques are still being delivered. So you think that the program should be analyzed before the money has even been delivered? :roll: Maybe there is more to come? Nowhere in the press release did it say that the money would be doled out in one shot. :roll:

Rod

Tex said:
It would be much better and less costly to just have a national policy to deal with the issues instead of just handing out government checks.

Yep, you got that right. Thats why more and more cattlemen up here are starting to speak out against the CCA/ABP and other cattle groups that obviously don't have the producer's interests at heart. This current mess we're in is mostly the government's fault, so I really don't mind taking their money.

Rod

DiamondSCattleCo said:
Oldtimer said:

:roll: The cheques are still being delivered. So you think that the program should be analyzed before the money has even been delivered? :roll: Maybe there is more to come? Nowhere in the press release did it say that the money would be doled out in one shot. :roll:

Rod

I got it...So these Canadian folks that are whining about their little checks are just that--impatient whiners, eh--and aren't accurately portraying the program as it exists...That clears it up...

Rkaiser--Did you hear that :???: - keep checking the mailbox....Your big bailout cheque is in the mail :wink:

According to Ritz 's press release The BILLIONS is nothing but secured loans which in my book if you can get a secured loan you will be able to get that from your own bank anyway :roll: He's just blowing political hot air. Banks give the same loans without the same fanfare. Ritz also used the word PROJECTED which is a political way of saying it's not written in stone.

You got that right Cowzilla.

PROJECTED is also a political way of saying "It's probably not going to happen, but we'd like some PR in the meantime so people think we care. By the time everyone realizes it's not for real, we've had our good publicity, and that's all that really matters." :roll: :roll: :roll:

OT, we're not whining about the small cheques, we're complaining about the way politicians use statements like this to further their own agendas with no intention of ever following through on them. For them it's win-win, because they get the PR and don't have to spend any money. For us it's lose-lose because we get PR that gives the wrong impression, and potentially causes actual harm by being spun by certain protectionist anti-trade groups, (guess who? :wink: ) and don't ever actually receive any money.

If they're not intending to actually do something, then they should just keep their mouths shut. Loans.....geez..... I don't know of anyone in our business right now who has any interest at all in taking on more debt. We've had enough of it, and lots are just saying goodbye to agriculture rather than dig the hole even deeper.

Oldtimer said:
I got it...So these Canadian folks that are whining about their little checks are just that--impatient whiners, eh--and aren't accurately portraying the program as it exists...That clears it up...

:roll: Are you related to SH? Because you sure can spin things to mean something completely different than intended. Its not even worth debating with someone who knows they're beat but won't quit.

Rod

Kato said:
You got that right Cowzilla.

PROJECTED is also a political way of saying "It's probably not going to happen, but we'd like some PR in the meantime so people think we care. By the time everyone realizes it's not for real, we've had our good publicity, and that's all that really matters." :roll: :roll: :roll:

OT, we're not whining about the small cheques, we're complaining about the way politicians use statements like this to further their own agendas with no intention of ever following through on them. For them it's win-win, because they get the PR and don't have to spend any money. For us it's lose-lose because we get PR that gives the wrong impression, and potentially causes actual harm by being spun by certain protectionist anti-trade groups, (guess who? :wink: ) and don't ever actually receive any money.

If they're not intending to actually do something, then they should just keep their mouths shut. Loans.....geez..... I don't know of anyone in our business right now who has any interest at all in taking on more debt. We've had enough of it, and lots are just saying goodbye to agriculture rather than dig the hole even deeper.

And thats what I'm trying to get at-- a bunch of politicking making it look like Canadian cattlemen are getting handouts-- and not a word from any of your so called "cattlemans groups" leaders....Old Hugh 3 names even politically schmoozes it as "just what you need and are looking for" :roll: The only Canadian cattlemans group rep I've seen come out and even question this has been your new ABP delegate- rkaiser...
Makes you wonder who your CCA/ABP/SSGA are representing..... :???:

We have the same politician- false prophet cattle groups (NCBA) problems down here--but I'm chewing on them every chance I get...
It seems like it took a lot of stirring from a Yank to even get you guys fired up about this :shock:

