• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Hello from Shortgrass.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Shortgrass

Reaction score
I am still among the living. Soapweed called last night to check up on me. It has been real trying times around here the last couple of weeks. Jan lost an aunt, and flew to California for the funeral. before she got home, a close friend and neighbor died. She was planning the funeral dinner (about 300 in attendance), when we got a call that my grandson was in ICU. Other ladies stepped up to the plate for her, and we went to the hospital. He was ill and dehydrated when they took him to emergency and discovered his blood sugar was 1400. It should run 80 - 120. He went into diabetic shock, and we had a scare. He was better the next day, but that evening had a seizure. He was unresponsive, and we were pretty worried. about 30 minutes later, he came out of it. His first words were "Momma, I touched the face of God." He then was making all kinds of weird faces, when my daughter asked "Brady are you alright?" He replied that he was trying to get her to smile instead of cry! He has steadily improved since, and is now learning to live with juvinile diabetes. Will be on insulin shots for life. Well he was just at the face making place when I got a call from my neice in Oklahoma saying if I wanted to come see my sis, now would be the time. She was undergoing chemo for leukimia. She also was in ICU. It appeared that Brady was getting better, and sis was getting worse, so we drove all night to Tulsa. For 3 days, she was very weak and slept most of the time. Her word were not understandable. I have never seen anyone that weak recover, but I had never seen any one that weak look up and in a weak whisper say "I'm going to make it." Her blood count began rising, and went from 0 on platelets to about 300. She got some, and her body acdcepted them so her count went to 1100. The next day it was 2300, and she was much stronger. Her bone morrow was working! The next morning it went to 2800, and we came home. It is now 4800, and she is out of ICU and sat up today for a good hour! lI got home, and spent the day looking at stock. We are pretty washed out. God truley will carry you through times like this -praise His Name. That is my excuse for not posting Good Sunday Mornin'. Thanks, John for covering my hinney.

Glad you're back Shortgrass.

Life does throw it's curveballs at each and every one of us at times. When it seems you don't know which way to turn He will show the way.

gcreekrch said:
Glad you're back Shortgrass.

Life does throw it's curveballs at each and every one of us at times. When it seems you don't know which way to turn He will show the way.

I appreciate that comment. We really did not know which way to turn or where we were most needed. We prayed, made a decision, and it worked out just right. We were where we needed to be when we needed to be there. Your observation is right on.

Good to hear from you and glad you are home after weathering life's storms. :wave:

James 1:2

2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. 5 If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. 6 But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.

I am glad your grandson is recovering.

May God bless your sister and give her the strength she needs to win the "battle" against Leukemia. My heart and prayers are with her.

Shortgrass said:
His first words were "Momma, I touched the face of God."

This really touched me. Not under the best circumstances for him or his family, but what a priveleged young man! May God continue to be with you and yours, Shortgrass.

WVGenetics said:
Shortgrass said:
His first words were "Momma, I touched the face of God."

This really touched me. Not under the best circumstances for him or his family, but what a priveleged young man! May God continue to be with you and yours, Shortgrass.

Yeah, he is 13 years old, saved, but not one to wear his Christianity on his sleve, so to speak. If you knew him, you would know he had some special experience to have made such a statement. As you said, privileged........

Welcome back Shortgrass. No matter what this life throws at us, we can take comfort in knowing God is good, all the time.

My prayers for comfort and healing go out to your family.

That's an awful lot of stress for anyone to endure in such a short time span. You walk close to God evidently and he showed you the way.
I hope all those folks recover and live long healthy Christian lives.
good luck

Latest posts