Oldtimer,
First of all, perhaps you should also subscribe to the other Goggins newspaper, The Western Livestock Reporter, specifically the December 12,2007, page 5 issue and also December 26,2007 page 6, (quick now run and see if your wife has thrown out the old newspapers, so you can look for yourself.) There is an article on both those pages that concerns the payments Canadians could be receiving. You are right on the point that there are no letters to the editor from any Canadians explaining how much they did in fact receive, but do you think the letters would be printed? oh wait, what am I saying, of course you do, because you think Mr. Goggins walks on water
Secondly, no, they don't always print letters to the editor, Mr. Goggins said in 2005 that if you lived in Canada for a certain period of time, you could not donate blood here in the United States because of BSE transmission concerns. I wrote a letter to the editor pointing out the innacuracy, (after I had called the American Red Cross to make sure I had my facts straight,) and no letter to the editor appeared, he did acknowledge it in his column and in the next sentence said who cares. Well, frankly a lot of people should care as that is how half truths and lies become gospel to people who don't care to look or read any farthur than the garbage he can print.
Thirdly, no, I haven't called the Ag minister because I don't live in Canada, we sold our cows there 4 years ago, I did call my brother tonight and his whopping share of the "Billion Dollar Bailout" as you like to call it, was $156.00, he couldn't believe his good fortune and commented on how heavy that many Loonies were in his jeans pockets!
And finally, thank you for the little pet name, it makes me feel at home here on Ranchers, being new and all, is that something you do for everyone that doesn't agree with you or am I just "special?" :wink:
Something that might be of interest to you, the Goggins papers used to offer an "Old Geezers" rate on subscriptions, maybe you should check that out :p

Oldtimer said:
Yanuck said:
Oldtimer said:
Not the best PR either when it leaves all the Americans that read those articles, that were in the US Ag publications, thinking the Canuck cattle raisers are getting big cash payout/bailouts again for their cattle...Just adds more division to the divided interlocking of the industry....

Especially when people like Pat Goggins and crew print what they want and like to keep the pot stirred against Canadian cattle, I guess thats the beauty of owning your own paper, you can choose which facts you want people to know about, and I use the term facts loosely.

Yanuck-- they print articles about the doings of all the cattlemens groups and all letters to the editor in Goggins paper--have you or any of these exalted high potentates of ABP/SSGA/CCA written an article or a letter to the editor explaining where this money went/is going :???:

I get the Agri News and have seen no explanations on this Canadian Bailout, as its being called...

Nanuck--Do you know where all this money went/is going :???: Have you called the Ag-Minister to find out where your $30,000-40,000 payment he said the rancher was getting is :???:

I don't get WLR anymore-- just Agri-news and with all the Letters to the Editor its surprising they don't post all...But then you were challenging Sir Patrick- so I might see that :lol: .....

But I can't believe that a news article submitted by a Canadian cattlemens organization challenging the viabity of the program- and putting out the facts just as you and some others here have brought forward could help but be printed....

Remember, like Sandhusker has said many times-- contrary to what some think--no one is out to get the Canadian cowman- or against the Canadian cowman-- it the US government and some the governments policies/agreements that we question and oppose....
I think it would just be to the benefit of all those who don't use computers or read these blog type formats if they actually knew what you guys were getting......

Oldtimer said:
I don't get WLR anymore-- just Agri-news and with all the Letters to the Editor its surprising they don't post all...But then you were challenging Sir Patrick- so I might see that :lol: .....

But I can't believe that a news article submitted by a Canadian cattlemens organization challenging the viabity of the program- and putting out the facts just as you and some others here have brought forward could help but be printed....

Remember, like Sandhusker has said many times-- contrary to what some think--no one is out to get the Canadian cowman- or against the Canadian cowman-- it the US government and some the governments policies/agreements that we question and oppose....
I think it would just be to the benefit of all those who don't use computers or read these blog type formats if they actually knew what you guys were getting......

There's your topic for tomorrow morning's coffee shop crowd :D

Yanuck said:
I did call my brother tonight and his whopping share of the "Billion Dollar Bailout" as you like to call it, was $156.00

To further point out how innaccurate OT's claims are, I talked to some folks about the monies received thus far, and these December cheques aren't even part of the "billion dollar payout", but rather top-ups from the Cost of Production rebates that were originally given out mid (early?) 2007. In effect we're simply getting some extra fuel tax money back, which we shouldn't be paying on farm fuel in the first place.

The "Billion Dollar Payout" program was JUST announced a few days ago and information is available in the Western Seducer and I suspect the Canadian Cattlemen's Magazine when it comes out to print.

Rod

DiamondSCattleCo said:
Yanuck said:
I did call my brother tonight and his whopping share of the "Billion Dollar Bailout" as you like to call it, was $156.00

To further point out how innaccurate OT's claims are, I talked to some folks about the monies received thus far, and these December cheques aren't even part of the "billion dollar payout", but rather top-ups from the Cost of Production rebates that were originally given out mid (early?) 2007. In effect we're simply getting some extra fuel tax money back, which we shouldn't be paying on farm fuel in the first place.

The "Billion Dollar Payout" program was JUST announced a few days ago and information is available in the Western Seducer and I suspect the Canadian Cattlemen's Magazine when it comes out to print.

Rod

So then all these other fine Canadian folks were all wrong-or were trying to deceive us- eh :???: - and you ALL are still gonna get your big handouts via that government... :???:

Hear that kaiser-- still a chance for mai tai's and frolicking on the beach for you, courtesy the Candadian government :wink: :lol:

I always still wonder how many millions of cows could have been tested- and lbs of labeled tested beef shipped and sold- and how many new Asian markets opened-- if this Canuck government had took the approach of allowing testing- and subsidized that-- instead of passing out reams of cash to the multinational packers and the Big feeders, before allowing some to trickle down to the producer....

OK...we recieved the cheque yesterday...a whopping 38.72. This is exactly what was wriiten on the cheque amount:

The Government of Canada is pleased to provide you with this cost of production payment. The payment is part of a $1 Billion commitment announced March 9,2007 by the federal government.

Either way its ridiculous,and agreeing with OT that the general public needs to be aware of the payment amounts...they're being fed the news that Billions of dollars are going out to help the cattleman. Not only that but how many of you recieved C.A.I.S money paid the taxes on it then they asked for the OVERPAYMENT back??????? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Mrs.Greg said:
OK...we recieved the cheque yesterday...a whopping 38.72. This is exactly what was wriiten on the cheque amount:

The Government of Canada is pleased to provide you with this cost of production payment. The payment is part of a $1 Billion commitment announced March 9,2007 by the federal government.

Either way its ridiculous :(

Hold tight there Mrs Greg--Rod says the big one is in the mail-- and soon you can be dancing in the heat in Cancun.....You'll have to get you one of those farmer (mailbox shape billed) caps to keep the sun out of your eyes while your looking thru the mailbox- as you don't want to miss this biggy that Rod says you're getting :wink: :lol:

Oldtimer said:
Mrs.Greg said:

Either way its ridiculous :(

Hold tight there Mrs Greg--Rod says the big one is in the mail-- and soon you can be dancing in the heat in Cancun.....You'll have to get you one of those farmer (mailbox shape billed) caps to keep the sun out of your eyes while your looking thru the mailbox- as you don't want to miss this biggy that Rod says you're getting :wink: :lol:
Ya and WHEN :roll: it does we'll just pop it into a savings account so that when they ask for it back after they charge us the taxes on it ,MAYBE the interest from the savings account will help us break even.

I don't hold ANYTHING a government claims is a payout as sacred word :?

Well don't invest it in the US stock market--that may be nonexistent by years end... :wink: :roll: :(

Mrs.Greg said:
Either way its ridiculous,and agreeing with OT that the general public needs to be aware of the payment amounts...they're being fed the news that Billions of dollars are going out to help the cattleman. Not only that but how many of you recieved C.A.I.S money paid the taxes on it then they asked for the OVERPAYMENT back??????? :roll: :roll: :roll:

I agree Mrs. Greg that it is an issue, all I was debating OT on is that we don't have mechanisms in place to report these issues when we do. If its one thing I can't stand, its a hypocrite who really doesn't know what he's talking about and rather mis-reports and mis-informs in a pathetic attempt to continue to divide US and Canadian producers when we should instead be working together as one group.

Unfortunately, most people in the city choose to ignore the reports when they are made available both in print and on the internet. Government on both sides of the border have done a great job in dividing rural and urban dwellers. Its an issue that I really don't see a solution for, as you can't make people see what they don't want to.

Rod

According to the Western Producer their is still 8,200 producers owing money back from "over payments" on the cash advance . That amount was to be half of what was owed producers that enroll in the production insurance plan.

Latest posts